Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Ben Shapiro fans love to use the term. You know, the guy who talks very fast about complete bullshit and leaves dumb kids and intelligent people alike sitting there scratching their heads, albeit for different reasons. Great video of him being slaughtered by one of the most blatantly right-wing figures in British media. Shapiro's ignorance and arrogance is on full display here.

Psx_20210526_201147
joined Jun 5, 2019

Yamada, whose sexuality is never expressed, is only allowed to be attracted to Kase and no other women.

Yeah, that's like what ? A lot of Yuris about there. Most of yuri never outright told that the MCs are lesbians, they just happen to fall in love with a woman, like Yuu or Nanami in Yagate or like Mei in Citrus.

The implication is that they’re young inexperienced women who are “experimenting” or “going through a phase”. And by the way, “oh, it’s just a phase” is a very common way for parents/families of lgbt people to rationalize their sexuality. And that’s my biggest problem with these kind of titles. It’s okay to be gay. It’s okay for gay women to be express appreciation for and be attracted to women that aren’t their partner. It’s okay for it not to be “just a phase”.

So Yamada and Kase are essentially het cucked to each other.

What does that even mean ?

“Cuckholding” is a way that one partner controls who the other partner is allowed to be attracted to or be physical with. The partner that grants permission feels that because they determine who their partner is attracted to, they can also control their partner’s attraction to them. In this case, the author has locked down who Yamada and Kase are attracted to down to each other. Male readers enjoy this relationship because “if I can’t have them, neither can anyone else male or female”. Female readers are out of the equation because neither Yamada nor Kase are granted permission to be attracted to other women. So this is primarily a het dynamic.

That is, the only threat to their relationship is allowed to come from a strong male character.

Forgot that Inoue was a strong male character. And that's also forgetting all that happen since they're together and the many things they faced. It's like the first time a male happen to step-in and we don't even know if he is interested in Yamada.

I’m only talking about this current arc.

The one lesbian character (Kase) isn’t allowed to express attraction for women.

For one, we don't know if Kase is lesbian, it's just rumors that Miwakacchi heard, there is no actual proof that Kase is a lesbian or was attracted to girls/womens before Yamada and yeah she don't express affection to others womens, she is blindly in love with Yamada and only see her as her center of her world.That's like the main aspect of Kase in their relation, she see Yamada as a goddess.

Kase is dramatized as the classic “butch” (I really hate that word btw) and is super controlling and dominant (both physically and emotionally) over Yamada. To me, the clear implication is that she’s supposed to be the prototypical “dyke”, and she’s the male author’s idea of what that would be. Basically a man trapped in a woman’s body.

a guy that I would want to be and identify with is the only guy that is allowed into the attraction pool.

cf up here, i don't freaking know how you can forget Inoue or for that matter that Yamada is insecure about every GIRLS who are near Kase like Inoue or Kase's college roommate. but yeah "only male" hey.

Again, I’m only talking about this current arc.

strategic level analisys, my fav, and i think it hit the mark, authors must abandon het idea for good or just drop yuri genre , yuribait is the worst thing, for what autors should get death sntence! if u want write het go to classic het, dont ever try imitate het in wlw relationships, ever

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Gosh, this convo is getting so long, I may just give up on reading it and let the Google Translate voice read it for me.

Man I want whatever the trolls are smoking in this thread.
It is however annoying how Kase gets overly jealous and vice versa. I wonder when the cycle will stop.

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Probably the worst chapter in the whole series. Kase needs to sort her shit.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Gosh, this convo is getting so long, I may just give up on reading it and let the Google Translate voice read it for me.

LOL I actually followed through with this.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I've deleted a post I made in haste after getting confused about who was claiming what. My apologies to Blastaar for having to make him restate his point. What I had actually come here to do was make a stupid comment, viz:

Why is Yamada so excited about being able to plant flowers, when she already has the power to generate them directly out of her head?

Hope that gets things back on track.

The heteronormalization of lesbian relationships on what is ostensibly an “lgbt-friendly” site via aggressive trolling and bullying to shout down any other opinion than “omg this so cute” or “omg when are they going to fuck” is, quite frankly, disgusting.

joined Oct 22, 2018

The more I'm listening to Google Translate reading the convo, the more I'm like the cmonbro emote on the Discord server.

last edited at Jan 30, 2021 5:28PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

The implication is that they’re young inexperienced women who are “experimenting” or “going through a phase”.

Anyone else think that's an implication in this manga? Or any other manga active on the site? I feel like that kind of thing died off in the 2000s. I don't think I've even seen "and then she grew up and married a man". Apart from that recent one with a prince as a beard for two women.

This isn't Class S "play relationships" in high school. These are college students who have fucked.

Kase's wildly jealous with disturbing controlling impulses. That's her character, in this story. It's not universal.

"Apart from all the context of the rest of the story, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the manga?"

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Jealous Kase is getting old, and prince dude needs to leave Yamada's flowers alone before me and the boys give him an up-close-and-personal tutorial on types of soil at different depths.

There's also no "heteronormalization" going on, don't know where that even came from.

last edited at Jan 30, 2021 5:48PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

omg stop talking like Tomoharu was full on seducing Yamada, hell Yamada seem to be even pissed of he criticize her arrangement, i don't think there is the slightest amount of fear he try anything. He might even end up with Hana.

The implication is that they’re young inexperienced women who are “experimenting” or “going through a phase”.

Anyone else think that's an implication in this manga? Or any other manga active on the site? I feel like that kind of thing died off in the 2000s. I don't think I've even seen "and then she grew up and married a man". Apart from that recent one with a prince as a beard for two women.

This isn't Class S "play relationships" in high school. These are college students who have fucked.

