Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

(Although with johnb, I suspect it's mostly a fundamental "yuri good, het bad" mindset at work.)

Shamefully I think anim8tur nailed it on the head, however crudely. My yuri good, het bad attitude stems from my unshakable feeling that sex between women is inherently pure and innocent. I hate that about myself though. I feel like I'm belittling lesbian love and love making, with it.

Hahaha I feel like I should pay you guys therapy fees.

That was me you’re quoting there, johnb. I just think folks sometimes need a little help to know where you’re coming from, because it’s such an odd (although to me pretty benign) little place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzjLCg1FFL8

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 5:37AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

MacySan posted:

Ohh yeah you completely missed the point. I didn't say I believe that, I said how some Yuri fans think. You don't seem to have scrolled up the conversation much.

I didn't miss the point. You're "attacking" (or pointing at) people who are not worth the time to get angry at, because they are probably a tiny minority of yuri readers.

"This girl is having sex with another girl, it's really exciting, but I consider her a virgin because she didn't experience my powerful dick yet. Then she'll forget about others entirely."

I don't deny that some people may think like that (though that kind of reasoning is beyond me), but I don't think they are worth getting angry at, since they are mostly irrelevant.

There are flat-earthers too.

I wasn't angry nor bitter. This person sounds confused but not ill intended, that's why I replied.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

(Although with johnb, I suspect it's mostly a fundamental "yuri good, het bad" mindset at work.)

Shamefully I think anim8tur nailed it on the head, however crudely. My yuri good, het bad attitude stems from my unshakable feeling that sex between women is inherently pure and innocent. I hate that about myself though. I feel like I'm belittling lesbian love and love making, with it.

Hahaha I feel like I should pay you guys therapy fees.

That was me you’re quoting there, johnb. I just think folks sometimes need a little help to know where you’re coming from, because it’s such an odd (although to me pretty benign) little place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzjLCg1FFL8

I was trying to say that you were right that I have a yuri good, het bad attitude, but anim8tur pretty much summed up wny.
Thanks for the video. It was a bit of a non sequitur, but unless I miss my guess that was point.

Edit: I don't know how to do the multiple quotes with the fancy little headers that lets people know who said what.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 11:14AM

joined Apr 6, 2019

Hm, interesting. I was not aware that this existed. Very much interested in translating this myself. Do you know where I can find good quality raws for this?

I did a little searching in some raw manga archives, but found nothing. :/ Your best bet is asking the Spanish scanlators where they did get their raws. They aren't top quality scans, but look decent enough.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Hm, interesting. I was not aware that this existed. Very much interested in translating this myself. Do you know where I can find good quality raws for this?

I did a little searching in some raw manga archives, but found nothing. :/ Your best bet is asking the Spanish scanlators where they did get their raws. They aren't top quality scans, but look decent enough.

I see. Thanks for the tip. I already messaged them using Google translate (I don't know a lick of Spanish). Here's to hoping that they'd get back to me.

Warikitta Chapter 12 will be up very soon, and with that, we're gonna be caught up with the raws.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Don't know why but i really love that page. Well, Haruki has come in terms with what she want more quickly and also more softly than i thought she would have. I love the metaphor of being naked as "I have nothing to hide, here's my true feelings". That's one character who have come to a closure, 3 more to go.

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

Ok so basically, this manga is terrible and is really unhealthy, but i can't stop reading it, and when i read it, i get a bad taste in my mouth.
But for real though.
This mangaka knows how to do good people? all of them are bad. Selfish, pedophiles, traitors, no respect and sympathy towards others whatsoever. I like a manga that knows how to portrait reality, but good god man, if i wanted to see bad people doing stupid things i'd just get out of my house and be social(Not now though, be safe guys).

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

...Aaaand Haruki is ruined too. Can't say I didn't expect that though.
This needs the 'wtf am I reading' tag. That naked scene between Aya and Haruki was out of place and not necessary.

I find it so weird how the students treat Sei who's their teacher so casually and like flashing their boobs telling her this will cheer her up.

Don't know why but i really love that page. Well, Haruki has come in terms with what she want more quickly and also more softly than i thought she would have. I love the metaphor of being naked as "I have nothing to hide, here's my true feelings". That's one character who have come to a closure, 3 more to go.

True am happy Haruki was able to come to terms with herself.
Question though I know Aya & Sei are the one's that need closure. But who's the third one?

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 9:17PM

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

This mangaka knows how to do good people? all of them are bad. Selfish, pedophiles, traitors, no respect and sympathy towards others whatsoever. I like a manga that knows how to portrait reality, but good god man, if i wanted to see bad people doing stupid things i'd just get out of my house and be social(Not now though, be safe guys).

