Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

If I were Maki, I think I might have a hard time not resenting Midori's child. I know that's terrible and the child is completely innocent. However the child would be a living reminder to Midori's betrayal.

What kind of possessive weirdo would you have to be to think your like high school sweet heart sleeping with someone else is a betrayal

This website is wild

last edited at Mar 16, 2020 6:40AM

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

If I were Maki, I think I might have a hard time not resenting Midori's child. I know that's terrible and the child is completely innocent. However the child would be a living reminder to Midori's betrayal.

I can understand that. As for myself, I don't think I could resent the child. I would have a hard time feeling anything for them---like, they're a totally foreign entity or something.

Aaand, holy smokes, Komari is Midori 2.0. At least the guy seems to be friendly but a little bit intrusive... So, there's more drama it seems. Let it rain then.

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Midori's betrayal.

She fucked was coerced into fucking someone she formed a relationship with years after she had last seen Maki. Like, sure, there deffo are people who’d hold a grudge over something so drastically removed from themselves, but...

joined May 11, 2018

Still pathetic all around.

joined Dec 5, 2019

just from what I read on this page, it seems wise for me not to read the previous comment pages for the sake of my rage free Monday

LIke others said, it's way easier to give advice than it is to follow your own advice. Let's hope Midori and Maki can help Komari to be more honest with herself, I really like this manga for it's sensible and all to real subjects, but as a work of fiction I hope things work out well in the end since that is not very common in real life.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I can understand that. As for myself, I don't think I could resent the child. I would have a hard time feeling anything for them---like, they're a totally foreign entity or something.

Gonna hazard a wild guess neither of you have much firsthand experience with small children...

At least the guy seems to be friendly but a little bit intrusive...

TBF to him he's probably getting some very confusing signals.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I'm glad Badis isn't around anymore. I don't even think they were a girl like they claimed to be. Either way, I feel bad for Komari, but at least her boyfriend is a shithead like Tazune.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Gonna hazard a wild guess neither of you have much firsthand experience with small children...

Seriously—people fantasize about time-traveling and killing baby Adolf Hitler, but 99 out of 100 of them would get there and be like, “Aww, wook—he’s a widdle world-conqueror! Yes he is! Who’s a big boy?”

joined Dec 5, 2019

Seriously—people fantasize about time-traveling and killing baby Adolf Hitler, but 99 out of 100 of them would get there and be like, “Aww, wook—he’s a widdle world-conqueror! Yes he is! Who’s a big boy?”

killing adolescent shithead hitler would be much easier....ugh...teenagers....

joined Apr 29, 2018

What kind of possessive weirdo would you have to be to think your like high school sweet heart sleeping with someone else is a betrayal

This website is wild

i'm sorry but if you know you want to fit society's "rules" and get the "D" you DON'T date a girl, make her believe you love her and then dump her. midori was really a bitch at that time she knew she wasn't serious about maki at that time because she left without any hesitation at all don't tell me this isn't betrayal. she even acted as if it was nothing when they met years later. this is common sense you don't stay with someone who betrayed you like midori did unless your a masochist (witch is fine who am i to judge?). this is not being possessive the story clearly implied that midori made maki believe she was more that just a "sweet heart" and then dump her.maki truly believed they had something true together. i'm sorry but this "half tazune" child is and will always be a huge betrayal like a stain that can be erased. i still wonder why maki even care about it. anybody with a bit of common sense would have just moved on and left midori in her s*** she doesn't deserve maki.

last edited at Mar 16, 2020 11:21AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

This website is wild

i'm sorry but if you know you want to fit society's "rules" and get the "D" you DON'T date a girl, make her believe you love her and then dump her. midori was really a bitch at that time she knew she wasn't serious about maki at that time don't tell me this isn't betrayal. this is common sense you don't stay with someone who betrayed you like midori did unless your a masochist (witch is fine who am i to judge?). this is not being possessive the story clearly implied that midori made maki believe she was more that just a "sweet heart" and then dump her.maki truly believed they had something true together. i'm sorry but this "half tazune" child is and will always be a huge betrayal. i still wonder why maki even care about it. anybody with a bit of common sense would have just move on and left midori in her s***

Bullshit. The betrayal was when Midori dumped Maki like an old glove upon graduation (which the latter is understandably still a bit sour over), in due accord with the whole "experimental phase" trope because she is nothing if not slave to conventions.

