Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

While it's not a popular opinion, I truly believe that this is the best time for Utah to make a move. Kaoru is lonely and confused, and Utah is the only person who is there for her right now. She can go be her savior and fix her. And while that is not the ideal way of getting someone to fall for you, there are many love stories that starts from a situation like this.

Utah cannot stop loving Kaori, that is something we have to accept. So I will just support her in chasing Kaoru until we can finally get the yuri we deserves. They can start from a messy love story and just make it beautiful later.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

While it's not a popular opinion, I truly believe that this is the best time for Utah to make a move. Kaoru is lonely and confused, and Utah is the only person who is there for her right now. She can go be her savior and fix her. And while that is not the ideal way of getting someone to fall for you, there are many love stories that starts from a situation like this.

Utah cannot stop loving Kaori, that is something we have to accept. So I will just support her in chasing Kaoru until we can finally get the yuri we deserves. They can start from a messy love story and just make it beautiful later.

I'm generally opposed to abusing people's vulnerable times to make a move. This situation is no different. My guess is the opposite will happen in fact. Kaoru, out of a very deep sense of loneliness and fear, might do something problematic to keep Uta close this time.

I could be totally wrong about that, but I have a gut feeling that it's time for a development like that... no matter how much it will annoy me. I sense a kiss... or at least some very horrible choice of words that will trap Uta again.

"You love me, right? So you will stay with me. You won't leave me alone again... I will even give you what you want." Ahhh why does my brain auto-complete this kind of melodrama!

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 7:04PM

7ddada0d-e246-4846-9f6c-fcb2cf4c80aa
joined Mar 11, 2013

I totally agree with that!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm generally opposed to abusing people's vulnerable times to make a move. This situation is no different. My guess is the opposite will happen in fact. Kaoru, out of a very deep sense of loneliness and fear, might do something problematic to keep Uta close this time.

I could be totally wrong about that, but I have a gut feeling that it's time for a development like that... no matter how much it will annoy me. I sense a kiss... or at least some very horrible choice of words that will trap Uta again.

"You love me, right? So you will stay with me. You won't leave me alone again... I will even give you what you want." Ahhh why does my brain auto-complete this kind of melodrama!

That's been the question all along--when is Kaoru going to be in an healthy enough emotional state such that she could conceivably be an appropriate romantic partner for Uta, (rather than someone desperately using Uta as an emotional crutch), and how is she going to get there?

As ever--beats me.

joined Oct 23, 2016

Gasps!!! Do we have new translators and editors for My Unrequited Love?

No, ChaosTeam will continue to work on it.

You mean continue to neglect it? I dunno why teams think its not up for grabs, just because Chaosteam translates it. Many spanish groups work on the same manga and no one fights another.
Chaosteam has clearly shown favoritism, and thats fine. Finally they said the truth and stopped bullshitting everyone.
Of course they get angry and block people that criticize them on FB, so I have come to dislike them as a group of immature people.
Other translating groups should feel free to translate this project without feeling guilty. Especially if they feel passionate of the story. There is no reason why Chaosteam should feel entitled in keeping this series to themselves and other groups shouldn't feel intimidated.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That remind me of the end of Mimimix

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

Other translating groups should feel free to translate this project without feeling guilty. Especially if they feel passionate of the story. There is no reason why Chaosteam should feel entitled in keeping this series to themselves and other groups shouldn't feel intimidated.

I never really understood that kind of mindset either. Why should a fan translation group feel it has a claim of ownership over a title. Certainly I understand that it would be frustrating to put time and effort into something only to have someone else release it before you. However if a group can't keep up with regular updates then I see no reason why other groups shouldn't be allowed to step in and get it done.

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

I've been following the last five or so chapters with greater interest than before, so not that I have no respect for the story, but still. Am I the only one who, deep down, just wants to see Risako and Kaoru having some very intense and angry sex.

