Forum › The Demon Girl Next Door discussion

joined Apr 1, 2019

Now I am regret laughing every time Metako said "The time hath come". He was too late to warn Momo about Suika and got lobotomized and the words he could only say was "The time hath come".

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

^ Yeah, that was a real "Hodor" moment.

Acreepshowavatar
joined Oct 20, 2017

Ohai Cerberus Syndrome.

Geez, I kinda figured Suika was going to turn out to be a villain; but I figured she'd just be sealing people away.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Gods damn, it gets dark. Young Momo was tricked into facilitating a fking genocide of the very people she's entrusted to protect; Uriel, a Light clan familiar, was enslaved, and then most likely silenced via death; Metako was lobotomized to the point of only capable of saying his last comprehensible sentence over and over, and the bitch responsible to all this was spared by Young Momo's soft heart, and poised to return. Ito-sensei is really breaking the mold of typical 4-koma right here, on a Kirara's series no less.

joined Sep 19, 2015

Boy, thinking back to the rest of the series, Momo's fanaticism for strength training really hits different.

It's not an over-the-top hobby, it's concrete fear for Shamiko's life.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

I wonder if this was just a transitional thing, or if Suika's permanently associated with shadows now. Cause if so, maybe ~Shadow Mistress Yuuko~ can do something about her. I mean, her full title seems completely irrelevant and you know that means around here.

This 4-koma plotline seriously has no business being this interesting.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

What the fuck? This manga went from 1 to 100.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

What the fuck? This manga went from 1 to 100.

More like 40 to 100.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Wow....that took a turn to the darker side. I know that there's been this dark tension just beneath the surface of this cute and funny story....but to have it pop up in your face. So very nice!

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Happy New Year! Yay updates...

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

So Momo's a magical girl, a fit lesbian and a Russian supersoldier? If it wasn't for the crippling PTSD, I'd be almost jealous of all the cool tropes she gets to have.

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

^
Actually, from what I've heard from others, she's speaking Ukrainian in those panels not Russian.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

^ I'm aware, but I assumed that the organization that made her a supersoldier and experimented on her was probably a Russian one operating in Ukraine, since the 'Russian supersoldier' is a pretty popular trope and it would make very little sense for Ukraine to have an independent mahou shoujo child soldier manufacturing program (unless Izumo's universe features secret bases in every country that perform clandestine operations to abduct and/or raise young magical girls).

joined Jul 22, 2014

Bloody Russians they always end up causing trouble somehow!!

last edited at Jan 1, 2021 12:24AM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

For a rom com this series has crazy deep lore.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

I was not expecting Soviet experiment Momo... Is this actually a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fanfic?

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

This is the best thing Kirara ever published.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

блят

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

Momo's belly: exists
Shamiko: it's free real estate

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Still more past secrets to explore.

joined Sep 13, 2018

so the manga finally shows his true colors.

I was thinking shamiko situation was sad from the very start of the manga , like hiding something dark in this fluffy and cute manga. She was in a hospital most of her life , some of the first jokes about her not understanding basic stuff not because she's an idiot but because she was in that place without too much contact with the outside world. I was thinking she was just a little weak but the wig part , the image of her filled with cables and the only moment she could get out in middle school almost collapsing breaked my heart a little.

Now we have momo tragic past showing up , i knew it was gonna be revealed the thing about her scars but the modified past got everyone by surprise , i didnt expect it to be that dark.

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

I still feel bad for Shamiko. Aside her sad past, she has to bear a lot of secrets. Also, there are times that she's like outside of the group (prolly bcoz of the secrets stacking up). It's not even her pain to bear to begin with, although yeah that what she have chosen. Hope she gets stronger though :)

last edited at Jan 23, 2021 9:37AM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I noticed that the Dad Box has some strange writing on the side (by "strange", I mean it's not Japanese). Turns out it's the Hebrew word for "treasure." Probably just a throwaway reference, but who knows.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Aww shamiko wanting to bridal carry Momo is adorable, ganbare.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Can anyone read what Shamiko crossed out on her survey where she wrote "powerful enough to lift up my s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ nemesis who weighs around 57 kg?"

To reply you must either login or sign up.