This has exactly fuck-all to do with the bun she got in the oven years later when she hadn't even spoken with Maki after the above. If they'd continued some sort of romantic relationship then, sure, Midori going and ending up preggers after fucking some dude would be quite a legitimate grievance (cheating ain't cool mang), but as things stand they led wholly separate lives and it was no business whatsoever of Maki's what she did or who she opted to sleep with irrespective of how bad her reasons for it now may have been.

Your claim that it somehow magically was is pure possessive obsessed stalker logic. And Maki thankfully isn't such a disturbed person as to try and claim some kind of bizarre remote-control authority over another woman's sexuality.

last edited at Mar 16, 2020 11:23AM

joined Apr 29, 2018

Bullshit. The betrayal was when Midori dumped Maki like an old glove upon graduation (which the latter is understandably still a bit sour over), in due accord with the whole "experimental phase" trope because she is nothing if not slave to conventions.

This has exactly fuck-all to do with the bun she got in the oven years later when she hadn't even spoken with Maki after the above. If they'd continued some sort of romantic relationship then, sure, Midori going and ending up preggers after fucking some dude would be quite a legitimate grievance (cheating ain't cool mang), but as things stand they led wholly separate lives and it was no business whatsoever of Maki's what she did or who she opted to sleep with irrespective of how bad her reasons for it now may have been.

Your claim that it somehow magically was is pure possessive obsessed stalker logic. And Maki thankfully isn't such a disturbed person as to try and claim some kind of bizarre remote-control authority over another woman's sexuality.

did you read what the other comment said? that the child was a REMINDER of midori's betrayal! if she hadn't be a bitch back then and left maki she wouldn't have messed up and wouldn't have been with child! so yeah indirectly the child is a reminder that midori and maki got separated BECAUSE of her betrayal. the child is just the consequence of that séparation and so is PART of the betrayal. that won't change the fact that back then midori has been a bitch and still doesn't deserves maki at all. and that maki absolutly don't owe her to take care of an unwanted child witch she have nothing to do with. midori deserves to raise it ALONE. all of that wouldn't have been a problem if midori wasn't trying to come to maki only because she have NO OTHER option.

last edited at Mar 16, 2020 11:41AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

What a bizarre exercise in purity-obsessed teleology that insists on conflating quite separate matters.

joined Apr 29, 2018

What a bizarre exercise in purity-obsessed teleology that insists on conflating quite separate matters.

if you say so. i still haven't forgotten how midori was a bitch back then and she's just going back to maki because she have NO ONE ELSE and as i said before i need to see it to believe that she is honest.because i still think she's faking.she would have broke up properly with maki with a good excuse,i would have think differently about her.if she hadn't been that insensitive at the begining i would have had some simpathy for her. she left her once i don't think she deserves a second chance. if someone was throwing a knife at you and miss, will you give back the knife so it could succed? i have nothing nice to say about midori so i'll just stick to the "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything" so i'll stay quiet about midori from now on.

last edited at Mar 16, 2020 12:21PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

i have nothing nice to say about midori so i'll just stick to the "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything" so i'll stay quiet about midori.

If only you had started earlier.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

I hate that we live in a world where people still have to hide the real sexuality because of laws and religion

joined May 1, 2013

Unpopular opinion but Midori should stay on her own. She is having a child and is unable to be romantically alone. That kid will have it rough if she doesn't get better.

