Forum › Hero-san and Former General-san discussion

joined Jun 1, 2016

I wanna feel bad for the leader, but she's a terrible boss so nah

joined Jun 5, 2018

Rip X. Can we give her some nickname already? She must've poked in the sand all sulky with a stick she found nearby all day, just to throw a trantum afterwards and let her popularity drop even further. But damn, her fetish is on point with black thigh high socks. So lets call her good-taste-chan.

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

I love this manga, but there's something I can't get out of my head.

Are the generals and their leader also humans? Because the common antinoids lack sentience and emotions, yet the generals are very much human-like. And I doubt they're evil by nature (look at Honey San, the other generals and even lame boss sometimes).

I know it's a comedy, but I want to think they aren't evil and will have.a happy yuri life.

last edited at Mar 7, 2020 5:16AM

DragonSpartan90
joined Mar 7, 2020

Someone has started a tvtrope page for this manga: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manga/HeroSanAndFormerGeneralSan and I've been adding tropes while rereading the manga. Any edits and contributions are appreciated.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Are the generals and their leader also humans? Because the common antinoids lack sentience and emotions, yet the generals are very much human-like. And I doubt they're evil by nature (look at Honey San, the other generals and even lame boss sometimes).

Well they keep calling themselves Antinoids and referring to themselves as something distinct from humans so. Suspiciously familiar-looking aliens/extradimensionals/whatever-other-nonhumans aren't exactly a new thing in the genre as far as I know, or "speculative fiction" in general (cough rubber foreheads cough).

I know it's a comedy, but I want to think they aren't evil and will have.a happy yuri life.

As Melt and Kyouka demonstrate the two are not particularly mutually exclusive :d

last edited at Mar 7, 2020 10:09AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

...or actually X spells it right out what they are. Standard Magical Girl negative emotion beings or bootleg Warhammer Chaos? You decide!

Also rereading the series holy shit Melt and Cool have badass battle forms owo Kyouka agrees on the first, swoons

last edited at Mar 7, 2020 11:45AM

joined Jun 5, 2018

I demand you call "lame boss" good-taste-chan! This is not optional!

last edited at Mar 7, 2020 3:56PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

The swimsuit chapter would have been my favorite chapter, if I was a loney otaku boy, who never talked to an actual girl before.

Said the otaku boy on the manga site who just read the swimsuit chapter. Glass houses and kettles etc.

Im my defence, I always hated the whole idea of fan service. I mean this chapter would have been just fine with our heros just being well drawn in swimsuits. I didn't need the way over the top, close up crotch, and boob shots. They just made me feel like a pervert. I think I would have felt less drity, if the characters just stripped down and had sex.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

^You can sit this one out, champ. I got this. Stares at Melt's flattop.

joined Sep 1, 2017

^You can sit this one out, champ. I got this. Stares at Melt's flattop.

umm... oookkkaaayyy... Thanks I guess???

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

The swimsuit chapter would have been my favorite chapter, if I was a loney otaku boy, who never talked to an actual girl before.

Said the otaku boy on the manga site who just read the swimsuit chapter. Glass houses and kettles etc.

Im my defence, I always hated the whole idea of fan service. I mean this chapter would have been just fine with our heros just being well drawn in swimsuits. I didn't need the way over the top, close up crotch, and boob shots. They just made me feel like a pervert. I think I would have felt less drity, if the characters just stripped down and had sex.

Just earlier I was saying how the comments on this site are often a mess, then I come here and see you essentially saying anyone who enjoys fan-service is a "lonely Otaku boy, that's never talked to a girl before". A lot of females enjoy fan-service, a lot of females make fan-service. This is like that Mighty No. 9 trailer, that went out of it's way to say anime fans are all boys that can't get a girl to go to prom with them, despite there being a lot of female anime fans and a lot of women working in the industry.

It's exhausting to see petty childish insults like this. It's pointless and doesn't progress the comment section in a positive or productive way. Anyone that likes fan-service is fine, anyone that doesn't is also fine. Neither side should be slinging insults at each other.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Just earlier I was saying how the comments on this site are often a mess, then I come here and see you essentially saying anyone who enjoys fan-service is a "lonely Otaku boy, that's never talked to a girl before". A lot of females enjoy fan-service, a lot of females make fan-service. This is like that Mighty No. 9 trailer, that went out of it's way to say anime fans are all boys that can't get a girl to go to prom with them, despite there being a lot of female anime fans and a lot of women working in the industry.

