joined Feb 21, 2019

This is good shit

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

The art reminds me a lot of Shuninta.
Looking forward to this one, am in!

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

The armies are arrayed. Time to commit to battle!

joined Dec 1, 2016

this looks promising ahhhhh

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

The logical solution here is obviously a foursome. <:D

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

I like everything with adult life, generally speaking.
I was wondering where it was going but the end of the chapter got me. Hype train here I come, might be really interesting.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

Someone linked to this information from a recent "recent releases" thread on /u/ regarding volume 2 of this manga:
https://yuki.la/u/3095393#p3276637

Don't know how accurate the info is (some of it could still be a misunderstanding between protags until more chapters are released that clarify for example) but I'd be wary of it at the very least, seems Yuni went to the Kodama Naoko school of "yuri" bullshittery if it is true though.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Someone linked to this information from a recent "recent releases" thread on /u/ regarding volume 2 of this manga:
https://yuki.la/u/3095393#p3276637

Don't know how accurate the info is (some of it could still be a misunderstanding between protags until more chapters are released that clarify for example) but I'd be wary of it at the very least, seems Yuni went to the Kodama Naoko school of "yuri" bullshittery if it is true though.

4chan discourse is as charming as ever, I see. On the one hand, they're known for trolling, on the other, this wouldn't be the first time this happened in a yuri series. So far, the story seems flawless, but I wouldn't blame people for wanting to avoid getting invested in a story that they know is going to end disappointingly. There's also the fact that even the shittiest of plot points could be handled well by a competent writer (though it'd be pretty hard to write your way through developments like these). Personally? I say we wait and see, and probably look out for sources that're more reliable than 4chan.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I'm noticing more Adult life and Office lady yuris, were our prayers answered? Like I don't mind the jk stuff but its so..... trope? Here's to a new era! Im down for a future where the OL Yuri will become the trope!

I just realized.
It's such a great thing to be born just in time to watch so many of these yuri stories transition from jk to College to Adult Life at the same time happens to me irl.

Phone
joined Jul 23, 2020

hitorigoto da yo

joined Jul 21, 2020

I can't believe the very first message in this thread is someone calling the mc a garbage ball.
I'd call for moderation.... but the one who wrote that line is staff. ಠ_ಠ
Dynasty forum: where yuri lovers can&will be puritans too....

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I can't believe the very first message in this thread is someone calling the mc a garbage ball.

You're absolutely right. This site has a massive issue with puritanism. Every time a manga with the lots of sex tag comes out, tens of thousands of us view it so we can burn the image of evil lesbians into our eyes. You see the number that shows you how many posts we've made? It actually refers to the number of yuri hentai doujinshi we've burnt. Oh, and you can't get hired as a staff member without killing an ecchi yuri author. The tales of Pekoe taking Mira out with a sniper rifle while she was purchasing ramen from a convenience store are legendary.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019
OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Woah woah! I'm not aware of calling someone or something trash having any relation whatsoever to purity. My apologies if it is. Referencing her as a garbage ball was meant to be shorthand for how arrogant and shallow she is. I consider this to be a huge positive for both her character and the series, though. Not only is her personality casually funny, but far too much yuri* avoids characters like this unless they are played entirely for gags. We've already seen these traits have real-world impact too! So that's worth being excited over, for me.

Every point raised in my first post was meant to be positive, though I guess depending on your perspective it might've been tricky to read it that way.

*this doubly applies to Adult Life yuri, wherein they often act like cutesy high schoolers for...reasons.

Oh, and you can't get hired as a staff member without killing an ecchi yuri author. The tales of Pekoe taking Mira out with a sniper rifle while she was purchasing ramen from a convenience store are legendary.

Ah, that. My proudest life achievement. I appreciate you bringing it up, always leaves me giddy!

last edited at Dec 3, 2020 2:49PM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I couldn't help thinking she was talking about something other than sales here...

Oh, and you can't get hired as a staff member without killing an ecchi yuri author. The tales of Pekoe taking Mira out with a sniper rifle while she was purchasing ramen from a convenience store are legendary.

