Forum › The Promise I Made to Eve discussion

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

Another beautiful work by Hachi. She just keeps getting better.

Edit: I can't believe YP dropped one of my favorite authors from the anthologies they participated in. That's fucking bullshit.

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 1:20PM

joined Mar 19, 2020

I hear you itou hachi, I do. But why?

Honestly I think eve is way cuter as an adult than as a loli.

Dashing
joined Nov 19, 2018

ltou Hachi never disappoints. Always makes the best stuff.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

i needed this, so cute

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Itou Hachi really wants to do violence/gore huh

Ak12-an94
joined Mar 10, 2018

I want to think I'm wrong but I have two choices: first, maybe because they were adult-child, going adult-adult wouldn't make sense for the girl. Second is, because the last image of the girl was Eve scrapped and with her below half taken, the girl remaked her in the last size she saw Eve.
I almost cried omg T^T

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

I love the whole "But why a loli? It's a Itou Hachi work. Understandable, have a nice day" here-

Photo
joined Feb 24, 2017

Daaaamn, poor Eve,but at least she will get fully resurrected eventually.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Oh Itou....

joined Dec 13, 2018

She's able to give the person she loves any body she wants in bringing her back. It is only natural she would chose a loli, anyone would.

Fun fact: This is a part of Eclair Orange, which did get released in English by Yen Press but doesn't include this part. You can probably guess why.

Yeah, YP have been pretty consistently anti-yuri like this in localizing the whole series. It's just not a good idea to give them money.

,,,I mean in this case, I consider it completely justified? Loli aren't cash-money, yo.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Loli aren't cash-money, yo.

I am glad you aren't my stockbroker.

joined May 18, 2020

okay but why chose a 9y.o body for the remake eve? the og eve is like high school(?) or whatever tf she is except loli. I know this is itou hachi but jesus christ

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

okay but why chose a 9y.o body for the remake eve? the og eve is like high school(?) or whatever tf she is except loli. I know this is itou hachi but jesus christ

That's a lot of hardware. Just trying to keep costs down.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

That's a lot of hardware. Just trying to keep costs down.

I definitely would believe this logic. smaller robot model, less expensive parts to get and build.

Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

if you dislike loli why do you read itou hachi

Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

bc she can and she wanted to

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

To be fair, this one wasn't tagged with lolicon because there's no evidence of an actual romantic relationship. If it was tagged, they'd definitely have no reason to even be here, and even less reason to gripe about it.

Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

To be fair, this one wasn't tagged with lolicon because there's no evidence of an actual romantic relationship. If it was tagged, they'd definitely have no reason to even be here, and even less reason to gripe about it.

it's itou hachi...just assume that there will be loli content. e.g. i, personally, don't go into shindol works even when they aren't tagged with #ryona, because i know already that's his entire thing and it's gonna be present somehow.

also, i feel the romantic relationship should be implied as they were lovers before the robo gf broke (when the white-haired mc herself was a loli, so? they quite literally kissed).

also also these types (antis) are even beneath her works that ARE tagged as "loli"? so yeah, i don't get why they're always here. don't like don't read

last edited at Jan 18, 2021 2:38PM

Photo
joined Feb 24, 2017

This made me remember Saber Marionette (J and J to X)

joined Jan 19, 2021

Look at itou sensei update i am sure she was just been released from jail for what she draw lollll but i still love itou sensei's works
Pls do not try to test ur luck itou sensei one day u will go back again (´・ω・`)

last edited at Jan 23, 2021 2:40PM

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

The roles reversed.

joined Feb 8, 2016

I can easily look past age differences as there is never actual sex. But Hachi-sensei writes stories that often have a wonderful or poignant message to them if you don't get hung up on the age gap. When I ever make it to Japan, she is one mangaka I would most like to meet. You know it says right at the top who the mangaka is people, and enough people know how Hachi-sensei's stories go. It's a bit disingenuous to see the same people always making the same lame comments about age gap. If you have a problem with it, don't read it morons! Geez, it's like talking to toddlers. As a survivor of child torture, I absolutely cannot stand BDSM and consider it nothing less than sexual abuse, but if I see a story with the "BDSM tag", I just pass it by, I don't go on the comments and decry the artist for doing another BDSM comic. This is so common on the overly righteous protestant mindset here in the U.S. and then you hear the very people decrying the loudest here are the next to be arrested for the "actual" act of child molestation! The U.S. is one of the most hypocritical countries on this planet. Ask yourself and research the answer, who has the higher percentage of sex crimes? It's not Japan.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

She's able to give the person she loves any body she wants in bringing her back. It is only natural she would chose a loli, anyone would.

Fun fact: This is a part of Eclair Orange, which did get released in English by Yen Press but doesn't include this part. You can probably guess why.

Yeah, YP have been pretty consistently anti-yuri like this in localizing the whole series. It's just not a good idea to give them money.

+1.

The “Eclair (Color)” series are a disappointment. I wouldn’t bother with buying anything more from YP.

I prefer “Seven Seas” publisher.

You have to give better arguments than "They don't have Itou Hachi works" to convince me, Yen press "censor" those stories because it's lolicon and it probably clash with IRL laws in western countries.

The first Eclair one has the Itou Hachi work, though. They only erased her works in the rest, like Germany did.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

You have to give better arguments than "They don't have Itou Hachi works" to convince me, Yen press "censor" those stories because it's lolicon and it probably clash with IRL laws in western countries.

Why did you put quotes around censor, no one else said "censor". If there were actually laws against it that would be censorship

There are laws. It's the PROTECT Act. It's not surprising a publisher would decide not to risk violating it and precedent on the law means loli works could go either way in court.

joined Jun 4, 2021

Weird. Why did she write it so that the android got half of her body scrapped but then doesn't incorporate that fact in explaining the current loli form?

Guess Itou Hachi just ran out of page.

To reply you must either login or sign up.