Forum › Gunbured x Sisters discussion

joined Jul 23, 2017

Honestly, this just keeps getting better and better. That priest that looks like Jesus with a skull rod is just hillarious.
So Dorothy is from Spanish decent, no wonder she is so thicc.

How'd you know she's a Spanish decent?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Oh yeah, tomboy to complete the love triangle.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Pffft, that fridge drawing grade map.

joined May 1, 2015

Honestly, this just keeps getting better and better. That priest that looks like Jesus with a skull rod is just hillarious.

Her real name. It is not Italian even though that place is based on Rome.

Dolores Lily Alguen Cruz.

People from Spanish decent always have a middle name and a second last name.
I have two last names, one from my Dad, the other one from my Mum.

last edited at Aug 22, 2020 6:01PM

joined Jul 23, 2019

Her real name. It is not Italian even though that place is based on Rome.

Dolores Lily Alguen Cruz.

Dolores and Cruz are, indeed, very Spanish. Lily is English. As for "Alguen" I suspect they tried to write "Alguien" and mispelled it.

"Alguien" is Spanish for "Somebody" — and I think it's intended as a pun. (Lots of characters in fiction take the name "Nadie" which means "Nobody" so it wouldn't be strange if they tried to parody that.)

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Dorothy's name was actually kind of a pain to translate because it seems like the author wanted it to be Spanish/Italian but they seemingly misspelled it, so I had to do a bit of guess work with another translator who speaks Spanish.

If anyone wants to have a guess her name in Japanese is: ドロレス・リリィ・アルゲンクルス

Her last name is actually glued together in the original Japanese script but I know for a fact Cruz is always a separate name so I split it, because "alguencruz" isn't a real name.

last edited at Aug 22, 2020 6:37PM

joined May 1, 2015

Dorothy's name was actually kind of a pain to translate because it seems like the author wanted it to be Spanish/Italian but they seemingly misspelled it, so I had to do a bit of guess work with another translator who speaks Spanish.

Her last name is actually glued together in the original Japanese script but I know for a fact Cruz is always a separate name so I split it, because "alguencruz" isn't a real name.

That makes sense. Alguien Cruz has to be separated, otherwise it makes no sense as a last name.

Also "Cruz" is Spanish for "Cross" a religious object.
The name Lily can be used for both English and Spanish (Although, it has an English origin). I have friends named Lily and they are neither European or North American.

I also like how lily is a pun for "Yuri"

last edited at Aug 22, 2020 7:52PM

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

Cucked

Images__01
joined Nov 3, 2019

Lmao @ Dorothy's map!! I admittedly didn't expect her map to look like a grade schooler's drawing haha! Of course, I liked everything else in the chapter but this was definitely a highlight for me xD

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

LMFAO THE MAP

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

This is getting so good. I want more!!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

So the leader of one of the church elite groups is a petty shortsighted person who wants their mama complex to give them attention

The author is pretty effective at quietly establish how precarious life is for the Normal People

joined Mar 8, 2016

Your choice seems sound. "クルス" = "cross," so "Cruz" makes sense. I tried some derivations of and combinations with the first half but the best I could find was the Argen river, some unremarkable river in Germany. Or a manufacturer of dental amalgams.

Curious why you went with "Priest Marco" - "Father Marco" would be the correct address if Catholicism is the reference point.

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Curious why you went with "Priest Marco" - "Father Marco" would be the correct address if Catholicism is the reference point.

Honestly I think I just didn't make the association. With Shanon the pope used the English "brother" (ブラザー) so because I didn't see the English "father" I defaulted to priest since they used 司祭. I don't know much about Japanese Christian honorofic language. I might correct this later, though so far (chapter 11) it hasn't appeared again so I'm not too worried.

last edited at Aug 24, 2020 7:37PM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

The map cinched it. It was funny on multiple levels.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Shower scene was criminally short.

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Shower scene was criminally short.

I promise the next chapter will more than make up for it, look forward to it.

joined Feb 24, 2019

I am still thoroughly loving this series. It feels very Trigun but with lesbian nuns and vampires. I hope we get some more uniquely powered vampires to really test the sisters since the mooks are clearly never going to be a threat given how chapter 6 plays out.

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

Is this the second coming of Murcielago?

last edited at Aug 29, 2020 3:26PM

Mpw-62541
joined Sep 22, 2014

Your choice seems sound. "クルス" = "cross," so "Cruz" makes sense. I tried some derivations of and combinations with the first half but the best I could find was the Argen river, some unremarkable river in Germany. Or a manufacturer of dental amalgams.

i was reading this and notice:
アルゲンクルス=Arugencruz, this can translate as Argencruz (Argentun + Cruz) meaning Silver cross.

last edited at Aug 29, 2020 4:10PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

i was reading this and notice:
アルゲンクルス=Arugencruz, this can translate as Argencruz (Argentun + Cruz) meaning Silver cross.

Hey, that's actually really clever! Would have never crossed my mind that the author was using the Latin for silver, but that would totally fit thematically given the church's name.

I'll definitely consider changing the spelling in future chapters, and probably ask the typesetter to fix the previous chapter where it showed up.

Glad I posted this here lol.

last edited at Aug 29, 2020 4:20PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Smoking Hot Explosions

joined May 1, 2015

Nice. This series keeps getting better and better. I need more of Dorothy's thiccness, uhm I mean back story.
Rip motorcycle.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

So, "Absolute Justice" because Shanon is flat?

To reply you must either login or sign up.