This is the part of the plot of this thing I'm still struggling with. I'm ambivalent about the husband being such an irredeemable person, because even though it's normally a lazy plot device to make it okay for him to be dumped and for the True Couple to get together, in this manga he's got enough complexity that I feel okay about it.

But, Midori's whole thing is she just smiles and goes along with things. It feels kinda thematically jarring that she's handed this excuse for leaving him on a silver platter.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I hate that we live in a world where people still have to hide the real sexuality because of laws and religion

Tbh Japan is not really open with LGBT stuff, there is some better thought.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I hate that we live in a world where people still have to hide the real sexuality because of social pressures to conform

FTFY, given homosexuality has been decriminalised for some time now in the civilised world (in the "West" France got a head start in 1791).

last edited at Mar 16, 2020 4:43PM

joined Sep 13, 2018

This is the part of the plot of this thing I'm still struggling with. I'm ambivalent about the husband being such an irredeemable person, because even though it's normally a lazy plot device to make it okay for him to be dumped and for the True Couple to get together, in this manga he's got enough complexity that I feel okay about it.

But, Midori's whole thing is she just smiles and goes along with things. It feels kinda thematically jarring that she's handed this excuse for leaving him on a silver platter.

I mean the whole point is that Midori's kind of been smiling and going along with whatever up until she met Maki again. It's not like, just "smiling and going along with things" she actively wants and finds a more earnest happiness in doing things with Maki. Can you explain more why you find it thematically jarring?

Side note: Y'all seriously are too cruel to gay women imho. The way some folks like ypassionate talk makes you think that there's nothing like homophobia or misogyny that exists in the world. Like, maybe you could call the end of their Class S relationship cruel,but Midori probably felt it was coming a mile away and expected Maki to feel the same. She really did love her after all. Or hell, I don't even think Komari and Midori's situations are even comparable. Midori was deep into Class S mindset, she's not stupid or whatever for being a gay woman under pressures of a heterosexual society. Komari's keenly aware she's gay, she's just got her boyfriend to act as a beard because she lives on a small island where she'll likely be totally ostracized if it's known that she's a lesbian. Should Komari be honest with him and break up? Yeah, and I imagine she is going to, especially as she watches Maki and Midori actually start dating and all. No need to fret about it.

joined Jul 26, 2016

This is pretty much Midori's character setting.

And it's kind of a major theme in the story how that isn't good for anyone.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

killing adolescent shithead hitler would be much easier.... ugh... teenagers....

Fantasies about time-traveling and killing Adolf Hitler can make some good stories, yo. xP

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Hey, did you know that the author know about this translation?

Has also made something about a girl in Komari's town in her twitter.

And chapter 16 will going out the 24 of March but the author also said that this serie will have 4 volumes, one each month in a row, starting March (if Google translates translated it well done).

I have to say that I love this manga serie so I did read none of the posts this thread have because it recked at "ugggg I don't like this serie so I'll just say shit instead of read other things"

joined Jan 14, 2020

"i'm sorry but if you know you want to fit society's "rules" and get the "D" you DON'T date a girl, make her believe you love her and then dump her."

Have you heard of Class S relationships? Girls having a homoromantic relationship in high school as "training wheels for real relationships" is a whole social script in Japan.

joined May 1, 2013

I mean the whole point is that Midori's kind of been smiling and going along with whatever up until she met Maki again. It's not like, just "smiling and going along with things" she actively wants and finds a more earnest happiness in doing things with Maki. Can you explain more why you find it thematically jarring?

Mostly because she could get with Maki not necessarily because she knows that's what she wants and it would make her happy, but rather because her situation with the boyfriend is just so extremely and obviously horrible, even someone who's typically passive would leave.

Although that's maybe where we're going? Maki IS very convenient for her right now, so maybe the drama's gonna be forcing herself to actually confront the question of whether or not she's talking advantage of Maki's feelings.

To reply you must either login or sign up.