Forum › A Monster Wants to Eat Me discussion

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

cool, I love stories with plot

20200928_020352-min
joined Sep 8, 2020

This is the exactl plot of Appetite on Lezhin Comics except with the suicide character being female and the monster being whatever she is.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

shiori killed her parents, didn't she? but that would be obvious so i guess not

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

It seems to be a family suicide, no ?

880a1547-0d59-49f1-95ac-6b18ebe34a0d
joined Aug 10, 2020

who knows if shiori killed hinako’s parents what if some monsters did it
or maybe it was arson or any disaster

maybe the question of who or what killed her parents remains unanswered for now

last edited at Sep 29, 2020 12:59AM

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

If I am to guess, this monster is waiting for our protagonist to get past her depression and start caring about life again (hopefully by realizing that her friend who is always near her actually cares about her, and the two of them start becoming closer), and only then will decide the time is right to eat her.

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

nice plot, great art! looking forward to future chapters >:)

Well shit, I thought I was depressing. Hinako has got me beat

last edited at Sep 29, 2020 1:21AM by

This is depressingly good

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

is there an opposite to yandere? like someone who wants a yandere to kill them?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

is there an opposite to yandere? like someone who wants a yandere to kill them?

Suicidal?

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Chapter One: A monster wants to eat me

Chapter Ten: A monster wants to eat me out

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

If I am to guess, this monster is waiting for our protagonist to get past her depression and start caring about life again (hopefully by realizing that her friend who is always near her actually cares about her, and the two of them start becoming closer), and only then will decide the time is right to eat her.

Spot on, which is why I'll read the comments before every new chapter :'D
God life is depressing enough without tragic manga

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Our protag is going to be so embarrassed once she figures out what eat me really means.

last edited at Sep 29, 2020 3:22AM

joined Jul 4, 2018

‘Eat you’...
Lenny

F0c1c7ea6c0d24b021d03256f2c658f6
joined Oct 9, 2019

Ah yes...suicidal main character...

Vamoaver
joined Apr 16, 2013

"They also place livestock in stress free environments" proceeds to explain how she's going to eat her alive soon
On another note, this looks interesting and I would love to see it in anime format

joined Jul 25, 2020

I really like the art style

joined Dec 5, 2019

so her problem is that the monster doesn't want to eat her fast enough now

she should invite her to watch cooking shows, those always make me hungry

last edited at Sep 29, 2020 7:02AM

Yuriisthebestest
joined Sep 4, 2020

I miss this gud shit

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

I was curious so I looked it up and "beach women" (磯女, iso-onna) are indeed established in yokai folklore. Like how she's depicted, they're stealthy and use their prehensile hair to capture people to eat. (I'm reading they're also supposed to be conventionally attractive and sultry but artistic license and whatnot.) I'm looking forward to seeing what other obscure water yokai this series will involve.

last edited at Sep 29, 2020 9:24AM

joined Dec 5, 2018

what with her want to die but it have to be the mermaid the one who do it ? those two has nothing to do with it other ( but i guess choose to die under a beautifull girl is better eh )

joined Sep 17, 2020

Aaaaaa!!

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

what with her want to die but it have to be the mermaid the one who do it ? those two has nothing to do with it other ( but i guess choose to die under a beautifull girl is better eh )

I don't think she actually chose? that monster got her first and tried to eat her, but the mermaid "saved" her without her actually wanting to be saved, the mermaid just wanted to uhh protect her food i'd say :V

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I don't think she actually chose? that monster got her first and tried to eat her, but the mermaid "saved" her without her actually wanting to be saved, the mermaid just wanted to uhh protect her food i'd say :V

I think they meant at the end of chapter 2, where she decided not to just drown herself and wait a little longer for the mermaid to eat her. Just because someone's suicidal, doesn't mean they're always perfectly okay with it. Whether the issue is pain, lingering regrets, wanting to actually deal with your issues but being unable to shake the suicidal thoughts..

Sometimes, when you're depressed, you'll make excuses like this, to put it off a bit longer. She's clearly conflicted: wanting to die (it looked like because her family drowned too?) and be with them but part of her still wants a reason not to. Of course, sometimes being indecisive about being suicidal also makes you hate yourself more. Whether you think yourself a coward or just hate the indecisiveness in general. It's not a fun place to be.

That said, whether main character is eaten in the end or not, I'm fine either way. What I'm REALLY hoping for is some realistic, sympathetic looks at how people can struggle with, cope, and possibly overcome mental issues. A bad or stereotyped portrayal would probably kill this for me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.