Forum › The Feelings We All Must Endure discussion

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Are you talking about Erica from Lililicious? xD

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Eh... if youre basing your entire relationship solely on how much sex you do/don't have. then it's not a relationship.

But that wasn't what happened on the chapter, Asuma did her best to make things work looking for alternatives to her needs but the only thing I got from fue was "everything is a drag, let me alone. I wanna sleep" It was only until Meru faced her that she took the initiative and even then, her actions showed that she wasn't enterely convinced by it.

People is different and that is what it makes relationship so wonderful but both parties need to make the effort for it, with how apatetic Fue is on those chapters is a wonder that Asuma didn't break with her on the spot.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Eh... if youre basing your entire relationship solely on how much sex you do/don't have. then it's not a relationship.

But that wasn't what happened on the chapter, Asuma did her best to make things work looking for alternatives to her needs but the only thing I got from fue was "everything is a drag, let me alone. I wanna sleep" It was only until Meru faced her that she took the initiative and even then, her actions showed that she wasn't enterely convinced by it.

People is different and that is what it makes relationship so wonderful but both parties need to make the effort for it, with how apatetic Fue is on those chapters is a wonder that Asuma didn't break with her on the spot.

But she did put in effort when Meru threatened her relationship... they even compromised in the end.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

OrangePekoe dies of laughter

I'm going to nominate that for post of the year. Seriously, good job (lol).

joined May 1, 2013

It's weird to me so many people are wanting to blame someone for these characters' relationship strife and break-ups. The whole point of this series seems to be the author taking on a challenge of having very extreme characters (they're based on the seven deadly sins, for god's sake) with honest and believable emotions. There's no way some of these combinations are going to work, so it's strange that people are getting angry at some of them.

joined Aug 13, 2014

I just want Ruki and Sacchan to end up together... ):

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

OrangePekoe dies of laughter

I'm going to nominate that for post of the year. Seriously, good job (lol).

I'm glad I could make someone laugh... ^///^

joined Aug 13, 2014

It says on Baka updates that the series is complete? is this true?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

That's great if it's true, there are less chance of overly excessive drama =D

last edited at Oct 28, 2014 5:26PM

joined Jul 8, 2013

There are really just no likeable character in this series are there? Like Maasa is the only one with potential likeability but she just has SO FUCKING LITTLE TO DO IN THIS STORY that I just don't actually know.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

As likeable charactere there is Ruki too, she's quite cute and not messed up

last edited at Oct 28, 2014 7:45PM

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I don't even .... I don't understand why do fue think sex is a bothersome thing like do ppl like that in even exist XD

My best friend, who is also a lesbian, is like that. Like she doesn't or actually, never, think about sex. And we are already 19. All she want to do with her girlfriend is to spend time together cuddling. Like she doesn't even think about sleeping together in the same bed. I don't know if she's just pure or she's really doesn't want to do things like that. While I'm like the opposite XD I don't know how's her girlfriend though.
I don't know if relationships like that would work out in real life. But Asuna and Fue's break up is totally understandable here, because even if they had compromised, there's still a limit to how much you can handle it.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yes, the volume being scanlated now is the last.

Dynasty
joined Apr 18, 2013

Sachi seems more and more like a heterosexual to me. And it's not because she had a boyfriend in the past (she could still be bisexual or even lesbian, because she was just confused), but because she somehow seems really cold towards Ruki - there is no passion from her at all, she actually kinda reminds me of my ex, who was also het, but somehow went with the flow with me (I have some nice memories, but in the end it was a complete disaster :D). Also asexual people exist and are not even so rare, but I don't think, it is possible for an asexual person to have a relationship with someone who is hypersexual. An asexual person and ordinary person- they can probably compromise, but in Asuna and Fue's case it's just impossible.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

I don't even .... I don't understand why do fue think sex is a bothersome thing like do ppl like that in even exist XD

My best friend, who is also a lesbian, is like that. Like she doesn't or actually, never, think about sex. And we are already 19. All she want to do with her girlfriend is to spend time together cuddling. Like she doesn't even think about sleeping together in the same bed. I don't know if she's just pure or she's really doesn't want to do things like that. While I'm like the opposite XD I don't know how's her girlfriend though.
I don't know if relationships like that would work out in real life. But Asuna and Fue's break up is totally understandable here, because even if they had compromised, there's still a limit to how much you can handle it.

