Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Pretty sure I've cleared out the whole "trap" business. But if I missed anything please let me know.

From here forwards, using "trap" to refer to people will result in your post getting deleted without notice. Convoluted justifications for same are also not acceptable and will be deleted on sight.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Pretty sure I've cleared out the whole "trap" business. But if I missed anything please let me know.

From here forwards, using "trap" to refer to people will result in your post getting deleted without notice. Convoluted justifications for same are also not acceptable and will be deleted on sight.

Oh why? I don’t ever really use trap as a reference to characters anyway, but I’m curious as to why you’re so against it?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh why? I don’t ever really use trap as a reference to characters anyway, but I’m curious as to why you’re so against it?

I have no intention of getting into a debate over this. And I do recommend others do not either. There are loads of places that explain why people object to it, that would do so better than me. I recommend looking around for them.

It is also off-topic to this manga's discussion in the first place, so I won't be spending more time on it.

EDITED TO ADD: The matter has also been referred to in our rules for quite a while, so I would expect people to be able and willing to act accordingly by now.

last edited at Jul 7, 2020 4:29PM

BlueFlareTOG
Hololive%2032
joined May 1, 2018

Pogchamp.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"put Kanda in a really difficult position right from the start."

I don't see it. Sure, Ookuma mistook Kanda's gender. Kanda could have said something right then. Or at any time in the past 6 months. Including early on, when she asked Ookuma "what if I were a girl?" and Ookuma basically shrugged. Kanda put herself in this position.

joined Feb 24, 2019

Ah, what a fine conclusion to the "misunderstanding" arc. I really look forward to seeing how their relationship evolves from here. They really do have excellent chemistry together.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

And they will study the female anatomy all night long, as they obviously should.

Bath is going cold though

Screenshot%202022-04-17%2012.01.52%20pm
joined Sep 21, 2019

Not much of a comedy fan, are you? (i.e., Comedy being “the light treatment of the otherwise base and ugly” ever since the time of the ancient Greeks.)

Every single comment thread on this site is a race to see who will be the first person to take a fictional story -- no matter how absurd, silly, or farcical -- 100% seriously.

EDIT: Bonus points also get awarded to the first person in a thread to act as if readers who like a particular thing in fiction must also support doing it in real life.

last edited at Jul 7, 2020 7:42PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

I really like the pacing of this and how the 'reveal drama' wasn't drawn out for long. The time they spent together allowed for them to get to know each other and fall for one another. They have misunderstandings but they actually talk to each other. I love that Ookuma isn't forcing herself to become Kanda's ideal like some girls do in their first relationships. She stays true to who she is. I like how Kanda accepts Ookuma's quirks and her naivete and doesn't mock her for it.

I wonder how much the outside world will influence their relationship? Kanda's friends will probably be okay with them but what about Ookuma's? And will their families be okay with their love?

This didn't really come off as sweet to me. I think the longer the lying went on, the more I couldn't get fluffy feelings from this manga. She just accepted that her partners has been lying to her? What a doormat. Toxic behaviour.

I think the whole point is that the 'lie' doesn't really matter to Ookuma. Ookuma accepts Kanda no matter what she is because she's in love with Kanda for who she is. It all boils down to them loving each other regardless of gender.

last edited at Jul 7, 2020 6:13PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Not much of a comedy fan, are you? (i.e., Comedy being “the light treatment of the otherwise base and ugly” ever since the time of the ancient Greeks.)

Every single comment thread on this site is a race to see who will be the first person to take a fictional story -- no matter how absurd, silly, or farcical -- 100% seriously.

EDIT: Bonus points also get awarded to the first person in a thread to act as if readers who like a particular thing in fiction must also support doing it in real life.

I'm also waiting for the almighties one to come make fun of peoples being serious. They're always lurking in the shadows waiting for that.

joined Sep 6, 2018

May this manga get licensed for publication.

last edited at Jul 7, 2020 8:08PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I'm also waiting for the almighties one to come make fun of peoples being serious. They're always lurking in the shadows waiting for that

Personally I agree that in this particular case, the whole gender hiding situation is not meant to be malicious and it's just comedy.
However I can see why some people might find it concerning. I think the author was pretty aware of it too, and it's not a coincidence they made them kiss after Ookuma found out Kanda is a girl.

Despite that, I find the whole logic of "it's fiction and you are never supposed to read it a certain way/take anything seriously or view it from a real life perspective" faulty.
Because it's impossible to never talk about characters and a story from a realistic pov, or a moral lens.
Ironically, I've never seen anyone having a problem criticizing the morals of a story with, for example, cheating or how they dislike the behavior of a character. Why doesn't this "rule" apply there too? It seems like people only use it when it's convenient.

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Thank gawd for manga. Too much drama irl lol
Love this wholesome gayness. =P

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

This was a lot more sweet and genuine than I expected, also funny

Screenshot%202022-04-17%2012.01.52%20pm
joined Sep 21, 2019

I'm also waiting for the almighties one to come make fun of peoples being serious. They're always lurking in the shadows waiting for that.

Being able to separate fantasy from reality is what makes me a buzzkill, I know.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Personally I agree that in this particular case, the whole gender hiding situation is not meant to be malicious and it's just comedy.

Comedy can be bad you know

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Welp, "don't think, fell" fits way too much here...

439fd417db3b8250e628d9360cc82281
joined Jun 2, 2019

Yeah, but comedy is also one of the most subjective form of entertainment.

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

AL;SKDJFS;ADHFKSADH;F;SFJ AHAHHAHAHAHA
YES FINALLY!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS DAMN MANGA OH MY GOD. I forgive the girl for being a complete idiot with the whole "I goTtA gEt A cLoseR LoOk I'vE neVeR seEn A GuY'S parTs EitHeR" because this was great lmfao. I legitimately laughed so hard when Kanda said she wasn't gonna be able to restrain herself and the other girl saying "ok, i want you to, be gentle" LMAO God this manga is so fluffy but refreshing, and hilarious too! I wonder where this is gonna go from now on though.

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

Well if you and others didn't find it funny, that's fine and dandy, but just don't try to put others who enjoyed the humor of this manga down and stuff. Comedy is highly subjective and people are allowed to have opinions lol

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

For me personally this comedy premise stopped working in second chapter and then there was only flat comedy and joke-characters. This premise can be pulled off and author tried to do so by introducing context of sheltered girl with overbearing parents, but it fell flat rather quick because they wanted only do a surface level jokes about it. So, again, for me, with kind of thinking from the author, this story needed to be rather short for not to be repetitive and annoying. Ha-ha, couple of dumb jokes about misunderstanding and the end. But no. Maybe I just disappointed that this very nice art spent on this kind of writing.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

This is so awkward. I'm cringing from second hand embarrassment. Dammit. I both like it and hate it.

200124035842-812n
joined Aug 24, 2016

Ohhh, YEESSSSSSSSS so cute.

Dpsmall
joined Dec 12, 2016

what the heck I missed Chapter 9, holy moly I did not expect this to progress so fast. Epic

minagi mikoto
joined Nov 14, 2014

OMG those last few pages were too much for me to take! <3

To reply you must either login or sign up.