Forum › Citrus + discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

And let's be honest there should be more official couples than just the main pair in the series.

No. Is there even a need for that ? Idk, bring back the other side couple from just before if you want another pair.I never liked the trope that all character should have a pair/is a lesbian, like i don't care that's a yuri, doesn't mean every girl has to be in couple with another girl. Not helping for me that it's Harumin of all peoples, Miss" I didn't do anything useful during the main serie beside being here" (yeah in case anyone didn't know in this thread, i don'treally like Harumin). Not helping either that the pairing feel foirced by default because Matsuri know she can't have Yuzu so she decide to poke at Harumin. I don't find any strong chemistry, at least not romantically.
Might be a killjoy (surprising i know) but i'm not very hype at all and the lack of reaction of Harumin doesn't help. Just feel like Saburouta give Harumatsu fan some materials so they stop asking for it.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

There's a bunch of interesting bits of info that can be gleaned from the art.

As some have already mentioned, Sabu is pushing hard the notion of Matsuri and Harumin being foils of each other from the way she keeps drawing them in mirrored panels, like on page 12, a subtle way to let us know that they're more alike than they think. Another bit that caught my attention was how Matsuri's intent taking Harumin to her room was to probe if Harumin was there of her own volition (and thus, finally showing she cares about her) or if she was doing it to keep the facade of a model student. Initially, Harumin implied it was something she did for obligation leading to the very disappointed Matsuri of page 2. I'm convinced that Matsuri would've tried to pull a Mei and essentially assault Harumin to break her composure but the untimely arrival of her mom put an end to that plan. And finally, their discussion at the end led to both of them blushing at the other words before the big damn kiss. I don't think neither of them has blushed like that in the past.

Might be a killjoy (surprising i know) but i'm not very hype at all and the lack of reaction of Harumin doesn't help. Just feel like Saburouta give Harumatsu fan some materials so they stop asking for it.

Same here.

F0c1c7ea6c0d24b021d03256f2c658f6
joined Oct 9, 2019

:00000000000000

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

And let's be honest there should be more official couples than just the main pair in the series.

No. Is there even a need for that ? Idk, bring back the other side couple from just before if you want another pair.I never liked the trope that all character should have a pair/is a lesbian, like i don't care that's a yuri, doesn't mean every girl has to be in couple with another girl. Not helping for me that it's Harumin of all peoples, Miss" I didn't do anything useful during the main serie beside being here" (yeah in case anyone didn't know in this thread, i don'treally like Harumin). Not helping either that the pairing feel foirced by default because Matsuri know she can't have Yuzu so she decide to poke at Harumin. I don't find any strong chemistry, at least not romantically.

You don't like harumin...??? It's like you don't like puppies or something

353310-my_neighbor_totoro-totoro-studio_ghibli-anime-748x598
joined Jul 16, 2013

Am I the only one finding the dialogue in this chapter rather odd?

No, you're not the only one; I did too. I had to reread a few panels.

Yeah it's actually a bit difficult to follow for some reason. I reread it so many times but it still feels a bit weird.
Anyway my ship is finally sailing and I can die happy

Hahaha good one sadhomu82.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yeah sorry but i found Harumin very useless in the main serie so it's very hard to get attached to someone who seem to be here just for being the sexy quota. The only one i found more useless was Nene.and honestly, even Nene has her moments in the election arc. When Harumin had what ? She know nothing until the last volumr and even after she know she barely do something.. Might be biased but the only thing i remember Harumin has done is give her bike so Yuzu can bring Mei to see her dad off. So yeah, i don't like Harumin. Also for the record, Matsuri is my favorite characer.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Mangaka be like

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

I barely if at all understood the conversation lmao

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I have to admit I find it strange to find people in a yuri focused site be against more official gay girls in a manga.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I have to admit I find it strange to find people in a yuri focused site be against more official gay girls in a manga.

I'm actually quite happy with this, to be frank, this is what I was hoping for when they announced the +

joined Jan 6, 2017

So now Matsuri has kissed 3 out of her senpais... Wonder if we'll get them all?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I refer to my comment of earlier.

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

Our dreams have come true best chapter of the of Citrus Plus so far.

The thing between Harumi and Matsuri has been brewing for a long time. It's really interesting seeing how similar the both of them are. For example Harumi's tendency to remove herself out of situation where she might get hurt & Matsuri has a tendency to get involved with situations that don't directly involve her, plus they both don't like to talk about their feelings & both are stubborn, but still manage to be strong for their friends & family,

The character development was really good for them & chapter shows that Matsuri's the kind of person that never wants to admit when something is bothers them, but when confronted about it, tries to use mental gymnastics & turn the whole situation around with skillful wordplay & questionable actions. Harumi's pretty much right about her, nobody is going to know she is struggle with something if she keeps acting like this. Even the kiss was partly to try & show that what Harumi said didn't bother her when it in fact did. It also shows that Harumi does care about her a lot more than she may want to admit or even realize, but she also wants Matsuri to stop lying to herself about her troubles & acting like nothing's wrong because her tendency to act coy about her personal life & reactions to people questioning it ultimately does nothing but cause everyone close to her to worried.