I certainly wouldn't complain. I love her character design and as much of a villain the story seems to make Risako out to be, she is an interesting character. Honestly I don't even think she is that bad. It was logical to assume that Reiichi wasn't interested in Kaoru and was trying to let her off easy, given the amount of times she confessed and failed. On top of that she even checked on Reiich's feelings towards Kaoru before accepting the confession. Given the fact we know she seems to only show or have attachments towards Kaoru, I think its possible that Kaoru is the one she is most interested, even if not as a romantic interest. She's clearly struggling with her lack of feelings and how she has recognized that she is different so I think given the circumstances she hasn't done anything wrong given what we currently know.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I never really understood that kind of mindset either. Why should a fan translation group feel it has a claim of ownership over a title. Certainly I understand that it would be frustrating to put time and effort into something only to have someone else release it before you. However if a group can't keep up with regular updates then I see no reason why other groups shouldn't be allowed to step in and get it done.

Anyway, the thing is resolved and for having personally discuting with PirahnaPlant itself, they said they will stop translating it if ChaosTeam is willing to continue to work on it. So everything is up to ChaosTeam now.

joined Feb 14, 2019

I've been agreeing with your posts on this for the most part (saving me the effort of making a lot of points). That Uta hasn't really "reversed"; letting go of her feelings wasn't ever something she wanted, it was something she thought she ought to do, and now she has revised that. Self discovery is a big part of being a teenager.

In the case of the "auto-complete melodrama" though, so far we haven't seen any sign of Kaoru doing any sort of premeditated manipulation (not even subconsciously), she does occasionally succumb to selfish impulses, like wanting things to stay the same, but not plans like trying to trap Uta or lying to her.
She made one hang-up call, and Uta came running, so she has no reason to be insecure about Uta's devotion. Every time she as asked for support Uta has come though (and many times she didn't even need to ask), contrast all the times she has reached out to Reiichi and been turned down.

I think it is more likely to be another impulse thing - eg she is so relieved/grateful to Uta that she tries to "give her what she wants" in thanks, rather than as some effort to control her. Uta's next step to maturity may well be to see that happening, and gently tell her she doesn't have to anything in return, that she is there for Kaoru because she wants to be.

Ohno
joined Nov 13, 2018

I just did a full reread and there are so many details that I forgot because of the time in between reading each chapter. Just gonna make a list so that I remember the next time there's an update.

• Uta and Reichii's mom is a doctor. The doctor who was with Kaoru's mom in the hospital is Uta and Reichii's mom (this completely went over my head when I read it the first time)

• Kaoru's mom and her hospitalization have something to do with Uta and Reichii's mom leaving her family. This also caused Uta's mom to lose her medical license in Japan.

• Kaoru's mom told Kaoru to not eat the Haagen-Dasz in the freezer when Kaoru visited her in the hospital. When Reichii visits Kaoru fter her mother's death, Kaoru notes that her fridge is empty, but you can see tubs in the freezer that could be ice cream.

• One time, young Uta gave a birthday present to high school Kaoru, which made things awkward for Reichii because he forgot (I thought this was cute).

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Anyway, the thing is resolved and for having personally discuting with PirahnaPlant itself, they said they will stop translating it if ChaosTeam is willing to continue to work on it. So everything is up to ChaosTeam now.

Lol what
Little shit who worked on the chapter ( aka team members) lashed at us in our Facebook page lol
And they still want to keep translating which is fine by me . As long as is not posted here on Dynasty cause we have all the other chapters under our name

joined Dec 26, 2014

Point is we don't care who translates it. We just want our work posted here and not any other team who wanted to release faster. We promise we will announce if we are dropping it and you can have any other team posting it here

joined Jun 7, 2019

If kaoru doesn’t want Uta,I WANT UTA
she is so pure,she went all the way from her home just to check if the woman who REJECTED HER was okay

joined Jun 7, 2019

If kaoru doesn’t want Uta,I WANT UTA
she is so pure,she went all the way from her home just to check if the woman who REJECTED HER was okay

joined Dec 26, 2014

Lol what
Little shit who worked on the chapter ( aka team members) lashed at us in our Facebook page lol
And they still want to keep translating which is fine by me . As long as is not posted here on Dynasty cause we have all the other chapters under our name

I will just quote the answer of PirahnaPlant

If Chaosteam is going to translate future chapters, we will not. I do not intend to fight them over it. If they aren't going to translate them, then we will gladly do it.

