Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Seconded. We need more Adashima fanart.

What about AdaShima fanfic?

joined Jan 25, 2017

Yes.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Just re-read the whole series and I must say when read back to back like that till this point volume 6 Shimamura really is something else, truly the most satisfying part about the volume is the change in her mentality towards Adachi in that while she's still thinking that what she'll have to go through to take her relationship with Adachi further is "bothersome" or "a real pain" she's still doing it.

e.g. it all starts with Shimamura herself calling Adachi, then her initiating a hug, getting a momma makeover along with a yukata all so cuz she knows it'll please Adachi (and then when she's told she's beautiful hitting her palm), taking her hand and then running after her.

For the first 5 volumes we've seen her have thoughts about wanting to get closer to Adachi but decide against it cuz it's too much work or it'd go against the flow like when she thinks Adachi might be waiting for her on the gyms second floor but decides against going cuz that'd make Sancho del Pancho? Notice her or something ? and she doesn't want to stand out, so she just stays in place even though we the readers clearly see that she wants to go after Adachi her "let's just see how things turn out" way of life is too ingrained in her and she's just kinda hoping Adachi makes the first move.

So yeah those moments in volume 6 feel extra powerful even if it was a re-read my heart still felt tight in a good way lol I was right there along with Adachi clenching my fist and being excited at seeing Shima be the one to start all those intimate moments.

Same with when she realizes that Adachi loves her and how the only thing she can think is how no matter what type of love it is all shes thinking of is that she likes it and is all excited about having Adachi tell her for real.

Also her being all excited and wanting Adachi to explain herself over the phone but her S side coming through and deciding to wait till theyre face to face so she can see her make interesting panic faces lol.

Overall I freaking love Shima and I can't wait to see her take the initiative more.

It kind of somehow seems to me that this thread is more full of Adachi lovers ? I'll admit seeing her is funny and heartwarming and you can't help but want to cheer her on, but Shima is way more of an interesting character to me, I do quite love both though.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Yeah like for most of their relationship Shimamura's definitely liked Adachi, but she's always been content to just go along with Adachi and not take any initiative herself. She was always happy when Adachi moved things along, but it was Adachi doing all the work, it wasn't really very healthy for a long-term relationship.

Her spending time with Gon was kind of her just realizing that life is fleeting, and she can't just sit back passively and wait for things to happen. She likes Adachi so she should actually pursue her, too. She wants to make Adachi happy, so she should do things to make Adachi happy.

YuriIsLife1998
Screen%20shot%202020-03-21%20at%203.08.23%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2019

How accurate is this?
https://imgur.com/a/gVI1oju

joined Jun 12, 2019

How accurate is this?

I'd say that regarding PDA, Shimamura feels more self conscious and awkward about how it may look to other ppl (the handholding in v1-2, that hug in v4 before leaving school), and Adachi is just focused on getting more opportunities to hold her hand, sometimes even hugging her when she feels overwhelmed with emotion.
Shimamura looks like she's minded it less lately though, but either way, Adachi looks like she minds PDA the least between the two. The only time I can remember that she let go (v1) was because Yashiro straight up interrupted.

YuriIsLife1998
joined Apr 25, 2019

I should've checked PDA meaning in urban dictionary... I didn't know PDA stand for 'Public display of Affection '

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

How accurate is this?

Adachi's awkwardness level is way too low.

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

How accurate is this?

Pretty accurate, ngl. But I think Adachi's horny-level could be a little bit higher lol.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

and

Pretty accurate, ngl. But I think Adachi's horny-level could be a little bit higher lol.

fixed that for you

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

and

fixed that for you

Hahahaha, yeahhh, now we're talking!
But I liked the original one as well ^^ Shimamura was on point.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Thank you so much. What-de-heck, gotta go READ!!!

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I kind of wonder if Tarumi is still alive lol.

last edited at May 29, 2020 9:52PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

/chortles in QC

<_<

last edited at May 30, 2020 12:39AM

YuriIsLife1998
joined Apr 25, 2019

So... Adachi and Shimamura is fated for each other no matter what universes or situations.
And Shimamura is chill as always, from saying 'I love you too' unintentionally to explaining that she love Adachi too much that she said out loud.

last edited at May 30, 2020 3:17AM

joined Jan 25, 2017

Thought number 1: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ADACHI'S SO HAPPY
Thought number 2: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SHIMAMURA SAID IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Thought number 3: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MULTIPLE TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thought number 4: GIVE US A REAL SHIMAMURA PERSPECTIVE CHAPTER IRUMA YOU COWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joined Jul 5, 2019

I love this so much! How am I supposed to go to sleep now? My brain is just high on Adashima rn.

