Forum › A Handsome Tanned Girlfriend Who's Easy to Please discussion

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

And the bad consequences demonstrated in the story (as opposed to readers who feel "this is is bad') are what, exactly?

The fact that you think bad consequences need to be already happening in order for something to be bad is pretty concerning. You're dodging, and it's very obvious.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Well, I wanted to post but you guys are really into this.

We're going completely away from the topic of the manga, again. Meta discussions have their place, but this one is not only rote, it's going in circles at this point. Every relevant point on this topic appears to have been made. Please, let's agree to disagree and move on.

Edit: In the future, I think it's important to remember that not every point made demands a rebuttal. There is often more value in reading and digesting opposing views rather than picking them apart in an effort to "win" a given argument.

Further posts on body dysmorphia, the split between fiction/reality, and really anything else, are welcome in the Cafe.

last edited at Jan 6, 2021 11:01AM

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Why is clothes sniffing so blessed? It feels like it should be weird but it’s always so endearing every time it shows up in a manga. I need more of it in this life.

Because it's not weird at all, manga and anime just attempt to frame it that way. Scent is a huge part of human intimacy, not automatically a fetish. It only becomes fetish-level once it becomes (like anything else) obsessive and intrusive.

Huh. I guess you’re right. Thanks, this perspective is actually really helpful!

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Blastaar posted:

I know there have been at least three or four other “reluctant prince” stories on Dynasty, but I have not the brainpower at the moment to recall which ones they are.

From top of my head:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_yuri_elegy_syndrome_ch04#1
https://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/amai_nisemono
both ends with conclusion that forcing yourself to meet expectations of others and behaving in ways unnatural for you is unhealthy though.

I agree that people shouldn't change to please others, especially to match their crushes (feelings, especially for teenagers, are so flimsy after all). As for realistic, nobody wants their story to be 100% realistic. When people say realistic, what they actually mean is believable. Making completely realistic story is just impossible, especially when you want to write sci-fi, fantasy etc. What you want is for your story to be believable, so it won't ruin readers suspension of disbelief.

And that's my 2 cents. I don't really want to start new discussion. Peko, don't kill me.

last edited at Jan 8, 2021 11:32AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Clever girl...

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

They should have a Horror Movie tag or something similar.

last edited at Jan 8, 2021 2:45PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Seems pretty niche of a niche. Is there a plethora of series chapters or doujins that would warrant an entire tag devoted to this? Or even more important, how many people would actually be looking for this tag, and how much relevance does it have in identifying a work? If you look at the "Tags" page under the Directory, there's a comparatively few amount of tags that this site uses. You'd need to demonstrate some pretty strong supply AND demand for a brand new one.

last edited at Jan 8, 2021 4:05PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Hope she doesn't make this face on Twitch

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Seems pretty niche of a niche. Is there a plethora of series chapters or doujins that would warrant an entire tag devoted to this? Or even more important, how many people would actually be looking for this tag, and how much relevance does it have in identifying a work? If you look at the "Tags" page under the Directory, there's a comparatively few amount of tags that this site uses. You'd need to demonstrate some pretty strong supply AND demand for a brand new one.

Okay, fine. Jeez.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Okay, fine. Jeez.

Hey, I'm not saying it's impossible. If you think it needs to be a tag, feel free to recommend it. I think the correct thread is this one now.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

I, for one, simply enjoy reading a cute manga about a hot girl and her girlfriend.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Girl, you whipped!

I love these two.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Shaved necks are indeed a blessing.^^

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Mmm yeah, rub that undercut...

Cdc4f8204600edbf52fb0f34f39b246a~2
joined Jun 27, 2018

Poink

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Listen to god.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I was like "DO IT!"

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

It really do be like that tho.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

She still won't understand that she (the tomboy) will not be the prince in the relationship.

Trappista_cheese_original%20(1)
joined Apr 10, 2020

She still won't understand that she (the tomboy) will not be the prince in the relationship.

I will take that as sarcasm

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

All indications shows that she is the bottom

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

All indications shows that she is the bottom

She's a pillow prince.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Why did Cyan stop doing this? (also, this chapter needs to be on mdex, too)

To reply you must either login or sign up.