Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

... What??? God this happens to me everytime. I binge read a series and then like 3 months later they release more chapters but I eventually miss some or forget to read the new chapters and now that I've read this newest ones I'm just super confused as to what's going on iejddisosndiejeeuqie

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

I think she just doesn't want to look at it because she doesn't want to feel the pain of his death with that ring.

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

Shino kind of got over the lost of her brother, but does Nozomi get deppresed about the same lost? or doesn't want to remember this now impossible love with him? (is different feel down from the memory than actually have a trauma related to it). Also, Nozomi is in need of affection and contention (preferably from Shino) because she is supporting Shino? or Is she really wishing for being lovers with Shino but that doesn't look appropiate for some reason?

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

This can go in any direction but feels like this won't go on a romantic path (at least for now, I HOPE), we will have to explore the intense feeling of Nozomi and watch Shino discovering ideas and felling she couldn't give a thought...

joined Jan 14, 2020

"I eventually miss some or forget to read the new chapters"

I recently started using the Subscribed list feature. Seems to rely on email rather than a notification on the site, but may help.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

IIRC they were legally married but in a low-key way, like they hadn't had a party/ceremony yet, and maybe not a ring yet either. In which case this would be filling in the gaps, I guess.

I think that's right, although there are a couple of other series with vaguely similar premises that may be running interference in my memory.

We know the brother was young when he proposed, but I don't think we've gotten much detail on the specifics of the family's economic situation before his death, etc. So, yeah, it was almost certainly a matter of "I finally saved up enough to get you a ring."

The ring:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/living_with_my_brothers_wife_ch11#9

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

IIRC they were legally married but in a low-key way, like they hadn't had a party/ceremony yet, and maybe not a ring yet either. In which case this would be filling in the gaps, I guess.

I think that's right, although there are a couple of other series with vaguely similar premises that may be running interference in my memory.

We know the brother was young when he proposed, but I don't think we've gotten much detail on the specifics of the family's economic situation before his death, etc. So, yeah, it was almost certainly a matter of "I finally saved up enough to get you a ring."

The ring:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/living_with_my_brothers_wife_ch11#9

Thanks for the reminder. It's been a while since I re-read this--did we get any data on how long they were married?

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Thanks for the reminder. It's been a while since I re-read this--did we get any data on how long they were married?

Nozomi is 24 at the start of this and he died 6 months prior.
Am guessing they got married right after college?
That would put it at about a year or so married?

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Nozomi is 24 at the start of this and he died 6 months prior.
Am guessing they got married right after college?
That would put it at about a year or so married?

That explains those tears. Wounds are still fresh.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Ring? But they were already married... right? Jeez I’m confused about what this ring for

They’re married. They just registered it tho. They just didn’t have ceremony, not until Shino is finally an adult.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I've only read the latest four chapters or so. Shino saying that she wished she realized Nozomi's feelings earlier sounds pretty gay and not a bait.

That said, this seems slow going. Is it going to be worth reading I wonder? And when will it conclude?

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I've only read the latest four chapters or so. Shino saying that she wished she realized Nozomi's feelings earlier sounds pretty gay and not a bait.

That said, this seems slow going. Is it going to be worth reading I wonder? And when will it conclude?

You’re asking if it’s worth reading? Yes. For me at least. I remember someone recommended it last 2 years on a twitter. And I read the chapters until I reach the latest in one sitting and can’t wait for more lol. It is kinda slow but that’s given since it’s sol. Another thing that I was thankful is that this is at least updated bi-monthly. When will it conclude? No one knows. Kuzushiro seems still enjoying teasiNg the readers, and sort of successful playing minds where it goes or just whatever.

joined Oct 23, 2016

I am pretty sure Nozomi is no longer in love with him and that she has fallen for his little sister. I think she cried because the ring just made her feel bad about what she felt and maybe just a rush of emotions of her late husband.
But, if you have seen the subtle signs, she stopped crying rather quickly when Shino states she gave it to her in place of her brother, which to Nozomi seems like Shino wants her to keep faithful to a man that is no longer with them. But the fact is, she no longer feels anything for him. As you see earlier chapters, she doesn't cry for him anymore, doesn't see him when seeing Shino, her bouts of emotions are linked to Shino and it overwhelms her because Shino has not noticed this and Nozomi doesn't know how to move forward from being a widow and a sister in law, to being something more than that, a lover to Shino.
You see that the ring means nothing to her when she leaves it sitting on the table and the kitten attempts to play with it. Usually when one cares for a sentimental object one is rather defensive over it, but she was either looking away completely without a care for it or looking over at Shino's present.
When you inspect Shino's small monologues, it seems she regrets what she did that Xmas Eve because she failed to realize what Nozomi felt for her and made things worse between them.
If you see a few chapters back, you see that the only one who has realized that Nozomi has fallen for Shino, is her best friend who has stated to know her best and to never lie to her. Another short scene where the friend pops up is at the cemetary scene, where Nozomi and Shino look like they are having a rather intimate moment, than a mournful one. We get a strange reaction from Shino's friend who also locks his eyes on their hands, then we have Nozomi's friend who had been observing them for much longer only mumble the word "Idiots."
I think its because all of them are oblivious to whats going on in Nozomi's heart and Nozomi fails to just come out with what she feels.

