Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Raising the expectation bars? ;D

All I can say is that Non slighlty changed her art style in volume 8 and the illustrations are very beautiful.

Ohh, but for me, nothing tops volume 7 art. They were so beautiful.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Oh leave for a week and come back to a finished volume, thank you gods.

Idk if I should be happy we're catching up to the series with next volume and everyone that has read it has nothing but praise for it or super sad that we're gonna be left in that despairing state of limbo of just having to wait for a new volume to be released and then translated ....

A mixture of both is the real answer I guess, damn when was volume 8 released ? Last year right ... And there's still no news about volume 9 aside from those tweets from April it might drop in the summer but with everything going on ......

I'm just worried it'll start to take 2+ years between volumes like with volume 7 to 8.

Welp that's the path of light novel readers I guess, just waiting, I can't find any other Yuri light novels either so this is gonna be a long ass and very painful wait.

joined Jul 24, 2020

I really love this novel but I wish if adachi would act more cool and stable I mean she was at first and she made shimamura blush a couple of times but now she's just shimamura's dog and I kinda hate that, and I hope that the girl who liked watching adachi in middle school can make a come back in the story and make shimamura jealous, I've had enough of seeing adachi all shaken would be great to see shimamura all jealous and possisseive too

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

-- clears throat--

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Volume 8!!!!!
Thanks so much sneikk and team.
So happy and sad at the same time.

joined Oct 9, 2019

Great first chapter

Jarnan
joined Sep 18, 2017

Well now, here’s a contentious issue. What is the proper plural of ‘jack-in-a-box’? ‘Jacks-in-boxes’?

joined Jul 13, 2014

Shimamura household is the best.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well now, here’s a contentious issue. What is the proper plural of ‘jack-in-a-box’? ‘Jacks-in-boxes’?

I believe the proper plural is in fact "jacks-in--the-box", much like the proper plural, for example, for more than one mother-in-law is "mothers-in-law", but it's one of those words that isn't often used plurally so can look funky. Usually to avoid the funky I try to rephrase to use just the singular "Jack-in-the-box" but eh, whatever. lol

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

This is a summary of “what happened” in this chapter : They are going to go on a trip. Shimamura went home first, talk with her family, then go meet Adachi the next morning at airport.
BUT WHY is this chapter sooo great and able to bring me joy every pages? The moment when Shimamura talk with her mom, Yashiro, her sister, and Adachi, or what she thought when she saw something, every moment is beautiful and enjoyable. This is indeed a mystery to me.
Now, my day is better. I don’t know what to say but thank you, to both translators and Iruma-sensei.

joined Oct 5, 2016

I kinda wish Yashiro had grown up, her just being a little kid forever is a little tough on little sister, lol

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hello! I have a question~ I only read the manga so it's not about spoilers but every time I see the frontpage with an update of the novel, it says "Chapter 01" again, why's that? is like there were multiple novels

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Hello! I have a question~ I only read the manga so it's not about spoilers but every time I see the frontpage with an update of the novel, it says "Chapter 01" again, why's that? is like there were multiple novels

It's because it's a new volume. The chapter numbers restart with each new volume. We are now currently on the first chapter of volume 8, which is the last volume published so far, which means once we finish this next few chapters of this volume, there will be no more releases until a new volume debuts. That's rumored to supposedly be happening this summer sometime but nothing solid so far.

Also, read the LN, not just the manga, ya turkey. ~_^ You get so much more detail about the characters and their thoughts and motivations and feelings.

Awe how things change but also don't change at the same time, the duality of time. Gotta say tho that one preview for a chapter had me dying, I've not seen/known anyone to get caught in a yuri manga or irl, taking a picture of their crush/SO. Wonder how Adachi got caught taking a picture, well probably cause she made it so obvious lmao, standing up and all with Shimamura not all that asleep, it was too cute, shoot everything was as always, especially the moment with Shimamura and her mom, her mom being so expressive with her. And the underwear incident lmao, they share food, utilities, snores and yawns, why not add underwear to that.
Thanks again for translation to the whole team.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

shadesofgreymoon posted:

It's because it's a new volume. The chapter numbers restart with each new volume. We are now currently on the first chapter of volume 8, which is the last volume published so far, which means once we finish this next few chapters of this volume, there will be no more releases until a new volume debuts. That's rumored to supposedly be happening this summer sometime but nothing solid so far.

Also, read the LN, not just the manga, ya turkey. ~_^ You get so much more detail about the characters and their thoughts and motivations and feelings.

Oooh thank you thank you! that reminds me of one manga (I think it was vampire knight) where the fansub decided that it would be great to mark the chapters as 01 again when they started each new volume and I thought "OMG the updates are so far behind!!" ... how dumb I was back then.

