Forum › Come Rain or Shine discussion

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

I like where this is going. I mean, it’s kind of a lot, “turns out Nekozaki’s being investigated for murder” isn’t what I thought was going to happen, but I can see it. (And I’m glad that teacher like, has a reason to spy on them and isn’t just a complete creep, setting aside that she’s also dating her student—is she doing that just to get closer to Nekozaki? That’s still creepy.) There’s always been an air of dark mystery around her family—if you go back and look, this sort of revelation was set up pretty well. And combined with her emotional issues, I wonder what it’s all leading up to. I wonder what happened.

I like that the Shōwa records club got some more characterization.

Also, did anyone notice that that listening device is a flapjack octopus cell phone charm? I wonder if it’s a reference to Bloom Into You.

joined Jun 12, 2019

Well this took a turn..

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

This new season of True Detective is wild

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Oh okay, that was something.

Me probably thinking it's more than Nekosaki think it's her fault that her dad died more than she really kill him. Unless we really take that dark of a turn in the story.But why a teacher should be the one investigating that ? And what, did you think Nekozaki gonna talk about that to her roomate or a friend, "Oh yeah, did i mention i kill my father ?Ohman, what a great time."

Not to mention, she (supposedly) already said she did it. What's the bugging for? If a child's word is enough to bring charges against them, you already have the material you need. If it's not, what good is listening to them say more stuff going to do? This 'plot twist' is utterly bizarre.

joined Dec 30, 2018

Me probably thinking it's more than Nekosaki think it's her fault that her dad died more than she really kill him. Unless we really take that dark of a turn in the story.But why a teacher should be the one investigating that ? And what, did you think Nekozaki gonna talk about that to her roomate or a friend, "Oh yeah, did i mention i kill my father ?Ohman, what a great time."

Not to mention, she (supposedly) already said she did it. What's the bugging for? If a child's word is enough to bring charges against them, you already have the material you need. If it's not, what good is listening to them say more stuff going to do? This 'plot twist' is utterly bizarre.

Shhhhh don't question manga logic

joined Aug 21, 2017

Same feeling as going to watch a movie and it suddenly switches genre

joined Jan 14, 2020

Or every four episodes of Shin Sekai Yori.

joined Jul 1, 2018

Shinsekai Yori is one of my favorite anime, but... yeah.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Dumbass teacher has never heard of survivor's guilt. Also, this reboot is just worse than the original with this attempt to shoehorn in unnecessary drama.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Also, this reboot is just worse than the original with this attempt to shoehorn in unnecessary drama.

I mean for what i heard, the original had Penguin planning to commit Suicide for unclear reason by jumping of an abandonned building rooftop and Shishimaru stopped her. Talk about drama.

last edited at Jul 29, 2020 8:25AM

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

Also, this reboot is just worse than the original with this attempt to shoehorn in unnecessary drama.

I mean for what i heard, the original had Penguin planning to commit Suicide for unclear reason by jumping of an abandonned building rooftop and Shishimaru stopped her. Talk about drama.

Wow, really? That would’ve been an even more stark jump in tone. I guess there are ways to play that more comedically, but like... still. Where’d you hear that?

last edited at Jul 29, 2020 11:57AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Wow, really? That would’ve been an even more stark jump in tone. I guess there are ways to play that more comedically, but like... still. Where’d you hear that?

Here

joined Jan 14, 2020

Shinsekai Yori is one of my favorite anime, but... yeah.

Hey, that was part of the roller coaster ride!

(I keep wanting to pun Shinsekai Yuri)

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

Here

Ahh. I know it’s already been rebooted, but I hope the rest of the old series gets translated. I think it’s different enough to warrant it

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Why is any of this happening

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Here

Oh that's interesting. The thread says that it was the opposite though, Shishimaru was going to commit suicide for unknown reasons, and she stopped because she took an interest in middle-school, ojou-sama Pengin.

last edited at Jul 29, 2020 7:32PM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I dunno, I'm still not feeling the reboot. The quicker jump into romance is nice, but I miss the comedy, and I REALLY miss Pengin's original longer punk hairstyle with less black.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Here

Oh that's interesting. The thread says that it was the opposite though, Shishimaru was going to commit suicide for unknown reasons, and she stopped because she took an interest in middle-school, ojou-sama Pengin.

How the hell did i manage to misread that bad ?

indexoutofbounds
48462207_p0_master1200%20michairu%20yuuki%20yuuna%20togo%20kiss%20cropped%20avatar%20small
joined Nov 16, 2017

penguin and her lover shishimaru really reminds me of Ran and Moca

joined Jul 28, 2015

Am I the only one who’s a fan of the switch-up? I mean, it’s not sudden at all—Nekozaki has had problems since the first chapter. We even had her trembling when she was talking about her feelings. I am just wondering how everyone else is going to handle it.

More than anything, I am very excited lol

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm just waiting to see how it all plays out.

joined Jul 25, 2020

Dat kish was so sudden.. ●ω●

Fo6gewav_400x400
joined Feb 1, 2020

Oh dang we're in x games mode now

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

i'm not so sure how i feel about the whole nekozaki's mysterious past thing, but otherwise this series is super adorable. such a cute kiss! thanks for the chapter <3

To reply you must either login or sign up.