Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

joined Jul 20, 2020

(Ch 16) oh man this is so fucked up, it’s like a car crash but it’s so interesting. This is why boundaries are important people, even if part of you wants an ambiguous relationship it can be really unhealthy for you and the other person, so telling people when you’re not interested in them is kinder than letting them hold their feelings.

That said—it makes for some damn good fiction, doesn’t it?

I can’t wait to see how this confrontation goes—is it going to be an emotional explosion, or will they talk it out? If everything resolves emotionally, how could Sei even get out of the hole she’s put herself in w/only blackmail keeping her safe?

Well she has those naked photos of Aya one of them she sent so nicely to Haruki and then there is Mochida who together with Haruki will pay Sakai a nice little visit so no she ruined herself right from the get go! And I honestly love the fact that Sei always says it's everybody else's fault Aya, Haruki, Mochida, Yoru and of course Sakai whom she dissmised as nothing more than a joke way back in chapter 2!

Screenshot_2021-04-15-01-11-58-71_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4~5
joined Mar 23, 2019

...yeah, yeah...oh yeah,

Eetw4a5ueaiu2_t
joined Jun 1, 2017

This is my favorite telenovela!
fingers crossed for Aya/Sei endgame

Bad news there won't be a new chapter this month.

joined Sep 20, 2020

this is soo good i hope they get together aleady!

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

Half way thru this, how did that best friend girl saw the "I wanna fuck" message but she didn't see the selfie?

joined Oct 14, 2020

Thats sad ._. flippin sad as hell they directly did it ._.

There will be a new chapter this month.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

¯_(ツ)_/¯ I don't even know what to think

joined Jun 21, 2018

That was a good thing to do... kinda.

I feel bad for everyone except Yoru. Why did she even sleep with Sei if she knows how obsessed she is with her? To only go back to her unfaithful husband.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

That flashback strongly reminded me of a quote from Carmilla:

"You must come with me, loving me, to death; or else hate me, and still come with me, and hating me through death and after. There is no such word as indifference in my apathetic nature."

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

literally nobody in this manga is happy

i love it

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

what

Nothing is impossible Aya.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Never fall in love.... It's easier and, above all cheaper this way...

I feel like that this series will be ending soon, & Vol 4 is going to be the last.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

^
i get that feeling too

joined Mar 8, 2019

I feel like as Sei comes to genuinely appreciate and care for Aya, it'll be too late. Aya will always feel she's second to Yoru and there's nothing Sei can do to change her mind, short of her outright repeatedly rejecting a buck naked Yoru who's begging for Sei's love with Aya witnessing each rejection.

The question is, will Aya in turn be the one who uses others to distract herself? Might not have been possible before but as we've seen, there's a darkness to Aya. Who knows what she would have done if Yoru hadn't stopped her. Is she going to cling to Haruki in an attempt to move on from Sei? Will Sei ever outgrow her obsession? She says herself she's "forgotten love" so maybe what Aya needs to do is make her feel what genuine love is supposed to feel like- though like I said she almost hit Sei so I don't think it's going that direction sadly....

joined Feb 23, 2016

Reeee

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

It just keeps getting messier and messier. I love

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The real treasure was the relationships we detached along the way.

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Whats with Yuri Hime having so many overly dramatic manga in its magazine. Seriously 90% of their manga is about toxic characters in toxic relationships. Then they wonder why when they turn these manga into anime they don't succeed. It's nice to show that yuri relationships aren't nice and fun but at the same time all they animate are the overly dramatic stories. I think that's why yuri subtext and yuri coming of age manga are usually more popular when they get animated. This is just my opinion.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Translator here. Before any comments about it even appear, let me just clear something up: The Japanese word for "childhood friend," /幼馴染/, does not necessarily imply any friendly attachments. It technically just means "someone you have known since you were young." So when Aya says she "doesn't have any friends," she actually means it.

last edited at Oct 20, 2020 7:57PM

Man with everything that's happened so far Aya was bound to snap, people can only take so much, I wanna say she at least deserved to get one slap in, but at the same time no. This chapter left me so conflicted.

To reply you must either login or sign up.