Forum › And Kaede Blooms Gorgeously discussion

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

A bit of Warning

later on in the series the chapters get dark even in the latest chapter ...well I won't spoiler it

But that's exactly what we use the spoiler bars for... so we can talk about things without ruining it for others.... lol....

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

Consider me invested. Cute and fluffy but highly disturbing. That feeling of wanting to see more but at the same time dreading what comes out of all this. Can't wait to find out more about the mistress' past.

Slavery and Smartphones in the same era? Seems weird, but sure

Not that weird. I mean, our own world is like that. There's countless people that are in Kaede's former situation right now.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Indeed. Human trafficking and slavery are HUGE issues that are just not well-broadcast. I live in the US and we have a huge problem with human trafficking here that nobody wants to acknowledge, in my state there is a city up north of me that is simply KNOWN as a city hub where kidnapped folks--usually the very young of both genders--go to and "disappear". It's insane and frightening.

So while it may be a tad extreme to expect to see a grown woman "bought" in "a normal Japanese setting", one who has been visibly scarred, had an eye gouged out, and even partially flayed... it's still not impossible, especially for those that have money....

last edited at Mar 10, 2020 4:44PM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Considering a conversation that happens in a later chapter, this comment is kinda funny to see.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was special.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Well thic can tie me over as i wait for Vampire and Junior to be continiued

A bit of Warning

later on in the series the chapters get dark even in the latest chapter ...well I won't spoiler it

But that's exactly what we use the spoiler bars for... so we can talk about things without ruining it for others.... lol....

well the thing is that not all of them are translated into English yet so I only saw the raws.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Hope Kaede isn’t much of a feet girl

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Do you really think that just because humanity is more modern nowadays that slavery doesn't exist? Shit, there's even concentration camps in China and who knows where else being kept in secret.

People say "never again" but it still happens.

Quiescent-Rose
Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

Might be a bit too heavy handed with the edgy angst for me

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Do you really think that just because humanity is more modern nowadays that slavery doesn't exist? Shit, there's even concentration camps in China and who knows where else being kept in secret.

In the US it's broken into two main categories: sex trafficking and labor trafficking.

Usually those forced into sex work are shuttled off to other countries where it's easier to control their victims and fly under the radar of law enforcement, but certainly not all. It's a very black market sort of affair.

Those forced into labor are either forced to work on farms or do other sorts of manual labor, or are forced to work in the homes of people who have the monetary and social means to keep their "servant", servile, with threats, manipulation, isolation, debt bondage, etc.

Kaede in this story appears to have been forced into both, given her reactions we've seen already; and despite her new mistress being pretty benevolent so far, it's still forced labor under the premise of Kaede being property and not a person. So... yeah. It's realistic. Weird? Yeah, also weird that this goes on in the real word. But yeah...

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

ah finally some good shit

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

No thank you.

78519a80bda4a346c682b1a92a6a70883ccaf876ac706c027e9425ec84be03c5
joined Nov 28, 2017

i am already crying good plot <3

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Damn, forcing your slave to sleep on a Facebook cat emoji pillow. That’s got to be a lot worse than the implied forced coprophagia/piss drinking.

last edited at Mar 10, 2020 6:57PM

joined Dec 28, 2019

I really hope Kaede gets better this poor girl

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

And suddenly everything else.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yeah, I hope you didn't think it will had been cute shit. Juste a little spoiler ahead Kaede get kidnapped by her "mom" and Fuuka will save her. I leave you how to your imagination.

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

"Look at those sheep, living peaceful lives"...She says while sitting on a park bench enjoying the sunshine.

I really feel like this scene would make more sense/have more impact if done from a basement window or something? I didn't even realize they were still connected to the underground, I thought Fuuka was just a rich person who bought a friend (as you do in mangaland).

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Chapters are out of order

On the series itself, I like it okay, but it could stand to be a bit less talky

joined Jun 30, 2015

It is not slavery. You can't treat your own body part as slave.

But wait would we get to "masturbation" scene?

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, that was a thing. From Kaede's reaction, I'm thinking 'mom' isn't who she says....

Fatvhoyx0am9qa0
joined Jan 20, 2019

this is the same person who made "Yuri Lover-san and Serious Yuri-san" I'm dead, this is some creepy yet boppin stuff

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

this is weirdly wholesome? the tags made me kinda want to brush it aside but I got intrigued, and I'm glad I checked it out. BTW that Mistress's "something"... I want to know what she wants to get back.... beside the obvious answer...

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

In the US it's broken into two main categories: sex trafficking and labor trafficking.

Usually those forced into sex work are shuttled off to other countries where it's easier to control their victims and fly under the radar of law enforcement, but certainly not all. It's a very black market sort of affair.

Those forced into labor are either forced to work on farms or do other sorts of manual labor, or are forced to work in the homes of people who have the monetary and social means to keep their "servant", servile, with threats, manipulation, isolation, debt bondage, etc.

Kaede in this story appears to have been forced into both, given her reactions we've seen already; and despite her new mistress being pretty benevolent so far, it's still forced labor under the premise of Kaede being property and not a person. So... yeah. It's realistic. Weird? Yeah, also weird that this goes on in the real word. But yeah...

I feel like I hear about human trafficking all the time. Wasn't there that case about that truck in the UK recently that had a bunch of people die because they were being trafficked in a truck? They couldn't breathe and it got too hot I believe. It is rather ironic to see someone say this never happens when this manga touches upon this very issue lol

So like, the art kinda scares me more than the topic and story lmao is it just me?

To reply you must either login or sign up.