It's exhausting to see petty childish insults like this. It's pointless and doesn't progress the comment section in a positive or productive way. Anyone that likes fan-service is fine, anyone that doesn't is also fine. Neither side should be slinging insults at each other.

Woe there dude!. Slow your roll. First off. I was joking with my first comment. As bugpope pointed out I'm reading this series too. Okay maybe it was a bit stereotype-ish. Maybe I should have said a horny teenager who is having trouble getting some, or something. But it was ment be funny, and not an attack on otaku fandom. Second while I stand by my second post. I don't see how you think my personal dislike of gratuitous fan service is in anyway an insult to your person.

last edited at Mar 26, 2020 1:32PM

Bsys
joined Jun 22, 2019

^don't worry johnb, your comment was funny, especially the last sentance. You just expressed what you dislike about it, at least I don't think that is an insult to me, people like different things. Making a little fun of eachother is alright too, to me fanservice is a good sign that they are being honost about what demographic they are going for, unlike something like shounen-action that pretends to be for boys :P

I got suckered in again, Honey-san is too charming.

last edited at Apr 9, 2020 2:43PM

joined Feb 22, 2019

new chapter released its a origin episode, the first Henshin of Rapid Rabbit

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

We've merged the "Web ver." with the main series, as it kept us from releasing some neat Twitter extras. (Web ver #1, #2, and #3 are now chapters 0.1, 0.2, and 5.5 respectively)

joined Jun 12, 2019

Well that was dark and sad. Why do I feel like she didn’t die tho even tho they mentioned it.. hmmm

joined May 24, 2015

THERE's the stock dark past behind her powers. For a second there I thought this main character wanted to help people because she wanted to help people.
In all seriousness, I think that mysterious character is either A) the child's mom seeking "revenge" (aka "you're the reason my child died"; or
B) the child herself, also becoming a superhero, and a comedic love triangle is born.
I'm more leaning on the latter

joined Oct 17, 2014

THERE's the stock dark past behind her powers. For a second there I thought this main character wanted to help people because she wanted to help people.
In all seriousness, I think that mysterious character is either A) the child's mom seeking "revenge" (aka "you're the reason my child died"; or
B) the child herself, also becoming a superhero, and a comedic love triangle is born.
I'm more leaning on the latter

The "mysterious character" is just X without the cloak. Her Dimension Tool matches X's dimension tool and you can see X's sunhat from the previous chapter.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

You sure about that? I mean the girl was "killed" in a manner where no body was found. That is often used in fiction to imply that she somehow didn't die and possibly might be X herself.

joined Oct 17, 2014

You sure about that? I mean the girl was "killed" in a manner where no body was found. That is often used in fiction to imply that she somehow didn't die and possibly might be X herself.

Her body was found. The outline of her head is shown in page 27.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

But still the protagonist survived the bomb going off despite being very close to the detonation zone. That and the legs shown in page 35 look shorter than a typical adult.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I think we've well established that X isn't Yuumi, not at least because she's been an evil boss long before Hayate became a hero.

And damn, I didn't even notice that head outline before.

joined Oct 17, 2014

That's literally X. Besides the visual cues, she's also at the beach, where X was in the previous chapter. Claiming X is Yuumi is a huge stretch considering that X was an active Antinoid at that time and planted the Dimension Tool to begin with.

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

Cool Down is just... the best. Give her a girlfriend dammit!!!

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Can I just say how much I love the designs in this manga? Rapid Rabbit, the Kaijin themselves, Honey Trap, they're all so good! And X's design is basically perfect. It's got that menacing vibe the main villain needs while at the same time bearing a resemblance to Rapid Rabbit, which is probably completely intended since Hayate's dimension tool was made from X herself. Having X's kaijin form be like a dark, evil mirror to Rapid Rabbit actually reminds me a lot of Kuuga and Daguva.

Though I will say I expect some sort of upgraded form or SOMETHING for the very soon approaching battle with X, since they I doubt we'd get to see her without the cloak if it wasn't. Maybe some sort of fusion or combination attack with Honey? Regardless, given this is very much a toku manga I will be incredibly surprised if neither Hayate or Honey get some sort of upgraded from by the end of it.

Tl;DR I love this manga to death

To reply you must either login or sign up.