Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Gaaaaaaaaaay.

This makes me very happy.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Obviously the confession and everything is great.

But I think my favorite sequence was like right before that, where both of the moms are helping their daughters get all pretty for what is pretty obviously a date. Like neither mom is super motherly normally, but it seems like both of them pick up on this being an important moment for their girls, even if they won't admit it.

Like yuri is so often either all subtext, or it gets all exoticized... It's just super nice to read a sequence where it's just totally ordinary teenage romance stuff, just a couple teenagers who aren't quite official yet going on a date and having a happy time.

Also like, we're totally gonna find out at some point that their moms have been sharing notes, right?

Every page was GOLD, I couldn't stop laughing and being all giddy, at how ballsy Adachi was being(at everything really), time sure is a crazy thing, I love how that time apart made them appreciate eachother more. Furthermore the interaction between Adachi and her mom broke my heart, hitting all too close to home, Adachi's mom seeing her daughter all grown up in a sense, ready to go somewhere important and wanting to do something for her, even if that means nothing for their relationship, but at least she offered to help, bittersweet right there, gotta say though she did a good job cause it got Shima to compliment Adachi, it really does look good on her.

Wow though that final confession blood sweat and tears were really put into that one and Shimamura's reaction/answer is really nothing short of what anyone expected, and I lowkey loved it, I mean it hurt, but in a good way, I couldn't help my laughter cause it was so her, especially the whole process it took in her mind to get there. Overall words cannot express the joy I felt them complimenting eachother, grabbing eachothers hands(lewd) hugging eachother, and them finally going out to sum it all up. Thanks again so, so much to the team, I appreciate the hell outta you guys for your hard work.

Also I love that fortune teller lady, the way she made both of them react insert 3 spiderman pointing meme at eachother meme since I don't know how to do it

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Also I love that fortune teller lady, the way she made both of them react insert 3 spiderman pointing meme at eachother meme since I don't know how to do it

I laughed at how Shimamura basically grabbed Adachi and ran after telling her basically not to talk to strangers like a total mom lol

Ye
joined Apr 1, 2018

poggers

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

poggers

Can we get an F in chat for Tarumi?

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Congratulations, Adachi and Shimamura.

Bowser Wowser
Screen%20shot%202019-06-20%20at%206.20.42%20am
joined May 6, 2017

This chapter made my week

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

It took me 3 hours to read both chapters as I was laughing, fangirling, screaming and whatnot while reading, as well as having a major need to talk during the chapters with people that don‘t even read this novel. hahahaha
omg
I feel very satisfied with how this volume ended.
I wonder when Shimamura‘s idea of dating is "just doing the exact same thing with Adachi she‘s been doing before", will crash by the fact that Adachi probably wants to kiss her (or more?) at some point. We‘ll see, we‘ll see.

last edited at May 14, 2020 6:35AM

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

F for Tarumi but well that's just the forces of causality at work nothing we could have done.

A beautiful ride indeed to get to this point, I fucking love pay offs like this were all the feelings that have been building up finally get an outlet, lol for both readers and the characters, a slow burn but a satisfying one I'd have hated it if the author just decided to take all that character progression and development and thrown it in the trash like some other authors, there's nothing more wonderful then the characters actually staying true to theirselves and not just jumping out of character or doing stupid shit to prolong drama.

Now I really wish we just get them acting like a sweet couple.

I'm not gonna lie im a little salty that there was no kiss .... Like c'mon it should have been here, but well still a great moment.

Can't wait for more thx a lot as always.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Nah, a kiss would've been too much right now. Shimamura definitely wouldn't have gone for it since she's still not the kind of person to crave physical contact (and she's just started being a little bit self-conscious about it with Adachi), while Adachi already had to pour all her courage into confessing and considering how hard it is for her to take every little step forward, that was already more than enough for the time being.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Like I said, Oh my God Adachi, reading again giving me a good good laughter. Thank you for the wonderful translation.

PS. just saw, Chapter 5 page 0312, "what's wrong? why did you stiffen up?" Shimamura asked, her head titled slightly to the side. / Should be tilted

last edited at May 14, 2020 9:53AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, Adachi continues to be the very definition of a catastrophe lesbian, but quickly losing the uselessness.

Nice to see her mom still affected by Shima's advice and trying to bridge the divide between them even just a little bit.

Shima is making progress as well, not quite there yet consciously, but if you look at her behavior, it's pretty clear that Adachi is very, very special to her.

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

Guys, she did it, my daughter did it, she confessed! I'm so proud!!

These 2 chapters were everything I wanted from them, from Adachi doing her best, to Shimamura' growing development, the festival as a whole, to even Hino and Nagafuji being freaking adorable in the extra.

I like Tarumi, and I know we're still going to see more of her, I hope by the end her friendship with Shimamura won't be completely broken. Adachi is definitely still to quick to get jealous, and this is not a relationship that will sail smoothly in the beginning, heck, the fact Shimamura is not in love with Adachi yet is a pretty big flag for issues, although I don't see something like the two ever breaking up for a while over a fight, drama is still on the horizon.

