Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's the biggest troll ever if the author decides to write that Shino isn't into Nozomi at this point...

Shino is into Nozomi.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I think this is the most yuri thing that's been in the entire manga.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Oh shit the yandere is starting to slip in even more

/s

Obvs

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Personally, I think the tit-groping chapter was pretty yuri.

As such chapters between two women are wont to be.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ah, Jealousy...

joined Jan 22, 2015

Well this chapter was a mood.

Acreepshowavatar
joined Oct 20, 2017

Are we SURE this doesn't need a yuri tag? Like absolutely positive?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Are we SURE this doesn't need a yuri tag? Like absolutely positive?

Well, Ritsuko is definitely a lesbian, and a couple of Shino’s schoolmates probably are, and other series have gotten “yuri” tags for less.

But for the MCs it remains just Insane Amounts of Subtext, so readers might still be misled.

That’s my guess, anyway.

last edited at Sep 22, 2020 7:48PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Forgot that.

IIRC Shino seems very likely to be baby gay. No outright "I like a girl" but frequent fascination (as above) or flustering by female bodies, and a total lack of tension with her male friends. Not to mention this yandere jealousy attack.

Nozomi I'm less sure of, though she gets shoujo decoration around her text from Heidi this chapter. Of course she married a guy so probably not gay.

joined Dec 18, 2018

Forgot that.

IIRC Shino seems very likely to be baby gay. No outright "I like a girl" but frequent fascination (as above) or flustering by female bodies, and a total lack of tension with her male friends. Not to mention this yandere jealousy attack.

Nozomi I'm less sure of, though she gets shoujo decoration around her text from Heidi this chapter. Of course she married a guy so probably not gay.

We put all our hopes into the glory that is bisexuality

joined Oct 5, 2016

Yeah Shino's always seemed pretty blatantly gay.

The one who's always been more of a question mark is Nozomi, who's always been pretty cluelessly heteronormative up until now.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

As such chapters between two women are wont to be.

I will never forget the tit grab. That was glorious.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The very definition of jealousy.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I've been trying to figure out why this chapter seemed to move it past subtext and into the realm of a clear Yuri Crush for me, and I think I figured it out. There's always been a lot of subtext, but Shino has said things in the past that would qualify her at the least as hetero-normative (due to culture). And so we've been left to speculate on her true feelings.

She has the fascination with women's bodies (particularly Nozomi's), though that could be your standard manga cliche. She clearly loves Nozomi even if it hasn't explicitly been stated how. Now she has the jealousy/proprietary feelings.

What was throwing me off was that jealousy could simply be a "you took my beloved sister away" type jealousy. If this was earlier in the manga, where Shino was still struggling with her brother's death and was clearly emotionally dependent on Nozomi, at least in part, then that probably would have been the case. But Shino...well, I wouldn't say she's gotten over her brother's death, but she's accepted it and is making an effort to move forward. She's no longer as emotionally dependent on her sister-in-law.

What's more, there's this parallel. She never felt like Nozomi stole her brother away, indicating she understands that people and relationships will change. But she did feel like Nozomi was being taken away when talking to that male teacher. At the time, it could just as easily have given credence to the "she belongs to my brother" jealousy, while Shino was still struggling with her brother's death. But as stated before, Shino is moving past that, and yet she still got jealous again here. This indicates something deeper and/or longer lasting.

It's not certain, but I think with this chapter it's now more likely than not Yuri.

That said, it could still end up as a one-sided Yuri Crush, or even still be used as a "this is how Shino takes a step forward and eventually finds someone else to love" ending. I'm not going all in, because this has been so well done so far that I'm perfectly content to see where it goes. Also, the sheer amount of subtext might make you think it must be yuri, but as we all know there are multiple Manga Which Shall Not Be Named that were merely yuri bait.

last edited at Sep 25, 2020 8:38PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And, Chap. 85: a definitive yuri flag has been raised. Not Shino + Nozomi, but definitive in my book.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I'm genuinely curious about Nozomi would react to Shion getting a girlfriend. I could see Shion feeling guilty about her feelings for Nozomi and trying to date someone else because of it, though it probably wouldn't work because Shion would feel terrible about using someone else as a substitute (which, ironically enough, would parallel how Nozomi feels about her). It'd be odd to have an ending where Shion just sorta learns not to have the hots for her sister-in-law and settle for someone else, but I'm also not sure whether Kuzushiro could justify Shion X Nozomi (not to the shippers who've been clamouring for it from chapter one, but to the personal morality of the characters themselves). Suffice it to say that I have NO idea about where this series is gonna go or how long it'll continue (it took them this long to just barely get over the brother's death, and I'm not even willing to imagine the angst that would ensue when they confront their feelings for each other). But honestly, I'm incredibly invested and can't wait to see what happens next.

Good
joined Jun 14, 2016

Its... driving me insane. Theyre actually killing me. Are they or are they not i just dont know

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Heidi's a pretty interesting addition to the cast, to say the least. I'm still not quite sure whether they're trans or a male crossdresser, though the translator on Twitter mentioned that it was the latter (apparently, Nozomi refers to them with 'she' pronouns because professional crossdressers prefer to be addressed as the gender they're currently attired as, since it adds to the atmosphere of the workplace). The fact that Nozomi continues to use 'she' pronouns in her mental narration as opposed to when she's just addressing Heidi at the bar muddles this up a bit, but for now, I'd go with the translator's version. Regardless, I feel like the contrast between their occupation and their background could make for some interesting drama, while also helping Nozomi decide whether she wants to get back into the dating game, and also how Shion would deal with all this.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow, the one character's Dad has a villain face. Creepy.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I gotta know, do people actually get sick from going outside in the rain or cold? Is this how disease works?

And is it finally yuri time? Have we made it?

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I gotta know, do people actually get sick from going outside in the rain or cold? Is this how disease works?

Well... If you want to know the technicalities of it, it's possible to get sick from the rain especially if it's a cold rain and if the person is also experiencing stress or something similar of that nature. Low temperature, stress, depression, etc lowers our immune system hence we've become more susceptible to viruses and bacterias under those circumstances. So it's plausible.

last edited at Oct 20, 2020 2:03AM

Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

I'm not liking where this is going but that's just me

joined Oct 5, 2016

I always wanted this to be gay, but at the same time I always thought shion/nozomi would've been a very unhealthy codependent relationship. So I'm thrilled personally!

joined Jul 8, 2020

With how unrequited love's ended.. I have so much hope for this series... to at least not be rushed like that.. and for them to actually get together... But.. idk..

joined Aug 16, 2019

And is it finally yuri time? Have we made it?

it all comes down to the persons immune system

To reply you must either login or sign up.