Also

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

Thanks for the translation and I appreciate it a lot...
But at this point it feels like the author just wants to prolong the series by adding filler chapters instead of continuing where he left off the story. I‘m not sure for how long I‘m gonna keep following this, if it keeps up like this.
Judging the next chapters’ titles, I‘m not quite sure how much of it is just fillers, sounds like a good portion of them.

last edited at Jul 26, 2020 12:09PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Judging the next chapters’ titles, I‘m not quite sure how much of it is just fillers, sounds like a good portion of them.

How so? Judging by the titles we should now return to the school trip mentioned in this chapter, which should certainly not be filler. Then some side couple stuff, which I wouldn't consider filler either, even if some readers don't seem to care for them. And again back to the school trip. The last chapter does probably follow the first again, judging by the title, but unlike the what if chapters of the previous volumes, I wouldn't really even consider these flash forwards filler. And with Yashiro's comments in this one, even those what if chapters became an important part connected to the actual story.

And on another note, that was the other Yashiro on TV, right?

last edited at Jul 26, 2020 1:08PM

Read_AdaShima
joined Jul 18, 2020

For me, the LN has been having the same pattern since Volume 4.
- Chapter 01 - not directly related to main content but still important chapter
- Chapter 02 and 03 - main contents
- Chapter 04 - Epilogue of main content
- between Ch 02 and 03 one Yashiro/Shou chapter or one Hino/Nagafuji chapter
- between Ch 03 and 04 whichever pair wasn't chosen to be bonus chapter
So this volume have no more filler than previous volume for me. And most filler chapters are good to read too.

last edited at Jul 26, 2020 1:18PM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

After volume 7, the next volume was released after more than 2 and half years later. That was the most difficult time for Adashima fans; Mani's manga was canceled, Iruma-sensei rarely posted anything adashima related and it really felt like adashima was going to get cancelled anytime.
And then...

AND THEN

Iruma-sensei gave us volume 8. No spoilers of course, but it was the kind of volume that you didn't mind waiting for 10 years till the next book is released.

Just straight up spoil me bro

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I wonder if the idea now will be to keep alternating between the high school years and adulthood, even in future volumes. Would be weird to have this non-what if flash forward and never follow up on it beyond the trip.

Yashiro can read minds, enter dreams and have knowledge of alternate realities, she's straight-up a god.

joined Oct 16, 2019

How so? Judging by the titles we should now return to the school trip mentioned in this chapter, which should certainly not be filler. Then some side couple stuff, which I wouldn't consider filler either, even if some readers don't seem to care for them. And again back to the school trip. The last chapter does probably follow the first again, judging by the title, but unlike the what if chapters of the previous volumes, I wouldn't really even consider these flash forwards filler. And with Yashiro's comments in this one, even those what if chapters became an important part connected to the actual story.

I‘m not sure, I mean this journey stuff could also imply the continuation of the future trip, the way they boarded the plane and it ends just there. But it‘s hard to tell when 4/6 chapters have the term "Journey" in there, it just sounds like it‘s all the same thing.
I hardly care about the side characters, to be blunt, I don‘t find any of them interesting enough to read about them, whether it’s the bonus chapters after each regular chapter or actual chapters dedicated to them. To me everything is a filler that doesn‘t serve plot, character information or development related to the actual story that is going on, which is AdaShima‘s relationship progression in their highschool years. It‘s already enough that they(NagaHino/Yashiro) have the last 20 pages of most chapters dedicated to them, they are hardly ever important to the progression of the story, when they aren‘t assisting the main characters in stuff that‘s related to one another right now. And about Yashiro... there‘s nothing really that I need to say about her.

But I guess I just make myself unpopular with this opinion.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

After volume 7, the next volume was released after more than 2 and half years later. That was the most difficult time for Adashima fans; Mani's manga was canceled, Iruma-sensei rarely posted anything adashima related and it really felt like adashima was going to get cancelled anytime.
And then...

AND THEN

Iruma-sensei gave us volume 8. No spoilers of course, but it was the kind of volume that you didn't mind waiting for 10 years till the next book is released.

Just straight up spoil me bro

Oh, just read... We're already getting this volume right now wit the first chapter out today.

joined Jan 25, 2017

I for one emphatically do not consider flash-forwards to AdaShima being adorable and domestic and nostalgic to be anything resembling "filler" - that shit is very much The Reason I Am Here lol

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Yeah, how is it filler when it gives a glimpse into how the main story progresses? It even past-foreshadows things like Yashiro likely sneaking into their high school trip.

joined Oct 16, 2019

Welp whatever

To reply you must either login or sign up.