It's called asexuality/gray-sexuality. Google it! :)

You can be homo or hetero or pan/bi romantic asexuals/gray-sexuals. It took me so long to realize this about Fue and I'm really glad to see a character like this represented.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

People keep saying Fue is asexual, but I'm not so sure that's actually the case. I think it's more that she's really depressed, in the clinical sense. To quote Wikipedia "Both DSM-IV-TR and ICD-10 mark out typical (main) depressive symptoms. ICD-10 defines three typical depressive symptoms (depressed mood, anhedonia, and reduced energy), two of which should be present to determine depressive disorder diagnosis."

EVERYTHING is a bother for her, eating, being with the person she cares about, not being with the person she cares about, being awake, sleeping, going on vacation... The list goes on. So, there's anhedonia.

She seems to have no energy or drive and is constantly falling asleep, even at inappropriate times. That would be a lack of energy.

Finally, her internal monologue was pretty gloomy, which would be a depressed mood.

Three out of three, get this girl some anti-depressants. The anhedonia, on it's own, would account for the lack of sex drive, though the low energy wouldn't help, so there's no reason to posit asexuality. Actually, depending on how you read it, pg.29 in chapter 00 could be her saying that glasses (I have forgotten her name) turns her on, which would also count against her being asexual. For those who don't want to search, I'm talking about the second speech bubble on the right of the following page: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_feelings_we_all_must_endure_ch00#31

last edited at Oct 29, 2014 12:52AM

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

I have agree with the above post about Fue. She definitely seems depressed. It's kind of painful to watch how none of her friends even seem to be aware of her unhealthy mental state.

Fue could be depressed AND asexual too though.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

People keep saying Fue is asexual, but I'm not so sure that's actually the case. I think it's more that she's really depressed, in the clinical sense. To quote Wikipedia "Both DSM-IV-TR and ICD-10 mark out typical (main) depressive symptoms. ICD-10 defines three typical depressive symptoms (depressed mood, anhedonia, and reduced energy), two of which should be present to determine depressive disorder diagnosis."

EVERYTHING is a bother for her, eating, being with the person she cares about, not being with the person she cares about, being awake, sleeping, going on vacation... The list goes on. So, there's anhedonia.

She seems to have no energy or drive and is constantly falling asleep, even at inappropriate times. That would be a lack of energy.

Finally, her internal monologue was pretty gloomy, which would be a depressed mood.

Omega, interesting hypothosis. never though of depression. hmmm, more food for thought.

Actually, depending on how you read it, pg.29 in chapter 00 could be her saying that glasses (I have forgotten her name) turns her on, which would also count against her being asexual. For those who don't want to search, I'm talking about the second speech bubble on the right of the following page: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_feelings_we_all_must_endure_ch00#31

here I believe I will have to disagree with you. let's take that whole conversation into context. first, they are talking about their "relationship" and how Fue-chan really feels about Asuna. In all the bubbles, there are two ways in which we can read it (I read it three ways, but I'm probably blowing a bunch of smoke out my @@@ with the 3rd reading). never the less, here they are:

Bubble1: "It's hard for me too y'know."
Bubble2: "I like you so much and you turn me on."
Non-bubble: If I say this, i might as well say good bye to my peaceful days.
Bubble: ... just bear with it.
Non-bubble2: But

Given this dialogue, it is not 100% who is saying what, but let's play devil's advocate.

