Forum › Suito-to! discussion

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

it was so bad that she stopped translating. And to this day nobody else has picked that manga, which sucks.

It's not dropped, however... it's a commission piece of Akiba Detectives so it only gets worked one when they get a commission for it.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

For example, just in the first page of Chapter 1, the Spanish translation of "先輩、お冷どぞ," (Here's some cold water, Senpai.) was "Aqui tienes tu bol de arroz, Momose" (Here's your bowl of rice, Momose.). The mistake is in the official Spanish release (which sadly translated into zats' original Englsih TL), which leads me to question if they're actually "professionals."

Are you certain it was a mistake, and not a deliberate choice to change a unimportant filler detail to make the dialogue flow better in Spanish?
"Professionals" are expected to do that kinda thing, you know. It's what their bosses ask for.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Are you certain it was a mistake, and not a deliberate choice to change a unimportant filler detail to make the dialogue flow better in Spanish?
"Professionals" are expected to do that kinda thing, you know. It's what their bosses ask for.

Yes, I am certain that it's a mistake. The illustrations show Yuzu handing Momo a glass of water in that scene. I'd really like to know where in the world people serve rice in tall glasses. Also, translating "お冷" into "cold rice" is a common mistake made by people who rely on machine translations or OCRs. Translating "ごめんけど、私にそういう気はないし…" (Sorry, I don't have those kinds of feelings/I don't swing that way) into "Lo siento, de verdad. No era esa mi intencion." (I'm very sorry, but that wasn't my intention.) is also incorrect, no matter how you spin it. I translate pretty liberally compared to most scanlators, but even I won't go so far as to change what the characters intend to say for arbitrary reasons. I would like someone who knows Spanish to weigh in on these points though. I only know a little from the Spanish that's incorporated into my native language.

last edited at Jun 3, 2020 11:07AM

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Now that's what I call yuri-licious drools

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Yes, I am certain that it's a mistake. The illustrations show Yuzu handing Momo a glass of water in that scene. I'd really like to know where in the world people serve rice in tall glasses. Also, translating "お冷" into "cold rice" is a common mistake made by people who rely on machine translations or OCRs.

Hmm... but it's not that obvious that it's a glass of water she's holding. The first time I read that scene, I assumed it was a bowl. And the whole thing with giving her cold water... in Japan, it's standard practice in any eatery, but it doesn't translate that well in other countries. I tried a thing: I showed some of my friends the untranslated Japanese page and told them "En esta escena, dice: Aquí tienes agua fría, Momose." And the replies I got were along the lines of "¿Y para qué quiere agua fría la tía esta? ¿Para el radiador de su auto?"

Translating "ごめんけど、私にそういう気はないし…" (Sorry, I don't have those kinds of feelings/I don't swing that way) into "Lo siento, de verdad. No era esa mi intencion." (I'm very sorry, but that wasn't my intention.) is also incorrect, no matter how you spin it.

Yes, I did wonder about that part, too. I wonder if "I don't swing that way" isn't a bit heavy-handed for a statement that, in typical Japanese way, is vague and relies a lot on the context. If, in that scene, Momose had just rejected Yuzu in such a strong way, there's no reasonable explanation for the events at the end of chapter 3 and the beginning of chapter 4 (Momose tells Yuzu she wants to be normal friends, and Yuzu reacts as someone who has been rejected and is taking the rejection very badly, ignoring Momo for several weeks) since Yuzu should know already that Momo doesn't want her and thus Momo's words at the end of ch3 wouldn't really add anything new to the equation.

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

foood series, still gei in the end
I love the blush
so lewd ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Untitled172-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

getting full from the food and yuri

getting full of info from the translation discussion in the forum

joined Jun 28, 2018

I like foodie lesbians !!!

F0c1c7ea6c0d24b021d03256f2c658f6
joined Oct 9, 2019

Reading this just make me gain weight and looks like someone is hungry and not for the food:))

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

I wish this manga existed the first time I went to Fukuoka. I just want to eat all this

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

And just like that, Harukawa Sakura makes her first appearance!

Get used to her. Soon she'll be your favorite character.

joined Jun 12, 2019

So these are like real restaurants? anyways they’re cutee

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Aww, this was pretty sweet, this manga never fails to make me hungry too!! And hopefully her friends aren't all bitchy about her real personality and let her be herself.

TheTexacutioner840
joined Jun 7, 2020

And just like that, Harukawa Sakura makes her first appearance!

