Forum › Otherside Picnic discussion

joined Nov 27, 2016

Hey I think there was a small mistake in chp 7, the last two pages of chp 6 are also at the end of chp 7

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hey I think there was a small mistake in chp 7, the last two pages of chp 6 are also at the end of chp 7

Thank you kindly! Fixed.

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Thank you for uploading this!!!!
I kinda disappointed about the psych scene in anime, it lack horror

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

can't believe i've never seen this here before

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

is it just me or does anyone like the fact that the reason toriko trusts sorawo is to point out how she basically said sarawo's not a snitch

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

The US military naming a vehicle after Dungeons & Dragons would honestly not surprise me in the least.

joined Mar 31, 2013

Ah jeez, I just got jump scared by a manga

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Ah jeez, I just got jump scared by a manga

Same.

At first I thought it was a floating severed head.

Funny%20and%20cute
joined Jul 15, 2020

Welp, someone call the SCP Foundation. Although it would be impossible to contain the "otherworld". This thing about another dimension always makes me think of Silent Hill...

Whatsapp%20image%202019-04-25%20at%2010.16.22%20pm%20(1)
joined Jan 4, 2018

Omg I love this kind of story!

Screen%20shot%202020-10-06%20at%203.36.22%20pm
joined Jun 18, 2020

So I read the manga before the anime and I just saw the first episode, didn’t expect the monster to look like that idk. However it was still good, I think I like the manga better. Haven’t read the LN as yet. Anyways love MY GIRLS toriko and sorawo they’re adorable

the LN is better for both yuri quantity and creepyness

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Holy f********* at pg14, it's currently 2AM and I was preparing to go to sleep with the lights off but I have to flip the page even with Sorawo's reaction in pg13. smh

Unknown-4
joined Sep 6, 2020

An AK with 5.56x39mm NATO
Mikhail Kalashnikov Doesn't Approve

joined Jul 10, 2011

Just binged the whole thing. Love this!!!
Does someone here have an idea how can I show support to the authors?

joined Jan 21, 2015

The easiest way would be to buy the English novel volumes; the manga is also licensed, but the first volume won't be out before August if the Square Enix website is to be believed.

You can buy the novels digitally on Amazon, iTunes, Nook, Kobo and BookWalker (four volumes are out), or the paperback omnibus edition (volume 1 is out).

If you really want the manga, you can buy the digital Japanese volumes on BookWalker by pasting 裏世界ピクニック into the search bar, adding to cart and changing the language to English for easier checkout.

joined Oct 20, 2020

It appears the chapter 3, and only chapter 3, is tagged as "horror." Not sure whether that tag should be applied to the entire manga, but it's not uniquely applicable to chapter three.

joined Jul 10, 2011

The easiest way would be to buy the English novel volumes; the manga is also licensed, but the first volume won't be out before August if the Square Enix website is to be believed.

You can buy the novels digitally on Amazon, iTunes, Nook, Kobo and BookWalker (four volumes are out), or the paperback omnibus edition (volume 1 is out).

If you really want the manga, you can buy the digital Japanese volumes on BookWalker by pasting 裏世界ピクニック into the search bar, adding to cart and changing the language to English for easier checkout.

Thanks! I think I’ll wait till the manga’s out then.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Renko and Maribel with guns.
Yukari & Okina beware.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Started reading because the title reminded me of Roadside Picnic and... this is just an awkward knock-off.

There are certainly some fairly obvious similarities to Roadside Picnic (which I recommend reading, by the way) - and one story point (the bolt tossing) that's lifted so directly I'm going to assume it's a deliberate homage - but overall I think this manga is going in quite a different direction, given all the emphasis on Japanese ghost stories and urban myths, and the questions about the protagonists' differing perceptions of reality.

On which topic, here's an interesting tidbit: When our heroines are in between worlds, the writing on the signs goes all weird. That may look like Japanese to the uninitiated, but in fact all of those characters are just... wrong. A translation note to that effect wouldn't go amiss, actually.

Or maybe something like this:

Though that's not an exact equivalent, just a quick-n-dirty attempt at creating a similar effect (for English speakers) by mixing a bunch of pre-existing symbols from various alphabets. Doing it properly would be quite a task. And now that I think about it, you'd have to change all the real Japanese signs into English too, for consistency. Oh, well, it seemed like a good idea when I stayed up late last night to make it...

joined Jan 21, 2015

^ Good job on changing that sign! That does give an idea of how it'd look for English speakers.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Honestly, to me it kinda looks like Russian (as a person who doesn't know Russian). I can read Hiragana and Katakana and the elevator buttons were just some of the characters mixed with other characters so good job at replicating the author's vibe in English

Xdff
joined Jul 16, 2017

Renko and Maribel exploring the STALKER's Zone while fighting SCPs is now my favorite manga

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I just realised something. The sign at Kisaragi Station is perfectly legible, which means... what? If it looks like Japanese to us, is it really something... else?

last edited at Jan 13, 2021 4:55PM

joined Jan 13, 2021

I have nightmares of Hasshaku-sama. It's all that po-po-po thing.

last edited at Jan 13, 2021 7:45PM

Smirk_small
Bewitched
joined Dec 31, 2020

I have nightmares of Hasshaku-sama. It's all that po-po-po thing.

Allow me to alleviate your nightmares.

To reply you must either login or sign up.