Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

joined Mar 27, 2020

Ok, so now we know for sure this is Ayako's first love. And since she's denser than any black hole in existence, she didn't realize until Akira kissed her AND pointed out how different it felt.

I'm concerned over how Ayako was incredibly calm and collected when confessing to Asuka. I'd wager she's about to start the next statement with "...but." I think she'll try to distance herself, after all.

Mochima posted:

I read the first chapter a few years ago when it came out and ran away in disgust. Now I'm here, after binging the entire series [...]

I'm making a habit of asking this question: what changed your mind about reading it again?

Very curious as well.

The sheer amount of comments implied that this series was either really good or a dumpster fire. And humans are attracted to fire, so here I am...

last edited at Apr 2, 2020 1:52PM

Img_os7f7k
joined Oct 6, 2018

My jaw has just fallen on the floor, I'm still looking for it xD

Ok6w_kokdtoqqqldbioparunlpmilxcjwpbtwulrt1y
joined Apr 23, 2019

I'm concerned over how Ayako was incredibly calm and collected when confessing to Asuka. I'd wager she's about to start the next statement with "...but." I think she'll try to distance herself, after all.

Yep, I so thought the same. It's just not possible for her to say: "Yes I love you, now my daughter, we should calmly head toward the bed and proceed scientifically to the logical outcome."

I can NOT fathom this.

joined Mar 27, 2020

Yep, I so thought the same. It's just not possible for her to say: "Yes I love you, now my daughter, we should calmly head toward the bed and proceed scientifically to the logical outcome."

I can NOT fathom this.

You're right, I don't think this will end well, at least not short-term.

I just re-read this, and just noticed that Ayako's arms are crossed while admitting she loved Asuka. So, she's deadpan and exhibits a closed body language. She might have acknowledged she loves Asuka, but emotionally she's already put miles of distance between them. Now, if she'll also try to physically distance herself, that remains to be seen.

last edited at Apr 2, 2020 3:02PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Eh. So far this manga has been full of direct characters going the direction route at every opportunity.

I find it more likely here next sentence is going to be "So we should go on a date." than "So we need to keep our distance (for now)."

But most likely she just wants to talk about it reasonably.

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

Asuka’s grandparents must be the chillest people on earth to have raised two nonchalant kids, one that married the girl that didn’t love him back and the other not giving a shit about incest.

This is one of my favourite threads to read

joined Jul 26, 2016

Asuka’s grandparents must be the chillest people on earth to have raised two nonchalant kids, one that married the girl that didn’t love him back and the other not giving a shit about incest.

Hey now, near as we've been told Atsushi was the closest Ayako did come to genuine romantic love until now - she has certainly shown no second thoughts over the relationship and remembers him with affection. And Akira somewhat by necessity has a rather estranged relationship with "conventional morality" in such matters to begin with, plus more to the point would pretty much die for what's effectively her surrogate family; she's about the last person around to sweat the (not-so-)small stuff.

brimstone_cat
joined Jul 1, 2019

are raws available for this one?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm not quite surebut we have catch to the raws some times ago so there is no raws so to speak for the moment.

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

I can NOT fathom this.

I just re-read this, and just noticed that Ayako's arms are crossed while admitting she loved Asuka. So, she's deadpan and exhibits a closed body language. She might have acknowledged she loves Asuka, but emotionally she's already put miles of distance between them. Now, if she'll also try to physically distance herself, that remains to be seen.

I can certainly see this being the case but I really hope shes just setting the tone for an important conversation they need to have about how to progress from this point on.

brimstone_cat
joined Jul 1, 2019

I'm not quite surebut we have catch to the raws some times ago so there is no raws so to speak for the moment.

thank you so much

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Asuka.....I love you.....

As a daughter

joined Feb 14, 2019

I can NOT fathom this.

I can certainly see this being the case but I really hope shes just setting the tone for an important conversation they need to have about how to progress from this point on.

She was "closed" when she was curled up in a corner at Akira's place too. She didn't rush back because she was convinced what she feels/did is ok, she rushed back because running away would hurt Asuka. She probably doesn't even have a plan. It seems like she is now aware of her feelings, and has probably decided to confess, but she is still ashamed/anxious about it, so defensive body language is to be expected (Ayako isn't particularly open or expressive at the best of times).

