Forum › Picture of Tears discussion

runrin Staff
Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

i dun get it

neither do we. neither do the japanese commenters on the official raws.

it was her first series, so i'm sure she will only get better. i'm still really interested to see what she does next.

joined Aug 21, 2017

This ending is the essence of FeelsBadMan

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

weird ass ending? eh? can someone explain?

runrin Staff
Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

weird ass ending? eh? can someone explain?

nope. we had a hard time even understanding what they were talking about while translating. even native japanese speakers could not understand it.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

The author had absolutely no idea where she wanted to go with this. Is this what quick axing saves us from, and we just didn't know?

runrin Staff
Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

The author had absolutely no idea where she wanted to go with this. Is this what quick axing saves us from, and we just didn't know?

i don't think that is the case. in the first chapter she introduces Sae as Extra C. I think this was the planned ending, just not a good one.

joined Feb 24, 2019

If I had to guess, Sae realized Riko was the only person that would ever look at her in any meaningful way (at least in school), but she also realized that the only reason Riko looks acknowledges her is because Sae hates her, which is different from everybody else. Sae decides that she doesn't want the only person in her life to be someone she hates, so she forces herself to find something to like in Riko, which in turn makes Riko lose interest in her...maybe. That shot at the end with the magazine and Sae's picture of Riko could have been Riko's copy, since Sae didn't seem to be with it and would have no reason to leave it behind. I read that as Riko still not being sure how she feels about Sei, even though it previously showed her looking at Sei as just another extra. Anyway, interesting read overall.

runrin Staff
Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

That shot at the end with the magazine and Sae's picture of Riko could have been Riko's copy, since Sae didn't seem to be with it and would have no reason to leave it behind.

I hadn't thought of it that way. Maybe she left it on Riko's desk.

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Big ol' wut from me.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Good end. Moving on.

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

I feel like the ending was just the end of an unhealthy cycle. Sae wanted somebody to make her the center of attention, and Riko wanted somebody to see her from a different perspective from everybody else. When Sae realized she was the center of Riko's attention, she realized why she hung out with her without realizing how much she hated her until the end of CH. 1. So, she no longer hated Riko, but she also realized she'd be just like everybody else to Riko. So, Sae forcibly took Riko's picture to express to her the new perspective/image of Riko she had. Then Riko was unable to see Sae as anybody special, anymore. It's a bad end, because both characters are thrown into worse situations than before. Riko no longer has anybody special, and Sae is COMPLETELY alone as far as we the readers know. The conflict of the story only got worse, but maybe that was the intention.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

I guess I can say it ended better than I expected following the disappointing second half. The art is fantastic and I think the ideas were there, just not executed satisfactorily.

At the very least I'll follow the artist to see what they do next

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

It was weird. I don't want to say it was bad, just very introspective and hard to dissect

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

I guess a sad ending to a sad time

Th
joined Aug 6, 2014

I found it kinda creepy and cool. Looking foward to seeing more from the author.

joined Oct 10, 2016

And that's it? Why photography club related stories always end so shitty? Remember that manga where girl was so indecisive and didn't want to ruin the love between her and two other girls that she decided to be with both of them and the other two agreed? This is basically the same.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Should have checked the tags properly, I'm at the point where I assume everything is yuri even if it's not tagged that way. But I thought this was a cool work. Abstract and confusing. Not the best storytelling but an interesting one, which I value.

Oh and for the question of the magazine placement, it would appear it is on Riko's desk if you compare these two classroom layouts. Morinaga's desk and magazine location.

sleepingugly
joined May 18, 2020

uhhh i'm dumb can someone explain what the ending means??

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Yeah, I uhhh feel like it was an interesting series
But yeah that ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VjPM5CeWs

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Well, Sae. At least you tried.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Loralei posted:

And that's it? Why photography club related stories always end so shitty? Remember that manga where girl was so indecisive and didn't want to ruin the love between her and two other girls that she decided to be with both of them and the other two agreed? This is basically the same.

I think it's basically the opposite where the MC had 2 chances but lost both ... and the worse part is that she was just being herself but 90% of the class didn't like that.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Ugh, teenagers. Ending was like house music, it builds like there's going to be a drop....... but it just doesn't happen..... but maybe that's why it's good right?

last edited at Jun 3, 2020 11:01AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

No one died! I feel betrayed. To live up to Inio Asano, characters cannot make it to the end!

Loved the art on this one, and the story was a wild ride. The ending was just as fun as the rest

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Nonetheless it was interesting

And in a weird way I actually empathize with Sae wanting someone to hate her, that really got me hooked, but media which requires a lot of brain power is wasted on me

The art alone makes it worthwhile read in my opinion

Inkede_li-convertimage%20(1)
joined May 10, 2018

I liked the ending

To reply you must either login or sign up.