Forum › Worst Goddess in the World discussion

joined Aug 11, 2014

"I'll never forgive you, but I will release you from this" is a really great line, because it's magnanimous, self-serving, and rueful all at once. First and foremost Shino's saving herself, both from the immediate attack and the threat of revived trauma that she had only just begun to escape. She's also saving her former bully, and not just from Hana's blackmail. She can't forgive the bullying, but Shino still offers her a measure of closure over any unresolved guilt she might have been feeling, and shows that she understands it was ultimately Hana's fault. She's offering the bully a chance to move on with her life and put all this behind her once and for all.

Looking back on it after finishing the story, there's also a sense that when Shino says that she'll release the bully from "this", she doesn't just mean the blackmail; "this" is the entire grimy, tangled abyss that Hana dragged all of them down into with her. Shino can't free herself from Hana, but she can free someone else, and by doing so she can perhaps vicariously experience a glimpse of the freedom and mercy that will ultimately escape her.

Clover0Project
Xxx
joined Nov 25, 2016

Interesting. I dig anything dark like this. And beautiful art...

1eafaf94d436491c31016c4e6ce47819
joined May 16, 2012

hmm do I get this right, does the bullied girl the first one who bullied the blonde one? until she doesn't want to go to school, then the dark hair girl approach her, but then later on the blonde girl did the same to her plotting all those things to secluded her.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

hmm do I get this right, does the bullied girl the first one who bullied the blonde one? until she doesn't want to go to school, then the dark hair girl approach her, but then later on the blonde girl did the same to her plotting all those things to secluded her.

Basically the bullied girl (dark hair) was bullied because the blonde girl was blackmailing the bullies into bullying dark hair girl. With dark hair girl socially isolated and upset, blonde girl swoops in like a magical love goddess to heal all wounds. Now that adult dark-haired girl was becoming more liberated and free, blonde finds bullies again and asks them to tear into old wounds so that dark-hair girl goes back to being secluded and all hers against. However, dark hair girl finds out and reveals the whole thing, releasing the blackmailed bullies from blonde's control, and telling off blonde girl. However, she's basically got stockholm syndrome so I doesn't matter.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I can't get over how unique & beautiful this art style is.

joined Apr 17, 2017

The flow of the story felt a bit odd but the art style makes the atmosphere work. Gorgeous.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Really interesting story in my opinion though. Made me surprised with parts

last edited at May 28, 2017 3:00PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Meh uninteresting af.

joined Jul 23, 2017

The fck is woth that ending iwant them to be happy

__minamoto_chikaru_strawberry_panic_drawn_by_takashina_asahi__abe92d9e0ddce264552d5caa2b8929cc
joined May 13, 2018

Basically the bullied girl (dark hair) was bullied because the blonde girl was blackmailing the bullies into bullying dark hair girl. With dark hair girl socially isolated and upset, blonde girl swoops in like a magical love goddess to heal all wounds. Now that adult dark-haired girl was becoming more liberated and free, blonde finds bullies again and asks them to tear into old wounds so that dark-hair girl goes back to being secluded and all hers against. However, dark hair girl finds out and reveals the whole thing, releasing the blackmailed bullies from blonde's control, and telling off blonde girl. However, she's basically got stockholm syndrome so I doesn't matter.

Thank you for this. I was confused asf.
That ending....wasn't emo dark, but it sure was a tad eery.

joined Aug 23, 2018

I don't get the happy ending vibes that some get with this one. I think it's a pretty bleak ending, Dark haired bullied girl finds out all her problems and years of heartbreak is down to the girl she thought was a friend and lover. But as the person said above me she's got stockhom syndrome, she's pretty much in the hand's of the bad guy and know's her whole life is dependent on her. If this was a Black Mirror episode it would have been such a gut punching ending. blondie doesn't get punished for her misdeeds and only get's her girl cause the said girl has become so depended on her. Really sad.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

[...] I realized I got played, she's manipulating me into doing what she wanted. I can't live that anymore. So I shut her out and told her that I don't want anything to do with her anymore. So if you're gonna have a relationship with someone who's mentally unstable, be careful. It's not that easy.

^ This.

I once dated a closeted girl who was diagnosed with a string of stuff that I will not mention (because I'm lazy). I thought I knew what I was getting into. And I did but I didn't realize how bad it could get.
Things were going well until they didn't. My grades turned to sh!t and I lost focus.
Simple things like staying on the phone a few minutes longer turned into all nighters after a few months. Waiting a few extra minutes (cause she was late) turned to hours or even her not popping up because her relatives were suspecting us. Taking advantage of the fact that she's diagnosed with stuff to put-off proper communication. Things were starting to turn real toxic when I broke down and decided to end things.

For anyone who is interested in Yan Take a word of advice:
Never date a yan unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're getting into. And even then you have to make sure you're prepared (that includes being patient with your partner and knowing how not to get manipulated by them)

joined Apr 24, 2015

I really love this story. It's generic but does the yandere trope well. I really wish there was a sequel telling how their relationship went.

Did it get better or worse over time? By that I mean was shino eventually able to break through to hana and make her reflect on her actions and change? Does shino tug at hana's heart and question her love for her. Or did hana unintentionally become abusive due to shino ignoring her constantly? Like shino knows she doesn't have the will power to leave hana but so she decides to not interact with her unless absolutely necessary. And given hana's personality I could see her giving shino a little space but over time the dark side she kept bottled up came out but in ways hana didn't even expect.

Basically more variety with how yandere are presented like how the first story did.

A sequel to this would be great.

Though I really hope hana doesn't have a sad backstory. Some crazy people are really just crazy. There are plenty of scenarios where a person can be seen a certain way by their family and friends and their disgusting actions are seen as uncharacteristic from their family and friends perspective.

last edited at Jan 15, 2021 12:35PM

joined Apr 24, 2015

I love hana's perspective on how she views shino. She thinks shino is some amazing goddess and loves her because of that. When in reality shino is only a goddess to her because she loved her from the start.

She's confused herself.

Like hana's immediate desire/motivation to go to school, not miss a day and do anything in life was simply because she wanted to see the girl she liked. We may not know hana's past but clearly whatever in her life that could've been a motivator for her to do better didn't work. Only that minute act of kindness from shino did.

And the fact that she says she didn't miss a day tells me there were days where she wanted to relapse but her love for shino kept her going. Shino is what tv tropes calls hana's living emotional crutch.

I believe hana loves shino genuinely, I believe she's crazy, I love that she doesn't care what she has to do to make shino hers because she lives up to what a yandere is.

joined Dec 11, 2021

So it was good or bad ending?

joined Apr 24, 2015

So it was good or bad ending?

Bad ending. Unless shino can change hana's mind she's screwed.

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Ahh my god I clicked the link after reading some really yuri thought it's going to be the same, turns out this is darker

Lisa Bouzane
Unknown
joined May 29, 2022

Id really like to see this continued, I think a dynamic of two people so dependent on the other they'd try and isolate them is a really interesting concept.

To reply you must either login or sign up.