Forum › Tadokoro-san discussion

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

This is random but since everyone is on the comments can anyone suggest any good Yuri Visual novels on Steam?

KIndred Spirits on the Roof.

Heart of the Woods.

Highway Blossoms is decent.

Seven Days with the Ghost isn't bad.

This is random but since everyone is on the comments can anyone suggest any good Yuri Visual novels on Steam?

Heart of the Woods.

Highway Blossoms is decent.

Seven Days with the Ghost isn't bad.

Thanks so much, I’ll check these out now.

Tabco%20avatar
joined Jan 17, 2018

The "Flowers" series of VNs on Steam is worth looking at too.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Random Wanderer posted:

Heart of the Woods.

Advance Tabco posted:

The "Flowers" series of VNs on Steam is worth looking at too.

Seconding these ones. (Haven't played the other two though.) The second Flowers VN (Flowers -Le volume sur ete-) is the best one that's been released, though I haven't actually started the third one yet myself. It'd be difficult to beat though since Erika's the best character in the entire series.

last edited at Nov 4, 2020 3:02AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Jayxnoir kindred spirits on the roof is by far the best imo- its expensive compared to regular vns- BUT thats because its not like 6hr long more like 35 and very well produced. It has multiple ongoing couples, and is voiced very well.

Be aware its more like a kinetic novel than a 'game'- very few choices, but its a great VN- assuming you are ok with schoolgirl yuri. It might be the only yuri game on steam with an 'overwhelmingly positive' review rating.

OshiRabu: Waifus Over Husbandos is very nice too imo.
Hmm, Lilycle Rainbow Stage!!!, the flowers series, Yumeutsutsu Re:Master.. I forget the names right now but Im sure theres other great ones.

Join the steam group Hella Yuri - its got about 30k members- it is just for finding and listing games with yuri.
Go to the curator tab then click view store tab. On the left you'll see the lists or different types of games and recommended games etc, and they will bring up the lists, with a line or 2 for each game.

P.s there are tons of other sorts of yuri games not to be ignored if you like those kinda games- like dating sims and rpgs.
Lots of good yuri in the rpg catagory!

last edited at Nov 4, 2020 7:14AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

LOL- I didnt come here to talk about vns nearly forgot to comment

Im amazed how fast this manga is catching up to the web one- or that the translators have kept up- good work!
I've really enjoyed some of the changes/additions.

last edited at Nov 4, 2020 6:25AM

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

Nikaidou-san has become enslaved to Todokoro-san's nimble fingers.

Wow I didn't remember this being so suggestive

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^
Not just suggestive- there is a lot more kissing if im remembering the web version right.. I think they might of been told to spice it up a bit for the magazine version? Or just wanted to themselves.

last edited at Nov 4, 2020 6:29AM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

@Jayxnoir kindred spirits on the roof is by far the best imo- its expensive compared to regular vns- BUT thats because its not like 6hr long more like 35 and very well produced. It has multiple ongoing couples, and is voiced very well.

Be aware its more like a kinetic novel than a 'game'- very few choices, but its a great VN- assuming you are ok with schoolgirl yuri. It might be the only yuri game on steam with an 'overwhelmingly positive' review rating.

Hmm, Lilycle Rainbow Stage!!!, the flowers series, Yumeutsutsu Re:Master.. I forget the names right now but Im sure theres other great ones.

Join the steam group Hella Yuri - its got about 30k members- it is just for finding and listing games with yuri.
Go to the curator tab then click view store tab. On the left you'll see the lists or different types of games and recommended games etc, and they will bring up the lists, with a line or 2 for each game.

P.s there are tons of other sorts of yuri games not to be ignored if you like those kinda games- like dating sims and rpgs.

Some rambling thoughts about Steam reviews. There are decent amount of Yuri games on steam that have 90-100% positive reviews but are listed as "Very Positive". For example "A Summer's End - Hong Kong 1986" is Very Positive at 383 reviews at 98%, recent reviews are Very Positive with 15 at 100%. I think it has to do with the quantity of reviews, but Steam's review system is weird honestly. Kindred Spirits has Overwhelmingly Positive with 702 reviews at 97%, no recent reviews listed. The first Flowers game is Overwhelmingly Positive with 880 reviews at 97%, however it's recent reviews are only Very Positive with 22 reviews at 100%. Waifus Over Husbandos is Very Positive with 2,791 reviews at 88%, recent is Very Positive with 17 reviews at 94%. Which makes me wonder with more reviews than Kindred and Flowers combined if Waifus would have an Overwhelmingly positive rating around 95%, if it had about 700-1000 (maybe up to 1500ish?) reviews like the other two games. I'm notably in the states, and unfortunately I don't know if these reviews and statistics are different for other countries.

Anyhow, sorry for the rambling. I personally find review information interesting, but I might be the only one that does. I think the TLDR version is that the review system on steam is wonky. Plus well the whole user review system is flooded with all types of reviews, for example there's helpful in-depth ones, meme ones, there are often many that are only 1-3 words of praise or hate. I'd say if you're uncertain about a game then waiting for a sale isn't a bad idea, but Steam also has a decent refund system (if you've played a game under 2 hours, and I might be wrong but I think within 2 weeks of purchase?). Also I'd definitely second the recommendation of the curator, "Hella Yuri", they have helpful information about a wide range of games.