I really loved the AU story so much. It really high lights how important these two characters are to each other and how much change they've had on them. Shimamura's perspective, in particular, was exciting because it really contrasted with her thoughts during the confession scene. Her life with Adachi is interesting and she likes being with her and in a world without Adachi she is entirely bored. These two were just meant to be and they bring a happiness to each other that no one else can :3

And then we get that really solid Adachi chapter. On one hand, Adachi is very relatable. On the other hand, I am mildy concerned about how often she tends to "dissociate." xD She was so blown away by Shimamura's response that her brain just stopped processing information for the rest of the night until she woke up hours later at home lol. And her call to Shimamura! Oh my god! She was on cloud nine and when I read the "I love you too," I actually and genuinely squeed.

I do wish we got some Shimamura perspective in that chapter though, especially because she ends up saying "I love you," TWICE! She doesn't remember the first time, but she still said it twice! I was not expecting that at all. I really loved their conversation about love though and the reasons they love each other. Adachi was so adorable, but Shima was very relatable because honestly same. "Oh, thanks." and "I can't think of any reasons off the top of my head," are very me responses lol.

And we did kind of get a Shimamura chapter and it seemed like that Shimamura was quite infatuated with that Adachi lol. She stares at Adachi, pays attention to the warmth of her hands, and wants to be "not boring" to Adachi. It's very cute. It's been a while since I've read those first chapters, so I might give them a reread to see how the character's compare to themselves in an AU where Adachi never changed.

joined Oct 9, 2019

Loved Shima's pov. I almost can't believe she said I love you. I thought that was going to take a bit longer.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Hi, haven't read it yet just passing by to mention that the chibi Shimamura with the slight :3 face pierced my hear on the spot.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

My headcanon is that in the AU where they meet for the first time on the train as office ladies, the ending of Your Name is taking place on the same train.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, the 'what if' stories are always so good.

But to the real thing now. That "wonderful" dream sure most have been something, considering how it had to be censored... :D

And this, kids, is why I keep saying that in this world full of useless lesbians, Adachi is the one and only catastrophe lesbian. But also quite relatable at the same time.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

It kind of somehow seems to me that this thread is more full of Adachi lovers ? I'll admit seeing her is funny and heartwarming and you can't help but want to cheer her on, but Shima is way more of an interesting character to me, I do quite love both though.

It’s coz Adachi is adorable even in her outmost embarrassing moments, more expressive in terms of showing her gayness/her love to Shimamura despite being awkward at times and has quite relatable thoughts. But personally, I do find Shimamura interesting coz she’s quite a deep person with lovable traits that is so attracting. That’s why I’m always looking forward to Shima’s pov, so I’m very thankful that Iruma sensei wrote and gave it in vol.8 and probably the best volume for me so far. I am sure lots of people here In this thread are Shima lovers too lol

last edited at May 30, 2020 2:03PM

joined Oct 5, 2016

Loved Shima's pov. I almost can't believe she said I love you. I thought that was going to take a bit longer.

Yeah as soon as Adachi said it I was like, "Oh okay here's the whole book of Shimamura either being too embarrassed to say it, or just being too Shimamura to think to say it."

And then she just went ahead and said it.

I do love what a goddamn teenager Adachi is. She's like "HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME WE'RE DATING.... uh, so what do we do now? I never thought I'd get this far!"

Still awkward!

Ahhhwwww these two just make ya wanna believe in love or have hope for it or something, it's so endearing, both painting eachothers lives with something bright, instead of melancholy and dullness, regardless of the timeline. Love that their both OLs in one of them(cause OLs are amazing) and in the other Adachi is so the mysterious black haired beauty;she already was, but we get to see more of it, and we get to see how intrested Shimamura is about that, doing more about it, to see if she can see other sides of Adachi.

So if Adachi had stayed the same;never falling in love with Shimamura (yet.. she might've later on who knows) we probably would've took way longer to get to any sort of confession, just goes to show Adachi is a useful, but disastrous lesbian, taking the initiative to breach/knock down the walls of what was their complicated friendship and herself to get closer, she really got what she wanted, she manifested her destiny, I'm so happy for her being on cloud 9.
I, like her, couldn't also believe that Shimamura said the L word, it was indeed a shock to the heart, I had to double take, then boom twice, all the very next day after the confession chefs kiss I thought they would say that a bit later. Shimamura is a pretty smooth talker, talking her way out of telling Adachi what she likes about her, to saying "oh, well I probably didn't realize I said it, cause I love you so much" something like that, it was really touching to see her say that, their whole conversation was sweet.

NOW CAN THESE TWO GET ANYMORE ADORABLE? The answer is of course they can. Thanks again as always to the team for your guys hard work.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Same, I got blindsided by Shimamura replying that she loved Adachi right away. And later she doubled down, pretty nice.

To reply you must either login or sign up.