1.) Dialogue bubbles belong to Fue: she could be turned on by Asuna, but still not want to engage in sex. But for the sake of argument, she does (and did). The next morning, Fue says, "I don't really get why people want to do this so much." As I have been learning, asexuality can be more than sex. OK, so for Fue-chan, sex is not big on her lists of TODOs, and just because she had sex with Asuna does not mean that she really isn't asexual. Verdict: mixed, but possibly leaning towards asexuality.

2.) Dialogue bubbles belongs to Asuna, non-bubbles belong to Fue-chan: Fue in an attempt to appease Asuna, sleeps with her, then the next morning vocally confirms what she was silently thinking in the non-bubble dialogue above. However, she does say that she doesn't mind sleeping with Asuna, just not often. She is willing to have sex, but infrequently and with no one else but Asuna. Again, leans heavily towards asexuality. Verdict: asexual, but possibly mixed due to the caveat - sex is not interesting, but Asuna would be the one exception, and that would be on a limited timeframe.

3.) Rehash of premise #1, but let's take into consideration your hypothosis that Fue-chan is depressed. A medical condition masks her true feelings and gives the impression that Fue-chan is either asexual, disinterested in sex in general, or does not want to have sex with Asuna, but is willing to do it anyway (whether it was to appease Asuna, try it out once, or <fill-in-the-bkank-here>). Verdict: asexual due to depression, but mixed because we do not know how Fue-chan would react if she were not in a state of depression.

My overall conclusion? IMHO, asexual, but from the points listed above, I recognize that it is an open issue, therefore inconclusive because context matters. It matters from the point of dialogue, it matters from the point of whether Fue-chan is depressed or not, and it matters from the point of whether she sees sex as a function of the relationship or as an other-ness that is tolerable, but only in limited quantities.

But this is my humble opinion, and I always try to keep an open mind. I do hope this part of the story is revisited, and we get a little more clarification into what is really going on with Fue-chan. Also, I'd like to understand why Asuna is so hyper sexual. Because when you think about it, as much as Fue-chan is "non-sexual," Asuna is very much the opposite.

last edited at Oct 29, 2014 2:24AM

joined Oct 29, 2014

Okay.... I'm confused.... In what chapter did Sacchan and ruki have sex? Because I feel like I missed something... Or maybe it's just that the chapters don't flow together right

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

Okay.... I'm confused.... In what chapter did Sacchan and ruki have sex? Because I feel like I missed something... Or maybe it's just that the chapters don't flow together right

Most of the Ruki/Sacchan relationship developments happened offscreen. They say during chapter 10 that it's already been one year since the events of chapters 4-5.

I think it's more that she's really depressed, in the clinical sense

I have to agree with that as well. I don't know what the author was aiming for, but Fue's lack of interest in everything, general apathy and sleeping pattern seem pathological.

joined Jan 8, 2014

This series....anyone here who can give a 10 line summary because ive pretty much forgotten what all...and add to that im not wanting to re-read...that says something...
I dunno with so much constant drama I mustve disconnected or lost any feeling of connection with these stories...except maybe the charactr who sends the multiple "bored" msgs out...I can relate to that lol :p

last edited at Oct 29, 2014 4:05AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Three out of three, get this girl some anti-depressants. The anhedonia, on it's own, would account for the lack of sex drive, though the low energy wouldn't help, so there's no reason to posit asexuality. Actually, depending on how you read it, pg.29 in chapter 00 could be her saying that glasses (I have forgotten her name) turns her on, which would also count against her being asexual. For those who don't want to search, I'm talking about the second speech bubble on the right of the following page: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_feelings_we_all_must_endure_ch00#31

The conversation is clear, the two first bubble are from Asuna et the last from Fue. Asuna say that Fue turn her on et Fue say to bear with it. So no, for me there are no sign of sexuality from Fue

For the medical thing... you're going too far for me, I wonder if the author was even thinking about that x)

last edited at Oct 29, 2014 7:48AM

Sachi seems more and more like a heterosexual to me. And it's not because she had a boyfriend in the past (she could still be bisexual or even lesbian, because she was just confused), but because she somehow seems really cold towards Ruki - there is no passion from her at all, she actually kinda reminds me of my ex, who was also het, but somehow went with the flow with me (I have some nice memories, but in the end it was a complete disaster :D). Also asexual people exist and are not even so rare, but I don't think, it is possible for an asexual person to have a relationship with someone who is hypersexual. An asexual person and ordinary person- they can probably compromise, but in Asuna and Fue's case it's just impossible.

