Forum › The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This discussion

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hot damn Ataru, take it easy on the simping.

joined Jan 5, 2020

Can we just throw that word right back into the nasty dumpster fire that birthed it? It doesn’t really have any place on this site.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Sakuma is loved after all.

Birthday sex, Wanko. It's a thing.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Can we just throw that word right back into the nasty dumpster fire that birthed it? It doesn’t really have any place on this site.

Fortunately, you don't get to decide that.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Fortunately, you don't get to decide that.

It was a request, not a demand. And it’s a request I am more than happy to oblige. Every time I see it used, it’s to denigrate someone who showed some decency. “One character showed another character some respect? What a simp!” Yeah, no. I’ll pass on that.

Getting back to the subject at hand, Ataru is driving a Subaru 360. Those are very rare on the road any more. Made from 1958 to 1971. It was Subaru’s first car. It used a 356cc two-stroke twin-cylinder engine and could almost get up to 60 mph. Ataru must be some sort of car otaku to be driving one of those. It makes me like her even more.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Every time I see it used, it’s to denigrate someone who showed some decency. “One character showed another character some respect? What a simp!” Yeah, no. I’ll pass on that.

I've never seen it used in that way. Are you sure it actually is, or are you assuming that's how people are using it? It isn't an appropriate word for remembering a friend's birthday and choosing to celebrate it with them, that's for sure. Attempting to frame Ataru's kindness as simping is ludicrous given the situation, but if certain people want to embarrass themselves by using it incorrectly, I have no problem with letting them look stupid.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Every time I see it used, it’s to denigrate someone who showed some decency. “One character showed another character some respect? What a simp!” Yeah, no. I’ll pass on that.

I've never seen it used in that way. Are you sure it actually is, or are you assuming that's how people are using it? It isn't an appropriate word for remembering a friend's birthday and choosing to celebrate it with them, that's for sure. Attempting to frame Ataru's kindness as simping is ludicrous given the situation, but if certain people want to embarrass themselves by using it incorrectly, I have no problem with letting them look stupid.

didn´t know there was a correct way of using memes lol, btw you guys look way dumber, taking a meme seriously, but again we´re on the dynasty forums so what can i expect tbh

last edited at Dec 22, 2020 4:12AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Agreed.

I'm tired of 'Karen' too. We can all out white entitlement without making everyone named "Karen" feel bad.

Hino1
joined Nov 17, 2018

ataru is so handsome

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

Yayy everything's okay! :D

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Agreed.

I'm tired of 'Karen' too. We can all out white entitlement without making everyone named "Karen" feel bad.

What an amazingly Karen thing to say.

Have surprise birthday parties ever not been a terrible idea, both in fiction and real life?

last edited at Dec 27, 2020 12:40PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Seconded. Or thirded, I guess.

^ This! Any time I see this word, I mentally classify its user somewhere below insects on the hierarchy of living things and discount anything else they might say. I mean, you're welcome to continue using it; just be aware of the impression it makes when you do so.

As far as story, I'm more impressed that Wanko got dressed in nothing but a ribbon with her co-workers present. She really has so little self-awareness.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Agreed.

What an amazingly Karen thing to say

It's a Karen thing to care about people's feelings?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

What I want to know is: would these people fight to get rid of all uses of names in place of behaviors, or just the name Karen? Do they think there's something inherently wrong with calling a man who uses the service of a prostitute a "John"? Do they think all Johns in the world are somehow harmed by people calling them this? Do incels calling women "Stacies" somehow harm people with the name Stacy? I think it's more useful to simply choose not to use the words yourself and let those who choose to use them highlight something about themselves. You're definitely not going to get anyone to ban a word unless it's some sort of actual slur against an innate quality.

joined Jul 26, 2016

...even I think this convo is amazingly off-topic, just sayin'. :|

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, I think it’s wacko, which reminds me of Wanko, who’s an absolute cutie.

There we go—back on topic.

joined Dec 5, 2019

Well, she would need someone to close her inside the bpx I guess.

Also, surprise parties, I shall never again have one of those

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

For a moment I thought Wanko was naked inside the box

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

For a moment I thought Wanko was naked inside the box

Scratch that, it turns out she was and I wasn't just mis-seeing things, that must have been an awkward request to give to her coworkers

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Eheheh If no ones celebrates your birthday then they cant make any surprise parties haha ....

joined Mar 19, 2020

Seeing sakuma fall hurt my heart. I’m so glad wanko fixed that.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

that must have been an awkward request to give to her coworkers

Wanko doesn’t seem that self-conscious. I’m guessing she didn’t hesitate to ask for their help.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

random posted:

Agreed on that, so let's end this tangent here. Doesn't seem like any productive conversation could come from it anyways.

joined Jan 14, 2020

To answer the questions: I've never heard of "Stacy" and incel slang would get no sympathy from me.

"john" feels more like an established synonym, but if someone named John complained I would try to use other terms, it's not hard. I don't think I use it much anyway.

I have non-white friends named Karen who have said they find the new slang hurtful. They don't like seeing their name turned into a term of opprobrium, oddly enough. So I'm not just making up a problem.

Okay, I'm done with the tangent

To reply you must either login or sign up.