Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Extremely happy that we finally got some development.

I confess I was starting to have my doubts about this series but this chapter ended on a very uplifting note.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

THE DERE BEGIIIIINS!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And looks like, knowing her own personality, Claire simply didn't believe Rei would actually love her. Her resistance is starting to break down now, though, and looks like she's starting to fall for her as well. :D

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

That was a nice chapter. =w=

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Where's the "IT'S HAPPENING!" GIF? Such a cute chapter, even if Rei was being a perv.

Was Rei using chopsticks, while everyone else was using silverware?

joined Jun 30, 2015

The spaghetti is getting done I see

Download
joined Mar 28, 2019

I wish I can read the Extra First night! But it has a password!! Can someone please tell some of us?

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Yes

joined Feb 21, 2019

I wish I can read the Extra First night! But it has a password!! Can someone please tell some of us?

YES PLS!!!

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

They are going to make a lovely, yet exciting, couple.

joined Dec 12, 2020

Why did they change the line at the last part
Please like me.
Would've been more sad

joined Feb 21, 2019

Please like me.
Would've been more sad

Ikr. I was really disappointed

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

POG

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

Please like me.
Would've been more sad

Ikr. I was really disappointed

WTF THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZING. I haven't read the light novel but that sounds incredible.

Also does anyone know how to reach the scantalations? The discord link isnt working

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Please like me.
Would've been more sad

Oh wow, I completely missed this change. After checking things, the webnovel's translation and the Italian manga translation went with "Please like/love me". However, the official English light novel translation has it as "Do whatever you want".

The original webnovel has the line as 好きになさいな, so assuming it's the same in the manga (and judging by the Italian translation, it is) then "Please like/love me" is probably more accurate after all. I'm not sure why the official English light novel changed that so drastically, unless that was specifically changed in the Japanese light novel version as well.

Nevermind, apparently the webnovel translation and the Italian translation were wrong

last edited at Dec 17, 2020 4:45PM

joined Dec 13, 2019

Please like me.
Would've been more sad

Oh wow, I completely missed this change. After checking things, the webnovel's translation and the Italian manga translation went with "Please like/love me". However, the official English light novel translation has it as "Do whatever you want".

The original webnovel has the line as 好きになさいな, so assuming it's the same in the manga (and judging by the Italian translation, it is) then "Please like/love me" is probably more accurate after all. I'm not sure why the official English light novel changed that so drastically, unless that was specifically changed in the Japanese light novel version as well.

好きになさいな in Japanese very clearly means "Do as you like/do what you want/suit yourself" etc. It definitely does not mean 'please like me' (I don't even know how you'd get that). I don't know why you would assume the amateur web novel translation is correct over the light novel translation.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Now that that's all settled...how about that bath scene?!! Huehuehuehue!!

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

So I came in this fandom randomly after finding this manga on Mangago and really liked it. Then it took forever to update so I got impatient and went and read the LN. Now this is easily my favorite story in the yuri genre, let alone the isekai genre. I can't recommend this enough to anyone interested. Rei x Claire forever

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Rub a dub dub...

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

It's great and lewd. I've said this before, but I really like Aono Shimo's art. Speaking of which, here's the cover of the first volume! https://twitter.com/aonoesu/status/1339404999688736770. This chapter's a good stopping point for the first volume in my opinion, especially since the next chapter ends on a cliffhanger

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

I must say though, as villains Claire and her cohorts are about as threatening as Team Rocket (the anime one).

last edited at Dec 18, 2020 2:44PM

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Oh? Oh???? Ohhhhhh????????????

THE DERE BEGINS

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Please like me.
Would've been more sad

好きになさいな in Japanese very clearly means "Do as you like/do what you want/suit yourself" etc. It definitely does not mean 'please like me' (I don't even know how you'd get that). I don't know why you would assume the amateur web novel translation is correct over the light novel translation.

I also read "Do as you please" when I read 好きになさいな. I'm wondering if people just see 好き and associate that with "like"? Or are people just throwing that into google translate?

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

I must say though, as villains Claire and her cohorts are about as threatening as Team Rocket (the anime one).

Lmao! They really are just non-threatening school bullies(?) But honestly, that's part of what makes Claire so cute

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Lmao! They really are just non-threatening school bullies(?) But honestly, that's part of what makes Claire so cute

I mean, Rei quite literally points this out herself already in the first chapter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.