I think it is likely heading for a talk, which could be very interesting, since Ayako has no previous experience with falling in love, and has only just realised her own feelings, it probably hasn't occurred to her yet that Asuka is feeling the same things she is. That revelation could have rather big implications for what "not hurting Asuka" means.

LesbianPirate
Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

asuka's probably gonna be all like "yeah duh that's natural for a mom" and ayako's probably gonna be like "fuck me right here right now with that ladle in your hand" and go in depth with her confession in the next chapter

i can't wait yall

21294649_1973051396268417_6602197588240236544_n
joined Jun 7, 2015

asuka's probably gonna be all like "yeah duh that's natural for a mom" and ayako's probably gonna be like "fuck me right here right now with that ladle in your hand" and go in depth with her confession in the next chapter

i can't wait yall

LMAO I love this XD

Can't wait for the next chapter. Actually, I'm glad Ayako's confession

joined Apr 2, 2020

Do you think she screams her name or she just says "Mom! Aaahhhh!!!" when they're having sex?

She won't be able to scream, Her mouth will be ... busy with her Mom ... I can see Ayako asking Her to call Her by name tho

joined Feb 14, 2019

Asuka's thoughts about how much Ayako has given up for her could have a non-obvious angle - if Ayako does try to shut things down, Asuka may recognise it as another attempt at self-sacrifice for her sake, and call her out on it (when otherwise she has been trying to be more considerate of Ayako's needs).

joined Jun 25, 2017

This mom is too much of an airhead. Ahhhh!!!!

Really? I think Ayako is really smart and realistic. I think she was in denial, but most of all, she's never been in love... So she really couldn't understand her feelings till now.

last edited at Apr 2, 2020 10:44PM

joined Jun 25, 2017

Do you think she screams her name or she just says "Mom! Aaahhhh!!!" when they're having sex?

She won't be able to scream, Her mouth will be ... busy with her Mom ... I can see Ayako asking Her to call Her by name tho

Oh!!! I would adore that. Imagine? Asuka calling her spouse by her actual name.

( ◜‿◝ )♡

joined Jun 25, 2017

I can NOT fathom this.

She was "closed" when she was curled up in a corner at Akira's place too. She didn't rush back because she was convinced what she feels/did is ok, she rushed back because running away would hurt Asuka. She probably doesn't even have a plan. It seems like she is now aware of her feelings, and has probably decided to confess, but she is still ashamed/anxious about it, so defensive body language is to be expected (Ayako isn't particularly open or expressive at the best of times).

I think it is likely heading for a talk, which could be very interesting, since Ayako has no previous experience with falling in love, and has only just realised her own feelings, it probably hasn't occurred to her yet that Asuka is feeling the same things she is. That revelation could have rather big implications for what "not hurting Asuka" means.

I really really hope Ayako doesn't close off and just let's go. So they can both experience beimg stupid teenagers in love to growing older & wiser together... Always. Going past them finally getting together officially... I can't wait for what comes after that. Like hiding it??? I feel like Asuka will not be able to control her excitement. Lol but can't wait for the next step!!! Them becoming an actual couple. (Crossing fingers)

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

OH, things are starting to get interesting...
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

I can NOT fathom this.

I really really hope Ayako doesn't close off and just let's go. So they can both experience beimg stupid teenagers in love to growing older & wiser together... Always. Going past them finally getting together officially... I can't wait for what comes after that. Like hiding it??? I feel like Asuka will not be able to control her excitement. Lol but can't wait for the next step!!! Them becoming an actual couple. (Crossing fingers)

Agreed. Very excited about where this might go. I really want to see their daily romantic dating life as well and how they will handle their relationship given its implications. Hopefully they will become a couple and if they do, I hope we get to see how their relationship plays out for a while. I hate it when series end shortly after the characters get together. I'd wager though given that because we still have some other plot ends to tie up not related to AyakoxAsuka, there should be a good amount of story left. For example we still don't know full details about Akira's past, Ayako's past, and Miyuki's situation yet.

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

Am I the only one that likes Asuka calling Ayako “Mom” or is it just me..

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

For example we still don't know full details about [...] Miyuki's situation yet.

Taiyaki wrote that the story of Ogawa sisters will be told in separate spin-off.

Speaking of which I just remembered that we have a couple of extras still waiting to be released. Goggled Anon, are you fine with typesetting them too?

last edited at Apr 3, 2020 4:54AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.