Forum › The Mysterious Kamiura-san discussion

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

I am surprised by the fact that arrange marriage are still a thing in places like Japan, granted only a small percent, but still. So everytime I read a manga like this, my mind goes "wait people still have arranged marriage in country like japan", before rembering, " yes, yes they do".

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That's ....all ? Not gonna lie, that fall flat. Ir almost feel like there is a sequel somewhere. I thought Kamiura was more cunning than that.

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

Sequel or we riot.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

I am surprised by the fact that arrange marriage are still a thing in places like Japan

It's often not stated to be 'arranged marriage.' We even have it in the West, where wealthy families of common interests 'nudge' the kids together.

This does kinda feel like a first chapter... hope we see more.

joined Feb 24, 2019

I like the set-up, but it would be nice to see it actually go somewhere. Regardless I always appreciate Takeshisu's art.

joined Apr 22, 2018

Rlly like today's takeshisu's art and all his one shot doujin characters

joined Jun 21, 2018

I see potential in this. It really deserves a sequel or full fledged series.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I see potential in this. It really deserves a sequel or full fledged series.

a sequel maybe, but I'm not sure a full fledged series would make an impact. Kamiura-san isn't trying to fall in love with Sasagawa, so it's not like there would be much of a story there other than them meeting up to have sex or their normal daily interactions, and that would get boring after a chapter or two.

last edited at Aug 8, 2020 3:12PM

joined Jul 28, 2015

I am surprised by the fact that arrange marriage are still a thing in places like Japan, granted only a small percent, but still. So everytime I read a manga like this, my mind goes "wait people still have arranged marriage in country like japan", before rembering, " yes, yes they do".

I don’t think mangas usually accurately depict what’s currently true in mainstream Japan.

In the 1960s, a survey analysis reported that 40.7 percent of all marriages were arranged in the manner mentioned above, and 57.0 percent were a freely made decision or love-oriented marriage. The rate of arranged marriage in a 1980s survey dropped to 22.8 percent for arranged marriages and rose to 71.8 percent for love-oriented marriages.

So yeah, the numbers change in that trend. It’s true that 0% arranged marriage probably isn’t the case right now though. But it’s not to the point where you see it often in mainstream media. And it’s not just Japan either—arranged marriages happen in Europe, South Asia, United States etc. In conclusion, whether it’s a developing or developed countries, arranged marriages still happen

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Itadakimasu.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

From a quick glance at Takeshisu's Pixiv, it doesn't seem that there's a sequel to this. It's too bad - I would've liked to see where this goes.

Img_20200523_003304
joined Mar 6, 2020

I hate sm arranged marriage

last edited at Aug 8, 2020 7:01PM

joined Sep 6, 2018

Keep going! This would be a good soapy soap opera.

joined Nov 21, 2016

That last (cover?) page is gorgeous.

joined Mar 8, 2016

What gets called/translated as "arranged marriage" isnt exactly what you may be envisioning. It's not like the pair were committed at birth to marry, or the woman sold off or forced into it. It's more of a formal, old-fashioned matchmaking system. The couple still gets a say but there is familial pressure to acquiesce to candidates with the "proper" qualities - lineage, money, etc. with little or no emphasis on "love" or attraction. And certainly no concern over whether either person might be non cishet - it's all about securing the family name and making babies.

Given that marriage at its root is a legal construct and historically somewhat of a business partnership (the running of a family) it's perhaps not too surprising that these types of marriages do tend to actually be "successful" in terms of staying together (matching people of similar social standing and goals). But I'm guessing the caveat in that is a lot of blind-eye-turning to infidelities or just finding love and social fulfillment other places (job, friends).

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

"They went camping" killed me

Animepfp
joined Jul 22, 2020

what happened to customer lady tho?

Screenshot_277
joined Aug 31, 2017

what happened to customer lady tho?

I was about to ask the same question.
they simply forgot about her existence or this is some kinda of double cheating two-timer bonus? i dunno

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

like 20 pages too short

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

This felt like series.... We can only pray

yep,in ours it's really common,in fact almost every marriage is arranged...as in "love marriage" is seen as a bad thing in our country

Psx_20210526_201147
joined Jun 5, 2019

if marriage is forced then there is no cheating at all, period

last edited at Jan 19, 2021 12:13PM

Img_20200523_003304
joined Mar 6, 2020

if marriage is forced then there is no cheating at all, period

Exactly

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

I like how this story sort of depicts crushing on someone that seems a lot more mature than you and far away, but then getting closer to them and seeing they have the same messy desires as you.

joined May 30, 2022

Wanna her husband and son go to die

To reply you must either login or sign up.