Forum › A Monster Wants to Eat Me discussion

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

I’m curious that rather than the actual ideal taste of her victim, what she’s vying for, rather, is the resulting reactions a human that struggled and found hope to live only to have it ripped apart once again in front of her.

I imagine what she’s actually waiting for is Hinako to struggle and fight helplessly to live as she wants to see Hinako’s despair return to her eyes once again after finally finding a reason to live. If she’s truly as cruel as she’s being made out to be, it must be that Shiori wants to torture Hinako by leading her to a false and brief hope that she’ll end up destroying herself to see the hope fade from Hinako’s eyes as Shiori kills her.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Tbh I hope this turns into a cute love story

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

What if it's Shiori the one that will end up eaten? Isn't there a Japanese folk belief that eating mermaid flesh would grant you immortality or some other divine benefit like that?

Speaking of mermaid takoyaki, this is how I initially misread the last panel on this page:

I'll live with a smile no matter what kind of hellish seafood I have to endure.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

What if it's Shiori the one that will end up eaten? Isn't there a Japanese folk belief that eating mermaid flesh would grant you immortality or some other divine benefit like that?

Speaking of mermaid takoyaki, this is how I initially misread the last panel on this page:

I'll live with a smile no matter what kind of hellish seafood I have to endure.

There's a series called Mermaid Scar. Let's just say be careful what you wish for...

joined Mar 2, 2020

Reminds me of tahm kench lore

Did she really just tell her to live a happy and fun life..just so that she can kill her ?__?

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

The deeper we go, the more unnerving this setting becomes. With no reference to the author's other work, it feels like a coinflip as to where it is going.

11143587_983945991615710_6019435042284427906_n
joined Jan 29, 2015

Why is it that it doesnt sound scary or dark whenever she mention eating hinako, like "eating each and every pary of you" ha ha lmao.

Images
joined Jun 11, 2020

There she is! Mega misunderstanding time let's gooooooo

joined Oct 10, 2016

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER

A good moment to end this and bam. Sighhhhh

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Why is it that it doesnt sound scary or dark whenever she mention eating hinako, like "eating each and every pary of you" ha ha lmao.

Because our minds are in the gutter

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Yes of course, Hinako needs her fingers intact for fingerbang fun time.
lulz

joined Jun 12, 2019

Depressing

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Does anyone really think that rotting things taste the most delicious... I suppose it's different for a mermaid though. Also, I never knew that gourmet could be used to describe a person, so that's interesting.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Does anyone really think that rotting things taste the most delicious... I suppose it's different for a mermaid though. Also, I never knew that gourmet could be used to describe a person, so that's interesting.

People in Iceland think rotting shark tastes the most delicious, so there's one example.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Does anyone really think that rotting things taste the most delicious

Cheese. Yogurt. Wine. We call it "fermenting" but it's decomposition by bacteria or fungi.

Blue cheese has bacteria and mold. Yum!

last edited at Jan 5, 2021 2:38AM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Then there's Nattō and Tofu, all by products of soybeans.

last edited at Jan 7, 2021 8:18AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Tofu is coagulated, not fermented/rotted. Natto does qualify (bacterial), as does kombucha (which is another yeast + bacteria tag team.)

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER

A good moment to end this and bam. Sighhhhh

It's Miko-chan from chapter #3, she'd invited her to the festival but was declined, so she'll be shocked to see her there eh? Especially with 'that girl'.

Whale blubber is usually eaten raw by the Inuit (Canada and Russia's high north people, mostly) and also when rotten. It's supposed to be really amazingly delicious, once you get over the texture... and good for you too.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Damn...when she finally no longer wants to die, that's when she's going to kill her, huh...

joined Nov 17, 2020

Hmm! The plot thickens!

joined Apr 10, 2020

miko is hot. I hope she's really just protecting hinako since day 1 and no other malicious intent

joined Oct 10, 2016

Well seems Miko is secretly some kind of monster hunter. But we'll see if Vol 2 ever comes out.

Cuz I don't think Miko is second monster here.

last edited at Feb 2, 2021 8:42AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well seems Miko is secretly some kind of monster hunter.

The prayer beads certainly seem to indicate that. Especially considering Shiori wondering how she hasn't been harmed up to now.

last edited at Feb 2, 2021 9:03AM

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

Beads and her name is literary Miko. They are lying "hints" pretty thick. We can assume that frequent absences from school = beat a monster, got fucked up.

To reply you must either login or sign up.