Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

joined Sep 6, 2018

I hope the letter says something like "I wish Haru was my child with you" or something silly like that

"...So that's why I'm leaving everything to you, Midori. Please take good care of our daughter."

“Because the rest of my family doesn’t give a shit about her.”

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What a shame... next chapter is final one. Well, there goes any future prospects for this manga—no OVA, no publication stateside, this one’s been snuffed out too soon (cue Elton John’s) “like a candle in the wind.”

I feel sorry for the Uploader who was taking pride and pleasure in sharing this work only to have this turn into a disappointment.

The mangaka should go freelance and publish her work on her own terms with the help of a publicist or literary agent.

I doubt Seven Seas will pick this one up due to the rushed ending.

Oh, and the editor for the magazine that this manga was published in should be demoted.

Yeah, this one had careful, sensitive, nuanced writing and art all the way through. Definitely an author to be watched.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Such a good chapter and then...."next chapter will be the last"....

Way to break my heart ;_;

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

IM ON THE EDGE of MY DAMN SEATTT!!!

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

ITT: The concept of a story being intended to run for three volumes, which is by most accounts a pretty good run as far as web-distributed yuri manga is concerned, is apparently unheard of.

Like srsly guys, you can be sad it's ending, but the whole automatic assumption that any series that ends has been axed is so old it could have its own age gap romance. Honestly, I can't think of much more you can add to this story that won't stir up the "is this forced drama?" crowd. Also this series packs a damn lot into a single chapter, so don't be surprised if the final one is so meaty that it ends up getting split into multiple parts again.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

omg last chapter? I'm not ready... I wonder if that letter is a confession letter?? I'm gonna effin cry

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

AAA@HHHHH IM BURSTINGTHIS IS SO GOODTHOUGH I haven't been bursting with anticipation like this in a long time!!

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

NOOOOOOOO! Just got caught up and now its ending :-(. Well like they say, do not be sad because its over, but be glad that it began. Been really loving the chapters, the characters that manage to be so relatable and just the cute art style.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

What a shame that it's ending so abruptly. I didn't think this would be super long running but 1 chapter definitely doesn't feel like enough time to wrap things up nicely - I might even say we need 3 or so. I really hope we get some sort of omake when the final volume is released.

All that said, going to look out for what this mangaka does next, I really enjoyed the writing in this, and the art and coloring too.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Eh , what? Next chapter is last chapter?!

But I still haven't seen Haru mischievously flirting with Midori ~~~

I Feel a time skip-a-coming, she’ll probably choose to live with the aunt then after the time skip they’ll catch up on tea and start dating or something. I feel it deep down in my yuri soul.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I Feel a time skip-a-coming, she’ll probably choose to live with the aunt then after the time skip they’ll catch up on tea and start dating or something. I feel it deep down in my yuri soul.

Sounds cute but also ...too cliché.

If instead, she grabs her hand and says "come with me if you want to live" then I would be happy, even if (as they say) they don't put a name to their relation

last edited at May 1, 2020 9:25PM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Soon

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

The atmosphere of this manga was like no other, I wanna see more from this author.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Eh , what? Next chapter is last chapter?!

But I still haven't seen Haru mischievously flirting with Midori ~~~

That would have been a bit cliche to me. This mangaka’s writing is more grounded due to the stresses both have been dealing with: loss of parent, strange kid moving in, crap at school, and generally some Aaaaangst of staying/leaving. Both had to grow up fast.

The flirting hasn’t occurred yet because the time of grieving isn’t over yet... it takes at least—AT LEAST— a year. Given enough time, it could turn into a (Ken Kurogane)-type relationship culminating into a punchline of “The Aristocrats!”

joined Sep 6, 2018

I still believe the “Yuri”-tag doesn’t apply to this manga. Since nothing has been going on, romantically, this far into the story, this tag should be omitted.

I also believe the “Age Gap”-tag doesn’t apply here neither as the roles of elder and youngster isn’t as clear cut as other mangas out there.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I still believe the “Yuri”-tag doesn’t apply to this manga. Since nothing has been going on, romantically, this far into the story, this tag should be omitted.

The yuri comes from Midori being in love with Tsugumi

I also believe the “Age Gap”-tag doesn’t apply here neither as the roles of elder and youngster isn’t as clear cut as other mangas out there.

This I agree with since Haru and Midori aren’t an age gap couple

Unless they magically get together right at the end but that would be abrupt and unwanted

last edited at May 1, 2020 9:55PM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

If instead, she grabs her hand and says "come with me if you want to live" then I would be happy, even if (as they say) they don't put a name to their relation

I mean, she did technically do that in the first chapter, albeit it more of a "come with me if you want to live... with me"

Carmilla%20reading
joined Sep 15, 2015

I hope the ending will be good as the rest of this manga and that Haru and Midori find closure instead of keep grieving for Tsugumi.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I mean, she did technically do that in the first chapter, albeit it more of a "come with me if you want to live... with me"

But perhaps back then she did it for Tsugumi, so this time if she does it thinking about Haru(and maybe for herself too), that would be meaningful.

Hmmm but I'll stop here trying to figure out the ending and just let it roll. I'm sad but I'm not mad and I'm yet to be disappointed... I'll just wait fingers crossed

last edited at May 1, 2020 11:31PM

85ebc503-1762-4c99-b946-22c7061bdf7b
joined Mar 22, 2018

the next chapter will be the lAst?

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE THE LAST.

Wait, what!?

joined May 2, 2020

dont want it to enddddd the good ones are always the shortest ones... oh well

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE THE LAST.

Wait, what!?

yes

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

On the one hand, I want the letter to contain a love confession...

... On the other, I want it to contain one of those Nigerian Prince scams

To reply you must either login or sign up.