Ah, that. My proudest life achievement. I appreciate you bringing it up, always leaves me giddy!

You couldn't have offed Kobayashi Ritz instead?

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I couldn't help thinking she was talking about something other than sales here...

Ritz is a bonafide visionary

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I- I'm actually like the biggest closeted Saki fan there is...

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I’m also a fan how even though, as Pekoe said, our MC has issues, she’s also a more or less well-adjusted, kind person in other areas. She’s at least somewhat honest and not an asshole, handling that question about her change of position tactfully, and was already questioning her judgements when she talked to our love interest and saw she was more than plain.

Too often, MCs with Issues are also unrepentant assholes who get way too much leeway or sympathy for their bullshit. It’s refreshing that, so far, our adults seem... well, adult.

I’m very excited.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

Personally? I say we wait and see, and probably look out for sources that're more reliable than 4chan.

I hear you and I agree with your general point, but I think you're dismissing /u/ far too quickly/offhandedly, that board has been and continues to be collectively responsible for a lot of translations (look how many releases are under /u/ scanlations on this site alone), information, and creating awareness and "hype" for loads of yuri series, it's not somewhere like /v/ where it's just an endless stream of useless garbage, I've never seen much in the way of disinformation on /u/ and the board contributes a shit load to this fandom/hobby.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I'm noticing more Adult life and Office lady yuris, were our prayers answered? Like I don't mind the jk stuff but its so..... trope? Here's to a new era! Im down for a future where the OL Yuri will become the trope!

I mean that's kind of the nature of entertainment, I think the word you're looking for is more so "trend" instead of "trope", maybe anyhow. Trends change over time naturally, and OL Yuri is becoming more of the trend as the flow of times passes. We might see more of a shift back to middle/high school Yuri over time, and then a shift back to adult Yuri after that. Such is the flow of time. Personally I love JK and OL, as long as the relationships aren't unhealthy and abusive, I say bring on more Yuri in all forms, and for all ages.

I think the general forum audience of this site is 20s-40s, but I think people should remember that there's a younger audience out there as well, one that also wants to fit in and feel normal about their sexuality. There's plenty of teenagers that are looking for something to identify with as they grow up in a world that unfortunately still has trouble with accepting homosexuality.

Edit: I say this mainly because I think there's room for all kinds of Yuri. Stories that appeal to different audiences and the like. It's good that we're recently getting more adult Yuri to balance things out a bit, and I understand why people are excited. I just think it shouldn't be a matter of "one or the other", since there's all different kinds of people of different ages, ones with varying and different preferences, and reasons for reading.

last edited at Dec 3, 2020 7:37PM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

It's always nice to see the Adult Life Comedy Office Lady and Yuri tags together, straight into to my subscribed you go!

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Personally? I say we wait and see, and probably look out for sources that're more reliable than 4chan.

I hear you and I agree with your general point, but I think you're dismissing /u/ far too quickly/offhandedly, that board has been and continues to be collectively responsible for a lot of translations (look how many releases are under /u/ scanlations on this site alone), information, and creating awareness and "hype" for loads of yuri series, it's not somewhere like /v/ where it's just an endless stream of useless garbage, I've never seen much in the way of disinformation on /u/ and the board contributes a shit load to this fandom/hobby.

Yeah I think this is something people often forget, as much as I don't like 4chan, they're sometimes very reliable when it comes to information and translations. It's a weird balance on a mess of a site.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Fair point. I briefly forgot that /u/ scanlations existed, and now that I recall how many series they've worked on, I feel a bit bad. Even if it's not trolling though, posters could have a penchant for oversimplifying or exaggerating certain plot points based on bitterness or knee-jerk reactions, which is why it's best to wait until we get a comprehensive summary. Mostly, I guess I'm just unwilling to write off a series with such a strong first chapter based on spoilers from a forum, but if they turn out to be right, then I'll be thankful to them for warning us in advance.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Nice, this looks like it's gonna be a good one

To reply you must either login or sign up.