You're the one here being not reasonable. There is a reason to be mad yes but there was no reason to act all childish like that. I believe you're all grown adult so i kinda expected to act like one and not like a child throwing a tantrum.

Edit : And yes i actually made the extra mile to ask Pirahna about the matter since someone did not wanted to.

The one who typeset the chapter was just attacking us on our page an hour ago
I just deleted the comments
I'm not being childish, they're being rude by lashing on us on our Facebook page and making everyone attacking us for the delays
They are free to translate it by all means as long as if they don't post it here

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I've reread chapters 28-30 and I've change my mind. BugDevil is completely right. My theory was a product of months between chapters and my revisionist memory. God I hate when a lesbian character steals the man of the girl she likes. That strategy makes zero sense to me. In the end no one wins.

In this scenario it was intended to be a sacrifice though. There was no other strategy involved than taking away the burden from Kaoru.

Wether the intentions are noble or self serving the results are the same. Kaoru is still heartbroken and alone. Risako is still alienated from the person she loves, and Reiichi is unwittingly dating someone who is treating him like a grenade to be jumped on. Everybody still loses.

Well I am glad that for once it was just a misunderstanding instead of one of your weird opinions and interpretations. I dont think I wanted to turn this topic into a longer discussion.

Funny I was thinking the same thing. About your opinions.

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 9:02PM

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

It is ending sooon???? What???

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It is ending sooon???? What???

Well technically we're more near the end than the beginning that's for sure.

joined Aug 29, 2015

I don't see any happy ending with any of the "main pairing". Just gotta see this through till the end.

joined Dec 26, 2014

I don't see any happy ending with any of the "main pairing". Just gotta see this through till the end.

Oh sweet Lord I pray that this manga is ending so all that drama with the fans and the scanlation teams ends once for all
That's what my translator said too though, that she feels that this manga is ending
She had the same feeling about citrus some chapters before it ended and she was right

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Oh sweet Lord I pray that this manga is ending so all that drama with the fans and the scanlation teams ends once for all
That's what my translator said too though, that she feels that this manga is ending
She had the same feeling about citrus some chapters before it ended and she was right

But i hope the author would give us at least 10 chapters of Happy Uta and Kaoru to compensate for all the sufferings in the past 3 years.

joined Feb 14, 2019

Karou's behavior is making more and more sense. Her crush on an idealized fantasy of Reiichi when she was a teen wasn't too much of a stretch considering how lonely she was, but the question was why she didn't grow out of it. Now we see why, she had more or less moved on, but when she was imploding trying to handle adult life alone and the loss of her mother, Reiichi stepped directly into the fantasy role, right down to promising to always be there for her, he led her on, it wasn't all in her head.
(as usual Uta beat him to it, with better follow though)

She was "saved" by her relationship to Reiichi, now she is realising that it wasn't real, and it hurts.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015
  • Kaoru's mom told Kaoru to not eat the Haagen-Dasz in the freezer when Kaoru visited her in the hospital. When Reichii visits Kaoru fter her mother's death, Kaoru notes that her fridge is empty, but you can see tubs in the freezer that could be ice cream.

That definitely looks like a pint size container of ice cream. Sad if she's kept it this whole time but a nice catch.

joined Feb 14, 2019

It is true that there doesn't seem to be a sensible course of events where Uta and Kaoru end up together, there are too many common sense obstacles.

The story has dwelt a lot on the nature of love and the folly of common sense and respectability. Konatsu's nurse wounding them both deeply by "doing the right thing", Kuroe and Miyabi finding their own unique kind of relationship, Uta's parents causing emotional carnage by going though the motions of being a "proper family" without any feeling behind it (Kaoru feeling guilty for wanting her husband to keep her company occasionally).

I don't think we are headed for a conventional ending, but we might get a happy unconventional one - either Uta and Kaoru finding a way to care for each other outside romance, or Kaoru and Uta getting together in defiance of all convention and common sense (possibly aided by Risako, who has said she admires Kaoru's ability to live out her emotions).

To reply you must either login or sign up.