I'm not sure if Sacchi is stright, lesbian, or bisexual yet, but I think her past relationship is affecting her more than anything. Sacchi also has very low self esteem and thinks she isn't worthy of Ruki's love even believing that there is someone much better for Ruki out there. She also doesn't seem to have much hope in their relationship anyways like saying how Ruki will calm down if Sacchi just lets Ruki "do her" as if that's all Ruki wants from her. Bottom line is Sacchi has written off the relationship before it can really go somewhere and she's keeping a distance by acting cold to protect her own feelings. She is happy the Ruki is serious about her though so maybe there is hope for them, but to be honest I don't really like Sacchi right now because as they are she's just stringing Ruki along and she needs to be honest I also get this feeling that at some point Sacchi is going to cheat on Ruki.

I do hope they get together though or at least for Sacchi to understand herself and be happy. Right now I could see her telling Ruki that she's really not into girl or I could also see Sacchi coming to fully falling in love with Ruki. Right now it could go either way.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

How about I put the pin on this argument since people seem to not understand a couple things.

People aren't carnal animals. We don't simply want to have sex and only sex all the time. Asuna has a lot of urges and doesn't know how to control them, Fue wants the relationship to not have to center around it. That's the difference. One puts sex in the center, the other doesn't. We don't know how Fue would be if Asuna was more platonic and didn't demand it all the time, so we can't make a judgment call on whether she wants to have sex or not.

And quite honestly asexuality has a whole lotta buzz for a whole lotta nothing. Okay, someone doesn't feel any need to have sex. Big whoop. Love and lust are two different words for a reason, which is saying something since the English language is hella starved of words to describe types of love in the first place. So please quit arguing semantics that doesn't change anything about the dynamic of the people involved in the first place.

I stand by my points from earlier that I was disappointed overall with the hole the author dug themselves into with this relationship, but whether or not they wanted to have sex was not what broke them apart (for now). What shattered the relationship was Asuna wanting sex in the center and unable to cope with her desires when it wasn't, and Fue not wanting it in the center and unable to speak and be open with Asuna about her thoughts on the matter.

last edited at Oct 29, 2014 3:47PM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

truncating the response for brevity.

How about I put the pin on this argument since people seem to not understand a couple things.

argument. ummm, ok. tamest argument if ever there was one.

People aren't carnal animals. We don't simply want to have sex and only sex all the time...

Animals are carnal. people are animals. the difference is whether we act on those desires or not. that said, our discussion was a long winded version of what you were getting at. as for the sexuality bit, shrugs, OK, big whoop. again, the discussion (symantically challenged or not) was about understanding the differences between Asuna and Fue.

I stand by my points from earlier that I was disappointed overall with the hole the author dug themselves into with this relationship, but whether or not they wanted to have sex was not what broke them apart (for now)...

very good. please stand by your points as they are as valid as anyone else's.

now, if you really wanted to ask everyone to can this discussion and move on, wouldn't it have been easier to do that than post this long tirade about what "really" is going on in 'your' opinion? would have saved you a lot of typing...

also, I am going to apologize to you if this ticks you off. it is not an attack on you. your response just sounded a little preachy and authoritarian like your response is the only valid one and we all should just shut up. now if this is a misrepresentation and mischaracterization of your reply, then I humbly apologize. if not, then make of this post what you will.

To reply you must either login or sign up.