joined Mar 23, 2014

Jin + NozoEri? The best way to start my day before class :D

joined Apr 9, 2014

J I N!!! omg yes

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

this was so cute :D

joined Nov 24, 2014

nobody can escape love live! Takemiya Jin!

joined Mar 29, 2014

OMG - <3

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, that was wonderful! More from Takemiya Jin please.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

If I like yuri but I don't care for idols, should I watch Love Live? Please watch over me warmly :(

joined Jul 5, 2014

If I like yuri but I don't care for idols, should I watch Love Live? Please watch over me warmly :(

If you only 'don't care for them' and not 'hate them', then yes it's worth watching.
Either way, if you like them or not it's still worth watching. The characters are great, the animation is great, and the music is great.
It'll also give you better context on the actual pairings. (I'd love to get into Touhou, but I suck at the franchise and don't know where to start :()

Check it out.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Personally, I don't like idols and I didn't found it bad, I watched it kinda like a sport manga with more school life. It's not like other idol anime in which the character are fulltime idol, it's a club activity in their school life.

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 4:26PM

joined Nov 11, 2010

This was kinda just, awesome. Loved Nozomi's perspective on confessions in girls' schools.

Maybe a taaad bit short considering Eli didn't explicitly reciprocate. I don't mind if Jin sticks with original work, but it'd be really interesting to see further doujinshi/derivative stuff.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Jin + LL! = Awesome. I liked the little extras too in her attempts to shove everyone in. I hope she does more because this was great.

(I'd love to get into Touhou, but I suck at the franchise and don't know where to start :()

How I got into Touhou, was just picking up a random doujin and start reading it and then going on any Touhou wiki and read up on the characters. You can start by reading up on the more popular characters (a quick look at the pairing tags should tell you which ones to look at). Then, as I sifted through the various doujins, if someone shows up and I didn't know who it was, I would just look them up. I personally don't think you really need a lot of background for Touhou because I feel a lot of it is fan created and you don't really need to know the games to like the fan work. After a couple of doujins, you get the feel of the characters' personalities pretty quick and a lot of the inside jokes from the fandom. I don't know if it's the right way to get into it, but that's how I enjoy it :)

joined Aug 11, 2014

Ahaha, I was just thinking that Love Live seemed uncharacteristically fluffy for Takemiya, and sure enough, she says she hadn't been watching until the middle of season two. That she'd have that kind of start, and end up getting into it enough to write a direct yet restrained story like this... Sounds about right, somehow.

It'll also give you better context on the actual pairings. (I'd love to get into Touhou, but I suck at the franchise and don't know where to start :()

I also felt like this, interested in the stories but reluctant to dive in without seeing the source material, but having since played several of the games, I can promise you 100% that they are of no help whatsoever. It's basically like the entire Star Wars expanded universe wasn't based on a series of movies, but on the dancing minigame in Star Wars Kinect. You won't get any kind of foothold whatsoever.

Honestly, if you want a fun and easy place to begin, go find the Reimu x Marisa tag, and just start reading stuff. They're pretty much the main playable characters of the series, so they're pretty straightforward and involved with most of the cast, and if someone else seems interesting, you can go read some stuff about them, too.

The wiki is pretty good for finding more comprehensive details about characters or events, but for the most part, if you just roll with it and pick things up as you go, you'll quickly get a sense for things. There's not really any meaningful continuity or linear timelines between events, so just go for it.

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 2:34PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I do find the Canon stuff is a good place to start, using Chikaon's method. Silent Sinner In Blue gives you Marisa and Reimu, Yukari and Ran, the SDM characters and a glimpse of Kaguya and Eirin. Those are pretty much the most common characters you'll run into in doujins in general so once you have the basics of them it's easy to branch out and get to know the rest.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Jin + LL! = Awesome. I liked the little extras too in her attempts to shove everyone in. I hope she does more because this was great.

She actually said last night on Twitter that she wants to release two books at Winter Comiket, an original story and probably a Love Live book as well. (Although she doesn't know whether she'll actually be able to do that yet.)

Crosses fingers!

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 2:36PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

She actually said last night on Twitter that she wants to release two books at Winter Comiket, an original story and probably a Love Live book as well. (Although she doesn't know whether she'll actually be able to do that yet.)

Crosses fingers!

Ahhhh! Thanks for the info!

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Cute story although the LL girls look kind of weird on Jin's style. Still, an excellent change of pace from her dramas.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

release post link is incorrect.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

release post link is incorrect.

Fixed, thanks for the tip.

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

Hnnnngh! Freaking love Jin<3

joined Apr 14, 2013

Takemiya Jin never fails :D

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Honestly, I nevery really cared idols either but I found that I really love Love Live and actually got really into the story and the determination of the characters. All of them are extremely likelable give or take one who has an indefinite personlaity for the majority of the franchise, but who knows you make still except her yet. The lack of male characters in comic gold. And the subtext us overwhelming. I'd say it's worth the 20 mins to watch the first episode.

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 7:38PM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Don't listen to ari-chan. All the girls are best girl. You should love all of μ's!

Love Live! is as much about being an idol as K-ON! is about being in a band. It's very school comedy/slice of life-ish for the most part. If that's your thing, definitely give it a try.

Season 2 is absolutely miles better than Season 1 though, and I loved the first season. Season 2 just hits it out of the park.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Nozomi drawn in Takemiya Jin's style makes me laugh.

To reply you must either login or sign up.