Forum › Posts by qualia

qualia
Image Comments 23 Nov 13:10
joined Jun 4, 2021

Should this be tagged as "Next" for the other picture?

qualia
Image Comments 17 Nov 01:36
joined Jun 4, 2021
82495673_p0

Who is the girl on the left? I can't believe Yuuna is shipped with someone not Togou

qualia
Image Comments 03 Nov 00:37
joined Jun 4, 2021
Fczeequwqac4ykf-orig

^^^^^ Not how the internet works otherwise Dynasty would not have any problem with licensed manga, because most of them are also uploaded on the web version of their magazines.

The reason we can upload fan art here without permission (even though it's kind of a dick move) is because it's derivative work, NOT because it's on the internet

joined Jun 4, 2021

Ah it's just an exploration of what happens when one falls into a black hole and general space trivia. I was so hyped thinking this was a sequel to "The immortals who saw the death of the universe" instead.

Then again, given how that one ended a sequel looks pretty improbable.

joined Jun 4, 2021

For those who don't know, you can black list het series and images by editing your profile. They'll still show up on searches if they share a tag that fits your search, but they won't appear on the front page.

Hey thanks for the tip, I don't actually know that the site has this function.

As for the story itself, while idk how it got here, I just hope that this ends better than Boku no Shounen. That one has basically the exact same shouta-bait premise but turns out pretty touching, all things considered.

joined Jun 4, 2021

What's with the weird token yuri? Romance is not a focus of the story, their relationship doesn't have any shipping material, the editor MC tries her hardest to deny that they're in a relationship even in private. Yet it ends on a kiss out of nowhere?

Not that I would ever want less yuri in any work ever, but maybe the author could put more legwork in making their relationship less ... platonic, I guess. Now it just seems like it's trying too hard to be tagged yuri or not be called baits.

joined Jun 4, 2021

Weird. Why did she write it so that the android got half of her body scrapped but then doesn't incorporate that fact in explaining the current loli form?

Guess Itou Hachi just ran out of page.

qualia
Image Comments 14 Oct 04:04
joined Jun 4, 2021
Cute

@Peccata what does it being from the 2000 have to do with anything? Ozamu Tezuka wrote about gay main characters in '76 ffs.

qualia
Image Comments 14 Oct 03:48
joined Jun 4, 2021
24145879_p0

^^ wow yet another comment from @Bugdevil getting into irrelevant arguments for no reason.

Must feel nice to live without any sense of irony whatsoever.

qualia
Image Comments 07 Oct 08:05
joined Jun 4, 2021
70583109_p10

Artists should be encouraged to ignore criticism if they all boil down to "make less of X because I don't like it waaaggh!!1!1!" without any substance lol

qualia
Image Comments 07 Oct 07:53
joined Jun 4, 2021
Somechime_sometime1209_78686787_p1

If the author doesn't know what NTR means, then we ignore their tags and use our system.

Words have meanings and just because an author FEELS that their work deserves a tag doesn't mean another tag isn't a better fit, especially given that Dynasty use a different definition than pixiv anyway.

Besides, allowing whatever tags the author used be on here is just asking for retarded tagging be defended under "muh author's intention". And if we want to prevent that, it becomes necessary to reject good art if the author use tags that conflict with the rest of their kind on Dynasty. This is practical, long term consideration, not being "willfully ignorant" or whatever strawman you use when the mods don't do what you like Bugdevil.

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 7:53AM

joined Jun 4, 2021

It's pretty funny that every season there are garbage isekai stuff glorifying and justifying sexual slavery of women "because it's hot" getting by just fine, but a story specifically made to point out such sexism is bad 'cause "muh misandry!!11!" lol.

At least this one has something to talk about even if a bit shallow in gender politics. Most other isekai can't even get past the tutorial of writing nuanced, thoughtful social commentary.

joined Jun 4, 2021

Basically why I don't really like supernatural mangas. Most of the time they lack plot. It wasn't romantic, nor scary, it was bland.

What do you mean lack plot? Most of them need a gripping narrative from the get go to draw people in, which is why most of them start in media res, during a typical day on the job for our protagonist.

The one-shot did a good enough job of setting up the characters and world within its pages to draw people in. Time spent scaring the audience or whooing them with romance promises of romance is just diminishing returns.