Forum › The Witches and Their Dear Apprentice discussion

joined Dec 8, 2016

Ah, the wonder of yuri harems.

I'm fairly certain that Rebecca will come out the winner here. One chapter in, and she checks the 'Not forthright with her feelings' box and the Tsundere box. Also, she's somewhat reminiscent of Diana of LWA fame. :D

For those that'll be confused by so many characters out of the gate, I think you can group the harem members like this:

Balla & Jill: Kuudere
Flora & Dahlia: Tease

joined Feb 5, 2020

Cough I love this a little too much. Witch? Yes. Harem? Yes. Milf? Hell yes.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

One girl and a group of witch giraffes.

I'm just teasing since this artist always draws such long necks.

I was going to say, they have a very ... interesting relationships with necks. The length seems mostly fine on the shorter characters, but once they start getting taller it just gets longer, like they're not scaling up properly. Part of it might also be the heads scaling to slowly.

Glad someone said something about the art because all I knew to expect from this artist was The Witches and Their Pointy Fuckin' Chins

Story is cute otherwise

last edited at Jun 4, 2020 1:47AM

joined Oct 13, 2014

love it already

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Wth, "sometimes she's big and sometimes she's small"? What form of magic is that? Cute fluff otherwise.

joined Oct 10, 2016

I'm too sleepy to get a hang of who is who but still it's Yu Nagori, it has to be good

Its not just sleep lol.. I dont know what the mangaka was thinking but its NOT a good idea to try to introduce lots of characters at once - its not very clear at all who is who especially if one was changing size.

When you start a new manga or anime series you really need to take a minute to clearly establish who is who.

It was 2AM when I wrote this comment, so yes, I was sleepy as h*ck.

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

YES ! YESS!
More nagori goodness. I was waiting for this.
Also i've been longing for a story of a cute girl surounded by beautiful ladies with magic powers for a long time. And this comeq complete with the Height Gap, too. (Yes, i looks for very specifics things).

joined Jun 4, 2020

https://i.imgur.com/N9U2kKw.jpg

Nice, once saw them teasing this a few months ago, and I was glad it became reality.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

She's like a lone bunny in a den of foxes. Oh my!

joined Jul 26, 2016

Wth, "sometimes she's big and sometimes she's small"? What form of magic is that?

Doesn't sound like the switch is under her conscious control so it's probably some kind of weird majick side effect ("fuck those bootleg elixirs of youth amirite?"), if not outright curse.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

editor: so how many tall women will there be?
Nagori Yu: yes
editor: ...
Nagori Yu: plus one that changes between tall and small

joined May 25, 2020

YES

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

I'm too sleepy to get a hang of who is who but still it's Yu Nagori, it has to be good

Its not just sleep lol.. I dont know what the mangaka was thinking but its NOT a good idea to try to introduce lots of characters at once - its not very clear at all who is who especially if one was changing size.

When you start a new manga or anime series you really need to take a minute to clearly establish who is who.

I thought it was pretty clear. Also this chapter obviously wasn't meant to be an official first chapter but rather more like a one shot intro/pilot. There was no plot or anything so I don't think the author wanted people to take this as the actual first chapter.

A yuri witch harem? Do I..even deserve to be this happy?

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

and the height gap continues.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

editor: so how many tall women will there be?
Nagori Yu: yes
editor: ...
Nagori Yu: plus one that changes between tall and small

LMAO i love it

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Yu Nagori is spoiling us and i'm loving it

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

this is a particular kind of harem, though. I can't remember their names but two manga come to mind. In one, the MC has nowhere to live so she becomes a plaything of the girls living in the dorms so she can stay there. And in the other, two boys who are yuri otaku think they've gone to heaven when they are accepted as the only boys in "Yuri House" but find out it's been turned into "Yaoi House" and they are playthings and the girls are always urging them to kiss. I would call it a reverse harem but that already means 1 girl many boys in manga terms.

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

this is a particular kind of harem, though. I can't remember their names but two manga come to mind. In one, the MC has nowhere to live so she becomes a plaything of the girls living in the dorms so she can stay there. And in the other, two boys who are yuri otaku think they've gone to heaven when they are accepted as the only boys in "Yuri House" but find out it's been turned into "Yaoi House" and they are playthings and the girls are always urging them to kiss. I would call it a reverse harem but that already means 1 girl many boys in manga terms.

I think the first one you're thinking of is Gokujou Drops

Photo
joined Feb 24, 2017

So this young lady has 5 sexy and tall older women looking for her? NICE

joined Feb 8, 2016

I like her stories, especially Suzu and Lady Suiren! I'm not into harems or reverse harems so I'll have wait and see how this one goes. Looks like she has other characters but I don't see any here and someone noted a fan translation but the link goes back to Yuki and the Authoress posted here. Boy, wish I could read Japanese or be able to set up a company overseas to translate and sell to english markets. Even giving the original artists good percentage of profits would be nice to do. I just think there is a really good yuri market outside asian that would buy these works if a legal way could be set up. But she is a very mangaka and I'd loved to see more of her stuff translated, I'd even paid regular money for it. Oops, I'm starting to repeat myself......

joined May 25, 2019

I SHIP THE GENIUS AND THE SHY GIRL HARD!

joined Feb 5, 2020

Did this never update ;_;

20230106_011143
joined Mar 8, 2018

The plot thickens...

joined Feb 5, 2020

I want that visual novel now damn

To reply you must either login or sign up.