Side Note
I think we can all agree that they have feelings for each other, I mean Saburo Uta has been giving a lot of hints that she been planning on having Harumi & Matsuri ending up together as a couple. And Harumi's lack of reaction to the kiss is in fact, a huge factor for HaruMatsu to become real since previously, Harumi had rejected all of Matsuri's teases & advances with clear annoyance. And the kiss happened in a moment where Matsuri wasn't lashing out so isn't like Harumi was cutting her some slack so at the very least her perception of Matsuri has shifted for the better a bit.

You really captured the image of the two characters well. I like to add something, there has always been this untold side of Harumi the author alludes to since the first chapter of citrus+, and so far Matsuri is the only one aware of this but neither of them actually address this, so when Harumi says that she is comfortable in her current position Matsuri replies with "you're funny after all"...….! Similarly for Matsuri, she too alludes that her past was a bit of a mess, and we can actually refer to her past behavior from the chapters which introduce Matsuri in Citrus, but the author doesn't continue with that aspect of Matsuri as to why she behaved that way...…! Basically the relationship between the two is still unknown to its full extent to us as the readers and Harumi and Matsuri are the only ones who have an inkling of what the other person is feeling, so that's why Matsuri asks why Harumi showed up even though they both knew Matsuri's situation and Matsuri, enquires "was it for 'everybody' "...........so far both of them are connected to each other because of Yuzu, and that either one doesn't want to reveal a side of them to Yuzu so that's why they keep alluding to each other and avoid actually addressing their feelings...…and even Matsuri kissing Harumi so that she won't speak about it to Yuzu. This sequel to Citrus actually focuses on what was left unsaid in the Original Series while adding in some new characters to act as a catalyst!

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Funny how the fabled HaruMatsu kiss happened so close to the series' 8th anniversary.

You really captured the image of the two characters well. I like to add something, there has always been this untold side of Harumi the author alludes to since the first chapter of citrus+, and so far Matsuri is the only one aware of this but neither of them actually address this, so when Harumi says that she is comfortable in her current position Matsuri replies with "you're funny after all"...….! Similarly for Matsuri, she too alludes that her past was a bit of a mess, and we can actually refer to her past behavior from the chapters which introduce Matsuri in Citrus, but the author doesn't continue with that aspect of Matsuri as to why she behaved that way...…! Basically the relationship between the two is still unknown to its full extent to us as the readers and Harumi and Matsuri are the only ones who have an inkling of what the other person is feeling, so that's why Matsuri asks why Harumi showed up even though they both knew Matsuri's situation and Matsuri, enquires "was it for 'everybody' "...........so far both of them are connected to each other because of Yuzu, and that either one doesn't want to reveal a side of them to Yuzu so that's why they keep alluding to each other and avoid actually addressing their feelings...…and even Matsuri kissing Harumi so that she won't speak about it to Yuzu. This sequel to Citrus actually focuses on what was left unsaid in the Original Series while adding in some new characters to act as a catalyst!

I agree that was well said.

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

The thing is there was a lot of chemistry between Yuzu and Harumi in the Original Series, and Harumi was always supporting Yuzu throughout the series! I'm not sure what Saburo Uta planned for the storyline but I couldn't help but always feel a few missing pieces of all the side characters, I feel that this sequel is focusing and trying to fill in those gaps with the other characters, because the main couple is definitely together, the author can expand of the citrus universe to give it more life to all the characters.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

LETS FGUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

No, you're not the only one; I did too. I had to reread a few panels.

Yeah it's actually a bit difficult to follow for some reason. I reread it so many times but it still feels a bit weird.
Anyway my ship is finally sailing and I can die happy

Did the translator in mangadex change?

I mean, are her parents in good terms or what?

last edited at Nov 19, 2020 5:52PM

joined Dec 26, 2014

Did the translator in mangadex change?

yes we had another translator this time due to our main translator being busy
we upload the same chapter in both sites,what do you mean mangadex?

last edited at Nov 19, 2020 6:20PM

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Hm...Can't say I understood everything, but yay for more yuri.

joined Dec 26, 2014

Hm...Can't say I understood everything, but yay for more yuri.

like seriously do you think anyone cares about the plot at this point? harumastu is finally canon LOL

last edited at Nov 19, 2020 6:19PM

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Progress?

Lastpersimmondrops
Chi3c
joined Apr 22, 2020

I know everyone has their own tastes for the yuri genre, but I agree. I've read similar criticisms of some of Ratana Satis' works - I personally like escaping to a lovely world stuffed with official gay girls.

To reply you must either login or sign up.