Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

I don't know what to think about this...

https://twitter.com/bunko_dengeki/status/1303247738864193536/photo/1

Yeah, me too. I mean, Adachi looks fine, but Shimamura kind of looks like an old woman. It's a little bit off-putting for me.

joined Aug 10, 2014

I don't like it,there is something wrong with their heads

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Ahhhhh, been a while since I've been able to do this.

*cracks knuckles *

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Phone call flashback

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Nooooo I don't wanna recall that horrible awkward phone call. Small fun fact for the novel translation, the actual long weird rambling blubbering creepiness that Adachi spat out over the phone was so long and weird and blubbery that in the end it wasn't really "faithfully" translated cuz there just didn't seem to be a way to accurately translate what was basically a wall of text that was utterly slurred and blurred and not make it sound super cartoonish or ridiculous in the process. Was nightmare fuel in a lot of ways.....

last edited at Sep 20, 2020 9:38PM

*cracks knuckles *

Ohhh how I've missed the cackling, it's good to have it and you back.

Also that phone call picture hurts, I'm getting sad flashbacks.

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

*cracks knuckles *

My day be so boring and kind of stressful, then
BOOM
day saved.
(Also that GIF is epic)

last edited at Sep 21, 2020 6:17AM

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

The only thing that makes me sad about the phone call is the knowledge that the anime won't reach it.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

It'd be a good opportunity for a VA to go all out.

I highly doubt there will be a season 2 though lol much less the 3rd season it'll probably require to reach that point, what is it with Yuri series only getting 1 season .... If bloom into you never got it I highly doubt anything ever will, well maybe a really ecchi series ? Otome no Teikoku if it ever gets adapted ?

Any chance the Saeki Sayaka novels getting an anime?

Yay I'd missed that cackling lol, surprisingly made me want to watch yuru yuri again.

last edited at Sep 21, 2020 8:08AM

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Two cours would be enough to get there, I'm sure the one we're getting will adapt the first three volumes, and the phone call was in the sixth. In fact two cours would be a good stopping point since it could reach the confession.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Well two cours are still impossible.

You're right the books are kind of short so they can maybe do good adaptations with 3 volumes per season but ... I like it when they go for 2 volumes just to be safe, add a bit of extra stuff if there's a little time left over.

Well some LN adaptations are rushed to hell anyway so let's see.

joined Sep 9, 2020

When Bloom into you got its anime adaptation, there was not enough material for a 2 cour season. However, the fact that despite its popularity, a second season has not been announced yet should give you a good idea oh how unlikely it is for a yuri series to get more than a 1 cour season. Can't say I liked it, but Citrus is quite popular, and there should have been enough material published by the time the anime adaptation happened for a 2 cour season, and yet again, it was only a 1 cour season. So yeah, extremely unlikely that Adashima will.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Yeah and more so I see this series struggling a bit with how slow the beginning volumes are.

Like I love this series quite a bit but I admit I wasn't so sure when I read the first volume I was going to like it lol, Id gotten spoiled they'd get together in volume 6 so that's why I continued no problem and thank God I did cuz it became my favorite romance series to date but I may have stopped at vol 1 had I not known they do get together lol.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Ohhh yeah one thing I am kinda sad was left out in the timeskip was if Shimas mom knows Shimas gay, I mean most probably yes right ? What with Shima living with Adachi and all but well what a way for the author to keep that talk for later.

God will that happen ? Shima momma asking her daughter if she's gay, or like imply that she knows and that Shima can talk to her about it ? I really want to see that lol.

What a way to work around not revealing anything, they know she's going to America but don't ever ask who she's going with or anything lol.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Yeah that whole aspect of the chapter felt like a bit of a dodge

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

I can't believe we're actually caught up on AdaShima. I owe sneik and shades my entire life.

Really loved the chapter, Pancho was such a good girl this whole time.

That foreboding afterword though. I wonder if Iruma was sick at the time, considering the 2 year and a half breaks he took in-between volumes 7-8 and 8-9.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

So happy that we already caught up. Thank you sneikk, shades and the whole team. :)

So excited for Volume 9! But damn, I'm so gonna miss Non's art.

joined Sep 9, 2020

Translators doing Gods work and providing us with top quality translations. Really appreciate that.
Chapters from Shima's POV are my favorite, so I thoroughly enjoyed this volume. Heartwarming seeing how much she's growing.
Anime airing date is just around the corner, and vol 9 coming just a couple days after that, so plenty to look forward to.

joined Jan 25, 2017

https://twitter.com/adashima_staff/status/1310891367111864320

Would be cool if they ended up bringing Nakatani on to do illustrations now that Non's left...

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I can't believe we're actually caught up on AdaShima.

So happy that we already caught up.

Huh? Where's this coming from? There are still two more chapters left of volume 8.

I can't believe we're actually caught up on AdaShima.

So happy that we already caught up.

Huh? Where's this coming from? There are still two more chapters left of volume 8.

It was just one, check the site.
https://sneikkimies.github.io

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Oh, thanks. My bad.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

https://twitter.com/adashima_staff/status/1310891367111864320

Would be cool if they ended up bringing Nakatani on to do illustrations now that Non's left...

I am so loving this daily Adashima illustrations.

Shimamura

last edited at Oct 3, 2020 11:34AM

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Ohhh full volume is out nice, gonna finish this bad boy up can't wait.

I'm quite sad now we'll be stuck on waiting for years for releases ... Yeah i know it's the norm but this is my favorite Yuri series and it's gonna be quite sad just praying it doesn't take more then 2 years between releases.

Volume 9 is up soon though ! There's that lol.

Snake will you also translate that volume ?

joined Jan 25, 2017

When is volume 9 out, anyway?

To reply you must either login or sign up.