I think you're viewing it a bit too harshly. This is a messy drama story, I don't think it necessarily tries to go for authentic realism, but I wouldn't say most of the cast is that bad.

True am happy Haruk was able to come to terms with herself.
Question though I know Aya & Sei are the one's that need closure. But who's the third one?

Mochida, I'd guess

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 9:16PM

joined Apr 28, 2019

hold tf.. the best friend is creepy lmfaooo!! you don't have to get all naked...just talk to her like a normal person. this shit cracks me up.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Mochida, I'd guess

Yeah yeah,Mochida need some closure.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

hold tf.. the best friend is creepy lmfaooo!! you don't have to get all naked...just talk to her like a normal person. this shit cracks me up.

can you just imagine that every time someone wants to have a conversation, they just casually strip naked before talking

Mochida, I'd guess

Huh? why does Mochida need to have some closure?

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 9:29PM

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

As someone mentions above, it was probably a way to show that she has nothing to hide, as well as seeing how Aya (and herself) would react. Aya, as we could see, was pretty unfazed about the ordeal, while Haruki could barely keep it together.

Definitely not what I'd pick out to be the most fucked scene about this manga.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Mochida, I'd guess

She need closure with the math teacher, need a hand for Sei thought. Sei need at least to make understand the math teacher that she is not interested in him so Mochida can stop thinking Sei is her enemy when she barely give a fuck.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Haruki has confessed but what does that mean for her and Aya? Will she pursue Aya at all? Will knowing she’s hurting her best friend stop Aya from seeing Sei? If she does; will Sei try to keep Aya with her?

Will Mochida succeed? And what will the new character add to Sei’s story? What would her past relationship expose about her situation with Aya? Does she treat Aya differently?

Side note, I don’t think Haruki getting naked was that weird.... I mean, she’s pretty much invaded Aya’s space all the time. It only makes sense she would share her whole naked truth with Aya. Plus, she gets to see and feel Aya’s goodies....

joined Mar 30, 2016

people are saying haruki’s arc is resolved but to me it isn’t? aya didn’t even answer her feelings and they just laid in the bed naked.... anyway i could see haruki sending the photo she received to mochida for revenge or something. sei will get exposed at her job and drama ensues

Mochida, I'd guess

She need closure with the math teacher, need a hand for Sei thought. Sei need at least to make understand the math teacher that she is not interested in him so Mochida can stop thinking Sei is her enemy when she barely give a fuck.

Ahh makes sense when you put it that way.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Haruki has confessed but what does that mean for her and Aya? Will she pursue Aya at all? Will knowing she’s hurting her best friend stop Aya from seeing Sei? If she does; will Sei try to keep Aya with her?

Will Mochida succeed? And what will the new character add to Sei’s story? What would her past relationship expose about her situation with Aya? Does she treat Aya differently?

This reads like one of those spiels they used to do on old TV shows.

Well, I'm actually at a loss for words about this chapter. I don't want to even try and guess where the story would go next.

We're now caught up with the raws, so it's gonna be a month's wait from now on. Or I guess, at least 16 days for the next one.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I don’t know how much it would help Sei if she told math teacher no. I mean, he pretty much seems like the type to go “you don’t have a boyfriend right? Then let’s just give it a try.” He’s pretty persistent. She ran away from him and he’s still trying to ask her out. Also, since it seems like he’s heard the rumor and doesn’t care, she might be afraid of further backlash....

Plus, Mochida seems pretty glued to her belief that Sei is the reason math teacher is not paying attention to her. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’d blame Sei for breaking her Math dude’s heart and get her fired anyway.

joined Mar 8, 2019

people are saying haruki’s arc is resolved but to me it isn’t? aya didn’t even answer her feelings and they just laid in the bed naked.... anyway i could see haruki sending the photo she received to mochida for revenge or something. sei will get exposed at her job and drama ensues

I don’t think Haruki would send a photo of the girl she’s in love with. Remember, the picture doesn’t just damage Sei. It damages Aya too.

joined Mar 8, 2019

This reads like one of those spiels they used to do on old TV shows.

It seemed appropriate to demonstrate that there’s so much that can still go on.

Well, I'm actually at a loss for words about this chapter. I don't want to even try and guess where the story would go next.

Definitely don’t think Haruki’s counting herself out. Aya’s got a lot to think about. Mostly anxious about Sei and former student.

We're now caught up with the raws, so it's gonna be a month's wait from now on. Or I guess, at least 16 days for the next one.

Thank you for your efforts!

joined Feb 23, 2016

I wanna see them do it..

My%20project%20(4)
joined Jan 15, 2020

I wanna see them do it..

Ah, I see you're a person of culture as well.

To reply you must either login or sign up.