I honestly do think they will end up together, the thing is, I think the mangaka intended for this series to be a slow burn yuri series, which honestly, is very well made and very well paced.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 8:38AM

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Nozomi is confusing. Whether she already moved on from her husband or not, no one knows. She seen very happy with Shino, either she feels in love with her or just being dependent to her not to feel lonely. One thing that I noticed from ch.74 when her co-teacher invited her to drink and called her Kishibe-san, (coz according to her co-teacher, she invites her as Kishibe-san and not as Nozomi-sensei, since Nozomi-sensei is sort of strict and proper) Nozomi kinda stricken, and said it’s been a while since she heard someone called her Kishibe san. Obviously it reminds her that she was actually married and once was someone else’s wife. It seems to me, Nozomi kinda forgot about that truth. Not sure if coz she was still in the state of denial of her husband's death or that Shino really helped her move on and invaded her mind fully. Nozomi’s crying seeing the ring might be real sadness about her late husband or just out of guilt realizing herself she’s moving on. Well, no one knows the answers lol. Kuzushiro really played this story well. I actually couldn’t predict where the hell this is going to.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 11:22AM

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Shino kind of got over the lost of her brother, but does Nozomi get deppresed about the same lost?

So I've been trying to figure out the "so it's true" line and I think this is it. And by it, I mean, Nozomi realizing that Shino has moved on and is no longer in the same place as her.

I say this, because last last chapter, and also every other Nozomi-centric chapter before that, Nozomi is shown that she consistently relies on Shino, more than Shino knows, and she clings onto her because she doesn't want to deal with what's-his-face's death. She's not happy, she acts happy, and she tries her best to forget, which is not actually dealing with her problems lol and she focuses all her attention on Shino as if Shino will be the one to bring her happiness. I don't know if there's any romantic attraction or not, because right now, Nozomi just looks like she's unhealthily clinging to the past.

The more Shino does her own thing - gets a part time job, goes out and doesn't contact her, keeps secrets - the more Nozomi is faced with the fact that Shino is her own person and I think losing that type of control and comfort of another person is gonna make her spiral. I'm interested in how this is gonna go, Shino seems completely unaware of Nozomi's inner and consistent turmoil lmao

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Your reading of the “so it’s true” line may be correct.

An alternative reading (I’m not saying it’s a better or more plausible one) is that the line is a parallel to Shino’s at the beach: “I finally get it” (that her brother is dead and never coming back).

They’ve both been in this “Taishi is gone and that’s sad but it’s OK” mode (that’s exactly how we meet Shino in Chapter 1 when the teacher asks her how she’s doing), so maybe without realizing it they are now in the same place.

That’s the core issue with this series: these two people are closely connected and desperately want to be with each other. So is that because:

• They want to be with each other as two people being together (romantic or otherwise)

• They each are the only connection the other one has to the lost brother, and moving on with their lives means giving up that connection

I just don’t know; I do want to find out.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

They’ve both been in this “Taishi is gone and that’s sad but it’s OK” mode (that’s exactly how we meet Shino in Chapter 1 when the teacher asks her how she’s doing), so maybe without realizing it they are now in the same place.

That’s the core issue with this series: these two people are closely connected and desperately want to be with each other. So is that because:

• They want to be with each other as two people being together (romantic or otherwise)

• They each are the only connection the other one has to the lost brother, and moving on with their lives means giving up that connection

I just don’t know; I do want to find out.

lol this slow burn is killing me but the story is intriguing and I rather like this realistic view of 'how they're dealing with Taishi's death' thing and clinging to each other as if they're the only person they have left.

I do think one of the main reasons for Shino being able to move on, is because she thought Nozomi moved on first (I went and reread some previous chapters) so Shino might think they're on the same level but Nozomi's darkening face says otherwise xD

Also after doing a quick reread, I'ved noticed that there is an instance where... Ririko? I don't remember names, Nozomi's blunt friend, told Nozomi to just seduce Shino as if he was Taishi?????? So there's that at least? (also there was that chapter where Shino touches Nozomi's boob and was KOed LOL)

There's also Shino's best friend who's obviously also in love with Shino lol ("You can date someone you know" "nah, I'll date some dude when you do") so I do have hope on the potential for a relationship!

Screenshot_20200409-032304_2
joined Apr 9, 2020

Dang really hit them feels. I want to thank the 0mniessence team for their amazing contributions. This story is so gud ಥ‿ಥ

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Good chapter...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

For an entire month, I was scared to click the next chapters hehehe, I guess I'm getting old, my heart is telling me to avoid risks.

Just like 30 or 50 chapters ago, I have no idea what's gonna happen... I hope we can get a Nozomi POV next time and really go deep into that head of hers

last edited at May 2, 2020 11:23AM

joined Apr 16, 2020

I have so many questions

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Icemointain posted:

I have so many questions

If you point your questions
The fog will surely chew you up
But if you want the answers
You better get ready for the fire!

joined Jan 14, 2020

Haha, this one and MUL updating on the same day.

Tumblr_pcncujlobx1vjy21go6_250
joined Apr 13, 2014

That credit page was the highlight of this whole chapter. 10/10 Would laugh again.

67796623_2919817304757747_5022259989704605696_n
joined Jun 2, 2019

the credit page got me blow air through my nostril

To reply you must either login or sign up.