Forum › Motto Hanjuku Joshi discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Wait, did they just use fencing events as sexual metaphors...? :D

Well Chitose did, anyway. Quite brazenly too. :P

Ayumi clearly got the meaning, though. :D

joined Jul 26, 2016

I seriously can't get over that :3 version of the proverbial shit-eating grin Chitose makes there lmao

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

More flirrting with their outffit,

joined Dec 30, 2013

Wait, did they just use fencing events as sexual metaphors...? :D

Obviously this mean Morishima needs to do a yuri fencing manga next.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I'm suddenly getting Revolutionary Girl Utena vibes for some reason.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

How come there is no Cheating tag ?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I think Youko is engaged in "having yout cake and eating it too" type of cheating. Which is the most depicable kind of cheating.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 15, 2014

Ah geezus, why the cheating. The spice that isnt necessary. Too spicy hahahah

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Gotta say, looks like Yae dodged a bullet here with Youko not being into her. Teenagers gonna drama, but yeah, this is not something you normally would want part of...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Gotta say, looks like Yae dodged a bullet here with Youko not being into her.

Not necessarily, seeing how they would have gotten together before Youko got a boyfriend in that case and all this drama would've been avoided.

I'm also pretty sure we established already in the original series that Youko may have had feelings for Yae as well.

joined Sep 4, 2016

Fuck Youko, and not in a good way.

I don't care how cutesy the story tries to dress this up. Youko is the worst kind of bitch. Stringing along two(at least that we know of) people at the same time is just straight scummy. Of course based on how this story is going, she'll get a completely undeserved happy ending with Ayu.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Didn’t expect to be so invested into Youko/Ayu but damn, I sure am aboard now

joined Jun 12, 2015

Good, good. Come to the dark side.

joined Oct 13, 2014

i kinda feel bad for the now ex boyfriend

joined Dec 18, 2018

Yeah, he doesn't deserve the emotional gutpunch coming his way...

joined Dec 5, 2019

there you go, that was nice

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The main problem being that he's technically not ex yet. She really needs to break up with him properly now. That bit of stinging aside, such a wonderful chapter, though.

joined Dec 18, 2018

The main problem being that he's technically not ex yet. She really needs to break up with him properly now. That bit of stinging aside, such a wonderful chapter, though.

Personally I can't really get over the cheating bit, no matter how wonderful the rest seems. It's like a massive looming shadow above everything. Literally the worst way to start a new relationship.

joined Jul 26, 2016

The basic problem is that Youko is (was?) trying to have her cake and eat it too. She clearly wasn't sure which one she liked more and kept her options open until she figured that out, which while certainly sensible and prudent was kind of a nasty thing to do to both.

Poor Whatshisface basically got cucked through absolutely no fault of his own.

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

Old complex resolve with simple honestly

Lastpersimmondrops
Chi3c
joined Apr 22, 2020

Sometimes you figure out you're madly in love with someone else while you are still in another relationship. Painful for everyone but who wouldn't pursue the love of your life when she appears? "Cheating" is sometimes a slanderous label for what is really initially surprise, confusion and longing. I'm game for manga exploring that!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Nop, that doesn't work for me. Youko was and stay a bitch for me. I can never come to like this story because she wasn't necessary in the first place and how poorly the boyfriend is treated. Like, he hasn't done anything wrong at all. I just can't, Youko is a bad character who just want everything and because it's yuri, will get everything because who care about boys in yuri amirite ? Of course people will excuse the cheating here because it's on a boy and with a girl. Double standards i guess.

last edited at Sep 29, 2020 10:30AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh no! A character in a story behaving badly--torches and pitchforks at midnight, everyone!

joined Dec 18, 2018

Oh no! A character in a story behaving badly--torches and pitchforks at midnight, everyone!

Shit, I'm in the wrong place, I thought this was for discussions about the story!

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Welp, this chapter should have the Cheating tag, if only to warn off those who can't read that stuff. I usually avoid works with that tag myself, but here, where we're already invested in the characters, it doesn't ruin the story at least. Also, we never actually saw what she said to her boyfriend after "I'm sorry". Maybe she DID break up with him.

Not that I'm trying to make excuses for Youko. I haven't really liked her from the beginning, but it's a mild dislike, that will fade depending on how she grows from this. I can understand struggling with your own feelings. We'll see what happens next chapter.

last edited at Sep 29, 2020 11:32AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.