But for now we celebrate, they are a couple, they care for each other, and are happiest together. Cheers for my disaster of a daughter Adachi, and her girlfriend Shimamura!

last edited at May 14, 2020 11:01AM

879e1565-90d1-4400-a7fb-1da72081653d
joined Jan 7, 2020

I honestly can't string together a coherent response to the latest updates for the life of me...I'm just basking in this afterglow...I legitimately teared a bit.
Maybe I'll come back and put together a proper response to these chapters later for my own sake. I just need a moment...to collect myself first cuz wow...I read that

Letys%20try%20this%20again
joined Mar 26, 2017

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This the only response you will get from me.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

the fact Shimamura is not in love with Adachi yet is a pretty big flag for issues

I would argue that Shimamura is in love with her and just hasn't rationalized it yet. She didn't accept Adachi's confession lightly and put a lot of thought into it, but that's simply her nature as someone who analyzes her interactions with other people in (perhaps excessive) detail. The mere fact that she accepted it despite her being someone who keeps others at a safe distance to avoid being bothered is a sign she's willing to let Adachi challenge the way she is. It's worth noting that she thought back to how she loved Gon and that she reasoned that falling in love with someone is abrupt and not the result of a calculated process; while she fell in love with Gon when she was a kid and still acted mostly based on instinct, now she's letting Adachi get close the same way despite how much more complex her way of thinking has become. She has no frame of reference for falling in love with someone outside of a dog from her childhood, so she doesn't realize that under all her contemplations, the process is still the same.

YuriIsLife1998
Screen%20shot%202020-03-21%20at%203.08.23%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2019

I really like the way Shimamura turned Tarumi down completely and very quickly for Adachi in Vol. 6.

last edited at May 14, 2020 1:02PM

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Perhaps it was the lack of sleep, perhaps it's because it didn't fully sink in... Whatever. Let me amend this:

Gaaaaaaaaaay.

This makes me very happy.

With this:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Good frickin' lord! Took us over a year, but it does burn bright when it catches fire. Adachi really is too precious. She grew much, perhaps she could even be called a useful lesbian at this point. A rare species to be sure, especially amng the youth.

And wow, Shimamura can finally say she's got the gayest line in a volume:

Would I be able to hold her hand even if that meant becoming the target of the cruel words and cold stares of those around us?
Hmm... If I loved Adachi, if I truly loved her from the bottom of my heart, then I think I would be.

Probably my favorite lines in these chapters. Really great.

joined Jan 25, 2017

the fact Shimamura is not in love with Adachi yet is a pretty big flag for issues

I would argue that Shimamura is in love with her and just hasn't rationalized it yet. She didn't accept Adachi's confession lightly and put a lot of thought into it, but that's simply her nature as someone who analyzes her interactions with other people in (perhaps excessive) detail. The mere fact that she accepted it despite her being someone who keeps others at a safe distance to avoid being bothered is a sign she's willing to let Adachi challenge the way she is. It's worth noting that she thought back to how she loved Gon and that she reasoned that falling in love with someone is abrupt and not the result of a calculated process; while she fell in love with Gon when she was a kid and still acted mostly based on instinct, now she's letting Adachi get close the same way despite how much more complex her way of thinking has become. She has no frame of reference for falling in love with someone outside of a dog from her childhood, so she doesn't realize that under all her contemplations, the process is still the same.

Yeah if someone wants to argue that the way Shimamura feels now - Adachi being the one person Shimamura is willing to inconvenience herself over time and time again, someone she admires, someone who's "painted pink by never-ending fireworks" in her mind's eye, the one person Shimamura seems even willing to consider having as her sole social focus - isn't love, they're welcome to do so, but I'm going to respond by suggesting that they might be overthinking things.

Doesn't mean they won't have rocky patches or anything like that down the road of course, but Shimamura clearly feels more strongly for Adachi than she does for anyone else.

Probably my favorite lines in these chapters. Really great.

The way Shimamura processes finally having Adachi's feelings right out in the open with no obfuscation has been an absolute delight in general, IMO. Some of the best writing in the entire franchise. The balance she strikes between being analytical to a fault while still showcasing obvious, genuine warmth for Adachi is SO good.

last edited at May 14, 2020 1:51PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Took us over a year

And we were lucky. In Japan it took three and a half.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Took us over a year

Yeah. Man, must've been one heck of a wait between volume 5 and this one.

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

Took us over a year

Yeah. Man, must've been one heck of a wait between volume 5 and this one.

I would argue that it took 6 years for us to get to read the novels at all. (But being not aware of its existence and then suddenly being able to get regularly released translated chapters is still kinda good on it‘s own)

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

maaan this LN is singly my most fav yuri thing out of everything right now. i look forward for your guys' released every time and always get excited when i see a new one up. the translations you guys do is incredibly well done, i can't even imagine how much harder it is to do a LN compared to a manga. so much more complex sentences. and i think it's neat that you guys are on and use this site too XD thanks so much for your efforts!! i knew they were going to start dating soon, so glad it's finally begun!

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

It's so nice seeing everyone be simultaneously excited and jubilant over these recent chapters. Couldn't relate more.

To reply you must either login or sign up.