Yeah, no woman has ever experimented or gone through a phase in college.

Kase's wildly jealous with disturbing controlling impulses. That's her character, in this story. It's not universal.

"Apart from all the context of the rest of the story, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the manga?"

“Season eight of GoT is just as good as season one.”

last edited at Jan 30, 2021 6:18PM by

Jealous Kase is getting old, and prince dude needs to leave Yamada's flowers alone before me and the boys give him an up-close-and-personal tutorial on types of soil at different depths.

There's also no "heteronormalization" going on, don't know where that even came from.

That’s all that’s going on here. Any opinion of the way lesbians are portrayed in yuri manga that isn’t “lesbians are hot huh huh” is immediately shouted down by the trolls and their army of toadies.

But, at the end of the day, it’s fine. I deal with discrimination, bullies, and their toadies every single day.

Words as defined by the highly regarded, academically cited “healthline.com”.

From Wikipedia:

Controversy

Questions have been raised about the quality and neutrality of the articles in Healthline. One critic noted that a Healthline article about a new drug used promotional language, copied from the drug-maker's press release, neglected to cite adverse side effects, and framed the drugs claimed benefits in misleading language not correctly representing the evidence reported in a classical peer-reviewed medical journal.

Other critics have noted:

• headlines that exaggerate the substance of the article;

• inadequate journalistic and scientific skepticism, when reporting "news";

• failure to balance quotes from vested interests with quotes from interviews of independent sources;

• reported medical "news" that had not yet validated by publication in a peer-reviewed journal;

• implied clinical applicability for developments not yet so scientifically validated;

• failure to balance reports of claimed theoretical benefits, of a new treatment, with a corresponding report of the associated cost or required frequency of treatment;

• failure to cite sources;

• failure to link to source of studies cited in the article;

Hmm.

Look, that happened to be near the top of the searches--I could cite a hundred more places with a version of that definition--its peer-review status is irrelevant when it's saying the same as innumerable standard sources. I cannot find anyone who says it's about:

"one partner controls who the other partner is allowed to be attracted to or be physical with. The partner that grants permission feels that because they determine who their partner is attracted to, they can also control their partner’s attraction to them."

Since time immemorial, a "cuckold" is a person whose spouse is cheating on them.

As a sex fetish, it's someone who gets off on being cheated on (usually either watching or simply the knowledge that the cheating is taking place).

"Cuck" has become a fashionable term among the alt-right, who use it as general-purpose insult. I have yet to see a rational person use it seriously.

So, let’s recap. You challenged my description with the laziest search result you could possibly come up with. Then you associated anyone who uses the term with actual Nazis. It certainly didn’t take you long to satisfy Godwin’s Law.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So, let’s recap. You challenged my description with the laziest search result you could possibly come up with. Then you associated anyone who uses the term with actual Nazis. It certainly didn’t take you long to satisfy Godwin’s Law.

For one Blastaar talk about cuck and not cuckold and secondly can you do your research before posting ?

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Not just the NAZIs and the internet alt-right, far worse: the English, who have used it as an insult against disfavorable lords since time immemorial.
But the former is is far more likely to be aligned with the views of someone who believes there should be less queer art because it doesn't depict the good queer relationships they like and instead is too heteronormalized, or too fetishistic, or too unhealthy/abusive. Respectability is erasure and is fast friends with those who would prefer the latter.

last edited at Jan 30, 2021 7:21PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wow. I'm impressed at how far off the rails this whole mess has gotten. Well done, I suppose.

Now is the time to rest on your laurels and congratulate yourselves. And not to continue this whole nonsense with further posts. Let your perfect bad conversation stand on its own, don't ruin it by gilding the lily.

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

Boyo, back off from her flowers. Also, who do you think you are, calling her by her first name? Shoo.

Lol he didn't know her last name since Hana introduced her as Yui-chan (i don't think he does anyway maybe he does i don't remember sorry ^_^; )

joined Jun 7, 2019

she is just jealous
why y'all are making such a big deal about it?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

she is just jealous

Because that's like the 5th or 6th time Kase is jealous since the Highschool times and it's a bit tiring.
Jealousy

last edited at Jan 30, 2021 9:38PM

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

she is just jealous

Because that's like the 5th or 6th time Kase is jealous since the Highschool times and it's a bit tiring.
Jealousy

LMAOOO THIS SO GOOD. But yes Jealous!Kase-san strikes again. I wish Kase would just....trust Yui more and be less insecure lmao. But they are still like 18-19 years old and are in a "sorta long-distant" relationship. So I can understand lmao

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Well, who knows, maybe this is where (next chapter or two when this gets resolved) Kase finally gets over the jealousy hump?
You have to admit it would be a nice relationship development, buuuut then where drama-llamas?

Also: Hey Nezchan! Long time no read!

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

I just read the latest chapter in here and decided to check out and leave something nice about it in the comments section and Jeebus Fricking Crocs I never thought I'd be seeing the word "dyke" here.

That soil garden "prince" is a mess. You don't dip your gnarly hands into a girl's own genius flower arrangement, sir, then mansplain how the frick it's done. And if Yui's wrathful stares had daggers in them, you, sir, would deserve an untimely death.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That soil garden "prince" is a mess. You don't dip your gnarly hands into a girl's own genius flower arrangement, sir, then mansplain how the frick it's done. And if Yui's wrathful stares had daggers in them, you, sir, would deserve an untimely death.

I’ve been wanting a Yamada-as-gardening-ace chapter, and this one shows she’s got talent and taste.

Yamada’s self-direction and diligence is what attracted Kase’s attention in the first place, and it’s nice to see her forging ahead in her chosen avocation.

To reply you must either login or sign up.