Forum › I Wouldn't Mind Being Loved discussion

joined Jan 14, 2015

So glad to see a manga about sex work and not having it be about saving people from it or needing to escape.

And yes, sex work is a really complicated subject for a lot of reasons, but all the people I know are very happy with autonomy.

minagi mikoto
joined Nov 14, 2014

Even though I hate prostitution in real life, this was a very sweet manga. Sasuga Amano-sensei <3

Img_20180624_114210_213
joined May 17, 2018

Lots of confusing but looks good so I'll read it

Machi_12696
joined Feb 2, 2020

Que será que será...

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

Didn't know this board was so ass-blasted about prostitution, kinda cringe. There's literally nothing wrong with it

joined Jul 26, 2016

Didn't know this board was so ass-blasted about prostitution, kinda cringe. There's literally nothing wrong with it

At least the impression I've gotten is the bulk of the users are Amerifatsfrom the US which should explain that quite plentifully.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Oh, this is the same author as Ayame 14. She definitely pushes into more taboo topics like polyamory, masturbation, and now prostitution. I think that's a good thing though. The whole lesbian experience is more than just two girls who meet and fall in love and the manga ends when they get together. Sure, not EVERY lesbian sleeps around or does all that, but it is nice to see people from all walks of life be represented.

This is exactly why I respect Shuninta Amano so much. She doesn't just deconstruct Story A, she flies right past it and doesn't even slow down to look back at it as it blows up in her wake.

last edited at Jul 10, 2020 8:23AM

Fang%20lightning
joined Jan 31, 2013

In quite a few panels Ryou looked an awful lot like Hina from Kindres Spirits on the Roof.

My thoughts exactly.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That's just your opinion

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I don't have a problem with ethical prostitution I just find casual sex boring to read about and have zero interest in it as the basis of a story.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

At least the impression I've gotten is the bulk of the users are Amerifatsfrom the US which should explain that quite plentifully.

Climb out of your own ass dude.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

joined Jul 26, 2016

Climb out of your own ass dude.

Don't try to pretend the sensational-moralistic tone in which the subjectis primarily (if not nigh exclusively) publicly discussed there, and the country's quite ludicrous double standard in all things sexual in general, isn't relevant.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah, but nobody likes to hear their country being criticized by foreigners. It's a recipe for a flamewar.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

This story is so Amano-Shuninta-like. I don't know what to expect really.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Ohh No, this is gonna be a real roller coaster, im not ready

Screenshot_277
joined Aug 31, 2017

Shuninta RULES
can't think about any work from her that don't make me at least laugh

THIS

She's probably my favorite author. I think people are disappointed that not all the characters are good people or that there is just a lot of amoral sexual energy. Well, if I want a happy heartwarming yuri story there are plenty of other authors. She's dirty and not shy about it, even her happy fluffy stuff is dirty. Give me some realistically horny stories rather than some chaste thing where they take several volumes to kiss!

hell yeah
I really like how she work in 'non-pure' themes with such natural way. without the black-white morality, mature but not over-dramatic.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Yeah, but nobody likes to hear their country being criticized by foreigners. It's a recipe for a flamewar."

How about being criticized by compatriots?

Criticism or not, it's a fact that sex work is illegal in the US to a degree nearly unique among developed countries. Like our drinking age of 21 or the lack of universal health care or the lack of decent public transit or our increasingly constrained children, it's natural for Americans to think that's "natural", but in fact we're a massive outlier.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

I'm in.

Hacker's voice?
Same. Interesting premise, and I tend to like the author.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yeah, but nobody likes to hear their country being criticized by foreigners. It's a recipe for a flamewar.

I could care less when their weird hang-ups are the likely proximate cause for the public nuisance under discussion that everyone else duly has to put up with.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

"America" is not a "country", it is simply an economic union of several warlords. It's federal laws only exist to empower whichever warlord is in power currently, and they have no qualms of allowing mass civilian casualties like 9/11 to occur to personally enrich the holdings of warlords like Bush and his close personal friends the Bin Laden group. Even within this shared culture of seeing civilians as expendable routinely the agents of power in these so called "United" "States" will annotate sex workers as subhuman, the most common police annotation to a sex worker's death is "NHI - No Human Involved".
So to say that any derision of such American imperialist thought here is well deserved is an understatement. A person willingly associating with America and spreading their ideals of violence and discrimination against sex workers simply for expressing their bodily autonomy deserves no more quarter than an American imperialist using violence and discrimination against the people of it's held territories of Ryuku and Iraq.

joined Feb 24, 2019

Like our drinking age of 21.

Honestly the only one I'd be willing to defend. I believe the human liver is fully developed at age 24 on average, so drinking prior to that can cause developmental issues. But other than that, the US is generally pretty behind when it comes to progressive thinking. A lot of that is conservative family values, but defensiveness when it comes to laws also plays a pretty large role. So many people in the US conflate legal with right and illegal with wrong, so they become very resistant to changing many laws.

joined Aug 22, 2019

I love Shuninta. After Hours was a good manga (up until the end imo), and I can feel some of that adult life energy here. Quite a shift from the usual OL yuri!

joined Jul 26, 2016

I believe the human liver is fully developed at age 24 on average

[citation needed], big time.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I hadn't heard that about the liver. I've heard 25-ish for full maturity of the human brain; there's a fanfic where Bujold's Beta Colony has a drinking age of 25 for that reason (the age of consent for sex is probably in the mid-teens, given Betan culture.)

Defensible or not, 21 is an outlier. I think Japan might be closest at 20? ...Iceland too, apparently https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_drinking_age

But Japan has a form of universal health care, and sex work other than PiV is legal (though with some accessory hedges) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Japan#Legal_status

To reply you must either login or sign up.