In closing, getting back to the manga at hand. These two are so incredibly wholesome, and somehow they only get more wholesome as we progress. Thanks for all the hard work on this series!

last edited at Nov 4, 2020 7:51AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

If you want some peak yuri vns I highly recommend you check out Nurse Love Syndrome and Nurse Love Addiction

Both are adult and really fucking fantastic. Also, Fatal 12 is also amazing

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@FluffyCow The reviews are not wonky or wierd imo- you just dont know the full critera because steam doesn't explain how they work, what they count or dont count, when the various named ratings happen, when some ratings might be ignored for what reasons etc. I'm sure they are consistant.

Im guessing they need both numbers of votes over various thresholds AND a percentage positive votes. Even if a game has 100% positive votes it also needs to get X sales = maybe over 1000? to rate overhelmingly positive. This makes sense to me because the smaller the numbers the less representative they are. If a game had 100% positive rating but like 10 reviews- that is just not enough to be considered 'overwhelming'. It might also be a small but not long term represntative streak. What if the next 10 were all negative?

I'd guess untill at least 100, the rating is just 'positive' for any value over 50%. Then as the numbers of votes go up over various thresholds, the rating becomes more fine grained- like over 100 votes but less than 500, it goes 50-60% positive votes = mostly positive - 60-70% = positive, 70% plus = very positive. Then when a game gets a total votes over a certain amount it gets another tier / rating lvl, then another. Im guessing 1000+ votes is the point where a game has the full scale of rating names available. This is why games with the same or higher %'s can have a lower tier of named rating. (like 98%positive but only 250 reviews may be called 'very positive' but a game with 3000 reviews and a 96% rating is 'overwhelmingly positive'. It is a lot more impressive to have such a high % as the number of votes gets much higher!)

Did that make any sense lol?

They also can void votes if they think there was any malicious voting or some kinda campaign, or when games are bought off stolen cards etc.

So I dont think its wonky at all. Its very robust, It even lets you look at their ratings over time and how its changed on a graph etc. If you dont understand something about it i's just not knowing how it all works. And even without knowing the systems finer details, just going on the rating is a fine guide. Actually reading some reviews too is a good idea tho.

Anyways I'll leave it there this isn't a thread about steam ratings lol!

last edited at Nov 4, 2020 10:26AM

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Wow this is getting updated very quickly!

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

If you want some peak yuri vns I highly recommend you check out Nurse Love Syndrome and Nurse Love Addiction

Both are adult and really fucking fantastic. Also, Fatal 12 is also amazing

Are those on Dynasty?

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Insane Amounts of Hand-holding?

last edited at Nov 4, 2020 12:29PM

joined Jul 31, 2013

Thank you for all this! I think I like this version more. Everyone who can should buy these volumes.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Roshi710 they are talking about visual novels - computer games- so no, not on here. On steam for PC.

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

She likes her nimble fingers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thanks everyone! And I joined the steam group thanks so much. I’ve been playing nonstop lmao also I really enjoyed this manga so far. I didn’t read the webcomic to this manga. I hope the story is the same tho.

last edited at Nov 4, 2020 7:05PM by

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yup so far its been the same with some minor changes and some additional bits. More kissing for one!
The manga has nearly caught up to where the web version is too- maybe another 5-10 chapters?

Presumably the releases will slow way down then since it will all be new stuff.

p.s Hope you enjoy it :)

last edited at Nov 4, 2020 11:44PM

joined Nov 14, 2013

@Roshi710 they are talking about visual novels - computer games- so no, not on here. On steam for PC.

Some are on the Nintendo Switch too - the Nurse Love ones are at least.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Yo there’s yuri RPGs? God has been holding out on me.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Bit late to the discussion here, but I'd recommend SeaBed, which is leagues ahead of pretty much every yuri VN I've ever read except for maybe Flowers. I must say that it's very different from your traditional yuri VN- for starters, all the characters are adults and there are no routes. It's also immensely psychological and mind-screwy, but has the best take on psychology, loss, coping and memory that I've seen in any story, ever. The yuri is delivered less in the form of adorable fluff and more in the form of a subtle, mature, nuanced and often bittersweet relationship. I haven't come across anything like it before or since, and it honestly rocked my world, though the complex subject matter coupled with a general lack of pandering or high-grade advertising has rendered it virtually unknown. I've barely seen any discussion about it even in niche circles, which is sad, because SeaBed is one of the few works, yuri or otherwise, that I would wholeheartedly describe as a masterpiece.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Jayxnoir posted:

I'd recommend also Synergia.

A cyberpunk VN, inspired by Ghost In The Shell.

Just a couple of choices in the whole "game", and it's quite short, but the atmosphere and the music are good.

joined May 24, 2014

Well their humillation is complete

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Nothing quite says "justice" like getting your mum called in.

To reply you must either login or sign up.