Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Good ending. I cried

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

wow this manga made a better unrequited love story in a few chapters than "my unrequited love" so far

last edited at May 4, 2020 1:37AM

joined Jun 12, 2019

Izumi :( it’s okay you’ll find someone

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

wow this manga made a better unrequited love story in a few chapters than "my unrequited love" so far

Lmao

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Phew. Those were some intense chapters. I didn't expect Izumi to just come out and say it... and then we got 3 chapters of actual talking and resolutions like some kind of... healthy human relationship? Is this really a yuri manga? lol

The phrase "I know about those LGBT people" makes me just realize all over again that this is not such common knowledge in Japan and still treated as exotic. Sigh.

Anyway, this is Nanaki's strength, her complete honesty and straightforward attitude. She will abandon false friends in an instant, admit to her mistakes, apologize to those she wronged and act impulsively on her feelings. Only someone this honest and open-minded can truly make the line "But let's stay friends tho" work. Izumi was very lucky indeed.

Now if Nanaki could just realize what her feelings for Kurokawa actually entail, she may be just as honest about those. But that's the problem, she really doesn't understand yet. On the opposite end Kurokawa and Iroha have a really strong gaydar.... makes me wonder how long it will take for Iroha to figure out how her best friend truly feels as well.

joined Dec 30, 2018

Lmao

Omg this is so accurate what the hell

joined Jan 3, 2020

Still a little concerned that Kuro said she just wants to be friends when confronted by Izumi a few chapters ago. The author has been signalling a Kurosawa + Nanaki relationship so hard that if they didn't end up together I would be pretty unhappy.

(It also seems like the author is setting up Izumi with Iroha. We see another example in this chapter where Iroha (and only Iroha) responds with a reaction to how cute/pretty Izumi is.)

Lmao

Omg this is so accurate what the hell

To be fair, that's a really really low bar.

seungwanderlust
joined Dec 23, 2017

Is there a lot of drama? Yes.
Does the mangaka make it work? Also yes.

In the first few chapters of this manga, I didn’t really like Nanaki. Now she’s quite possibly my favorite out of all of them. Attagirl!! But also open your eyes and see that you don’t just wanna be Kurokawa’s bestest friend ok?

BlueFlareTOG
Hololive%2032
joined May 1, 2018

poggers

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

The author really pulled off that love triangle pretty damn well. It wasn't just an obstacle to romantic development to be danced around for chapter after chapter it was actually an important source of development for characters and their relationships outside of the main romance.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

A perfect example of how drama can actually be a positive in a story if it's handled well.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Awww, but she’s still gonna hurt for awhile if she sees progress though

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Finally someone who comes out and states what so many people don't sem to get. "I want to stay friends" does NOT mean "I don't love you, now get out of my life because you make me feel uncomfortable." No, it means "I freaking want to stay friends, wtf did you think I said?!"

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Finally someone who comes out and states what so many people don't sem to get. "I want to stay friends" does NOT mean "I don't love you, now get out of my life because you make me feel uncomfortable." No, it means "I freaking want to stay friends, wtf did you think I said?!"

While I also revile that trope, it's more often than not the one who confessed that wants to make some distance. Hanging on after being rejected can be quite painful. It's not easy to go back to just being friends after such a reveal. It will keep being an unspoken thing on their mind each time they interact. The one who was confessed to will inadvertently be overly conscious of each act the other does and the one who got rejected has to constantly fight their attraction.

It's rough.

last edited at May 4, 2020 7:22AM

joined Oct 10, 2016

Why do you have to destroy peace, Nanaki
Wat
I wanna quote a popular comedy, but it's close to impossible to translate it well

Well, Izumi didn't kill herself yet, this is a good sign I hope. Still, she will be forever heartbroken because Nanaki is just so stereotypically blonde. What's with that Pre-Nanaki style Kanade outfits tho?!

last edited at May 4, 2020 8:05AM

joined Dec 5, 2019

Nanaki not realizing what she truly feels is actually important for how things are right now, seeing as how honest and straightforward she is she would confess right away the moment she realized her feeling are of romantic love.

as for Izumi, chin up girl, she is my favorite (both on looks and in character) and I really hope she can get a happy continuation of her story. it seems she suffered from heartbreak before judging for that little flashback we had, so she knows what she likes for some time now.

Download3fc7cc27_ulated_2f0_2fdcim_2fscreenshots_2fscreenshot_20180201-102407_2_2_2_2
joined Mar 6, 2018

I'll be honest if Izumi made a full commitment on trying to make Nanaki fall in love with her, I would be behind her all the way at this point.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I'll be honest if Izumi made a full commitment on trying to make Nanaki fall in love with her, I would be behind her all the way at this point.

God, I would love a story that just pivoted the assumed end pairing around a love triangle midway through that could be really interesting to see.

Lil-Dumpster-Rat
2020-10-01%20(2)
joined Jul 27, 2019

How do you think the other guests in the hotel feel? Like, they can totally hear the yelling...

joined May 24, 2014

How do you think the other guests in the hotel feel? Like, they can totally hear the yelling...

Japanese usually ignore this shit

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

God, I would love a story that just pivoted the assumed end pairing around a love triangle midway through that could be really interesting to see.

It could be if done right. I would enjoy a yuri story that subverts my expectations, but seeing how this "wE aRe aLl JuSt bFfS" narrative is filling the story at the moment, i don't see this one as that. We all know Nanaki is one "Someone else confessed to my love interest" trope away from confessing her love for Kurokawa.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Ok, now that you're friends, be a good one Izumi and tell Nanaki how you lied to her about what she was feeling towards Kurokawa.

last edited at May 4, 2020 12:48PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I keep thinking there was such a story, but I just can't bring it to mind at the moment. One of those complicated Takemiya Jin things, maybe . . .

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I keep thinking there was such a story, but I just can't bring it to mind at the moment. One of those complicated Takemiya Jin things, maybe . . .

Well there is Joou-sama no Eshi technically speaking. It's even a mixed triangle with a guy, but the lesbian ultimately wins the heroine in the end.

It's just that the story is more about the manga industry than anything. And how we got to the ultimate hook-up at the end was a bit badly telegraphed in the first half, but alas it fits all the critera.

last edited at May 4, 2020 1:16PM

Hitoshi%20sugoroku
joined Aug 14, 2019

Well, the ship is saved, finally something good in this bad year i have, finally for nanofate's sake.

To reply you must either login or sign up.