Get used to her. Soon she'll be your favorite character.

I can read the official Spanish translation and I can say that yes she is indeed best girl for sure! I honestly can't wait for the rest to be translated in English

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Yuri kiss banning should be prohibited by the Law (

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

i am very uch enjoying these two. curious to see how the relationship develops.

joined Mar 25, 2019

Is it just me or is the the drawing getting worse

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

He he hey! I'm that Spain native that can bring some light into the Manga Plus translation.

For example, just in the first page of Chapter 1, the Spanish translation of "先輩、お冷どぞ," (Here's some cold water, Senpai.) was "Aqui tienes tu bol de arroz, Momose" (Here's your bowl of rice, Momose.)

I can't talk about what they say in the original because I don't know japanese, but at least in the rest it didn't seem wrong, even if this is an error.

Translating "ごめんけど、私にそういう気はないし…" (Sorry, I don't have those kinds of feelings/I don't swing that way) into "Lo siento, de verdad. No era esa mi intencion." (I'm very sorry, but that wasn't my intention.) is also incorrect, no matter how you spin it.

Okay, this is right in the translation because you need to check in the context and, if you read the whole page, it's more normal for a spanish speaker (at least if you are from Spain) what Momose is saying. She is saying sorry for the way she talked about that kiss. It would feel reeeeal weird if she had saying something about that she doesn't swing in that way, even if that's what she says in japanese. It just doesn't feel normal in spanish saying it, it's better the MP translation even if isn't exactly like that.
huehuehue

In fact, if I have to say something that doesn't feel right, it should be what Shimizu answers xD not what Momo is saying. That "creo que, si fuese así, sería muy feliz" = "I think that, if that would be like that, I'll be happy".
huehuehue

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

"I'm not gay! I'm not gay!" she wept, gaily.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

He he hey! I'm that Spain native that can bring some light into the Manga Plus translation.

Thanks for all the feedback, both to you and to Jeanne! b( ̄▽ ̄*)d
As others have said before, this discussion on translation has been extremely interesting.

Since we're on the subject, I'll take the chance to remind everyone that there is a thread specifically created to talk about manga translated (partly or totally) in Spanish and not in English — like Suito-to, Koushin Koinu or Umineko:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/15867-manga-in-spanish-mangas-en-espanol
(I'm bringing this up now cuz matters of translation, and differences between versions, are often commented and debated there...)

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Thanks for all the feedback, both to you and to Jeanne! b( ̄▽ ̄*)d
As others have said before, this discussion on translation has been extremely interesting.

Since we're on the subject, I'll take the chance to remind everyone that there is a thread specifically created to talk about manga translated (partly or totally) in Spanish and not in English — like Suito-to, Koushin Koinu or Umineko:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/15867-manga-in-spanish-mangas-en-espanol
(I'm bringing this up now cuz matters of translation, and differences between versions, are often commented and debated there...)

Ohh I didn't know about that :o
I have to say that the only spanish things I read are official ones, being in Manga Plus or physically, because mostly fanmade of them are just terrible translated or translated in argentinian (after I had read some Pikachi doujinshis and laughed everytime I read bombacha or "esto está rebárbaro" instead of getting off I just can't xDDD I preffer to read it in japanese before to read it in argentinian).

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I have to say that the only spanish things I read are official ones, being in Manga Plus or physically, because mostly fanmade of them are just terrible translated or translated in argentinian

Hehehe, I'm not from Spain but, when I was a child, I learned to read with historietas by Ibáñez, Vázquez, Escobar and the other classics of Spanish comic... so I do have a healthy appreciation for pure Castilian Spanish.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I have to say that the only spanish things I read are official ones, being in Manga Plus or physically, because mostly fanmade of them are just terrible translated or translated in argentinian

Hehehe, I'm not from Spain but, when I was a child, I learned to read with historietas by Ibáñez, Vázquez, Escobar and the other classics of Spanish comic... so I do have a healthy appreciation for pure Castilian Spanish.

I have nothing against argentinian, it's just it's a little weird for me hahaha.
I grow up with Ibáñez too ^^ uno de los mejores autores de cómic de todos los tiempos, sin dudar.

joined Feb 24, 2019

The plot thickens! But seriously, what was with that weird handholding scene? I get that Shimizu was acting without thinking, but how did it wind up looking like they couldn't let go of each other's hand?

last edited at Jun 15, 2020 12:22PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.