Forum › Our Days Under One Roof discussion

joined Jun 28, 2018

And, just like that... I'm invested.

Let's do this, can't wait for more!

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

So friggin CUTE

Fireshot%20screen%20capture%20%23073%20-%20'vol_%201%20ch_%201%20(even%20if%20it%20was%20just%20once,%20i%20regret%20it)%20-%20mangadex'%20-%20mangadex_org_chapter_689420_11%20-%20copy
joined May 6, 2018

How great, autobiographical as well!

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

every autobiographical yuri is blessed

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

every autobiographical yuri is blessed

When will we finally add a like button to manga and comments on this site?

Screenshot_20220526-044757
joined Aug 7, 2019

THEY ARE SO CUTE

joined Jul 26, 2016

weird flex but okay Oh I thought the artstyle seemed familiar.

OTOH, instant coffee only?! D:
Savages.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Having someone there to lovingly take care of you when you are sick is a very special thing I think. I've only gotten to be on the receiving end of it once in my adult life, but it is easily one of my most dear memories.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm don't think men are actually bad at yuri. I just feel all of their characters are second hand interpretations of lesbians. I know this is a bit unfair, but as a straight cis man I know it's true.

Actually I agree. It's hard to put it in words, but there is definitely a different feel to actually yuri by yuri as opposed to the second hand version. I think there are a lot of nuances, especially in realistic stories, that are really handled better by people with experience... And a lot of times they draw more varied women.

I guess I just wanted to defend the men who manage to actually seem to get it? There are definitely plenty of bad yuri stories written by people who don't know what they're writing about. Perhaps I'm just sensitive as a cis man myself.

Sure a lot of guys doing yuri are gonna just have stereotypes - thats even ok for certain sorta short stories, comedy, or just smut stuff- but that doesn't mean all of them will - a guy could write a romantic yuri story really well- in fact I bet some on this site are that- BUT- it would require a lot more effort.

Like novelists do, who write about many varied characters nothing like themselves- it just means a LOT of research and getting guidance. Like I remember mamange, the Touhou series with Reisen as a new mom with 3 young girls- its filled with spot on little glimpses of life as a new mom- and people assumed the author had to have been through it all- but it turned out their friend or relative had - and they just talked to them a lot..

So, imo, anyone could write any character going through any experience- as long as they did enough research and talked to people who really had lived whatever you were writing about, to the point where you could come to understand and empathise with it yourself.. At least write it well enough nobody would pick up you were not writing from personal experince

last edited at Apr 12, 2020 1:22PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

P.s Whats with the red border? Is that in the raws or added by the scanlators? Its kinda distracting.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Autobiographical best tag.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

P.s Whats with the red border? Is that in the raws or added by the scanlators? Its kinda distracting.

Yuri Hime has a colour theme at the back of each month's magazine (possibly so the section is easily found when the magazine is closed?). Either Inui Ayu or the editor incorporates the colour into the work itself with certain lines of dialogue. As to whether or not it should be removed, that's up to the scanlator I suppose.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

She actually has a cute autobiographical one shot on this site. It's about her and a few of the other yuri manga artist going to a strip club.

Where can I find this. it doesn't seem to be on Inui Aya's profile page directly.

last edited at Apr 12, 2020 4:14PM

joined Apr 19, 2019

Where can I find this. it doesn't seem to be on Inui Aya's profile page directly.

Not Inui, it’s a Morishima work. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_friends

joined Jun 12, 2019

This is soooo wholesome and adorable I love the mangaka and her gf already omg

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

relationships that cute and love-y dove-Y can't last. The stars that burn the hotest burn out the fastest. And that is both an insight on dating and an astronomy lesson. Your welcome.

last edited at Apr 13, 2020 2:31AM

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

did she get coronavirus?

joined Oct 22, 2018

What the hell kinda adorable lifestile is this mangaka living, OMG squeels

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

You know I used to think high school yuri stories were complete exaggerations until my sister started telling me about all the drama between her high school lesbian friends and the similarities felt surreal

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

You know I used to think high school yuri stories were complete exaggerations until my sister started telling me about all the drama between her high school lesbian friends and the similarities felt surreal

One of my cousins and a college classmate of mine both went to all girls' schools all the way from nursery up to highschool.

Based on their stories, things were... hectic to say the least. If you add (Yes, add. Not replace, add.) a mob of boy hungry girls to Otome no Teikoku it would be a very accurate representation.

There's also the stories from my cousin's alma mater which started accepting boys some time between her Freshman or Sophomore years... just picture out what it's like in a harem anime of a guy that got into a newly-turned-co-ed school. The image is not far off from reality except that there's a whole lot more yuri going on in the foreground.

last edited at Apr 13, 2020 4:04PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

So, imo, anyone could write any character going through any experience- as long as they did enough research and talked to people who really had lived whatever you were writing about, to the point where you could come to understand and empathise with it yourself.. At least write it well enough nobody would pick up you were not writing from personal experince

I should hope so. Or my hopes of writing about The Time I was a Teenage Werewolf aren't going to turn out well since I was only ever one of the things in that title. ^^;

joking aside. This is probably my favorite comment I've ever read on this site. You know. As a delusional person who hopes to write many many things well someday.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Bragging about my awesome girlfriend: the manga.

Tumblr_plvomarjwe1utm2ao_540
joined Dec 11, 2019

noice

joined Jul 26, 2016
joined Oct 22, 2018

Lol, that was hiladorbs.

To reply you must either login or sign up.