Forum › Hero-san and Former General-san discussion

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Wahey

joined Oct 17, 2014

Can I just say how much I love the designs in this manga? Rapid Rabbit, the Kaijin themselves, Honey Trap, they're all so good! And X's design is basically perfect. It's got that menacing vibe the main villain needs while at the same time bearing a resemblance to Rapid Rabbit, which is probably completely intended since Hayate's dimension tool was made from X herself. Having X's kaijin form be like a dark, evil mirror to Rapid Rabbit actually reminds me a lot of Kuuga and Daguva.

Though I will say I expect some sort of upgraded form or SOMETHING for the very soon approaching battle with X, since they I doubt we'd get to see her without the cloak if it wasn't. Maybe some sort of fusion or combination attack with Honey? Regardless, given this is very much a toku manga I will be incredibly surprised if neither Hayate or Honey get some sort of upgraded from by the end of it.

Tl;DR I love this manga to death

Speaking of designs, the Destroy Antinoid's designs looks like it's highly inspired from Hakaider (hakai means destroy). The other Antinoids don't remind me of anything else though.

joined May 1, 2015

Cool down chan is my spirit animal. If I was a God, I would smite those that try to interfere with my yuri.
My flower garden needs to be protected.

Imgonline-com-ua-compressed-x85kp90svyulj
joined Jul 21, 2017

suddenly drama.

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

Can I just say how much I love the designs in this manga? Rapid Rabbit, the Kaijin themselves, Honey Trap, they're all so good! And X's design is basically perfect. It's got that menacing vibe the main villain needs while at the same time bearing a resemblance to Rapid Rabbit, which is probably completely intended since Hayate's dimension tool was made from X herself. Having X's kaijin form be like a dark, evil mirror to Rapid Rabbit actually reminds me a lot of Kuuga and Daguva.

Though I will say I expect some sort of upgraded form or SOMETHING for the very soon approaching battle with X, since they I doubt we'd get to see her without the cloak if it wasn't. Maybe some sort of fusion or combination attack with Honey? Regardless, given this is very much a toku manga I will be incredibly surprised if neither Hayate or Honey get some sort of upgraded from by the end of it.

Tl;DR I love this manga to death

As a fan of Kamen rider, it really does reminds me of the similarity between Kuuga and Daguva (similar but different, especially with the colours being inverted to one another). And I also wholeheartedly agree with what you said. Given the fact that the author actually likes rider shows, I really do believe we will get some sort of upgrade form or some sort, it would be unfortunate if we didn't get anything tho.

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

I love the McDonald Sasuke and The infamous Sader figures Kyouka has. Forget typical, perfectly normal figures, I want one o' those.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

That's literally X. Besides the visual cues, she's also at the beach, where X was in the previous chapter. Claiming X is Yuumi is a huge stretch considering that X was an active Antinoid at that time and planted the Dimension Tool to begin with.

Who is X? How old is X supposed to be? X is unlikely her real name, but instead a code name or alias she uses whether that's intentional or because she doesn't remember or was implanted with false memories. We know she's the boss and claims to have placed the dimensional tools at the mall in order to "recruit" more Antinoids.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Sad sad sad.. typical heroes.. seeing some dark shit..

joined Aug 10, 2016

Rip Cool Down, she just wants to watch and not become part of the yuri.

joined Aug 10, 2016

Oh God, Kyoka owns a Sader figure

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Rapid Rabbit's origin story was surprisingly dark.

last edited at May 4, 2020 1:35AM

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Last page: Exists
Authors: Let's make this ominous.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Ugh, I always forget half the story between updates. So was the bomb from those dorky female villians or another evil organisation? That's the first time it got dark (as I remember it) and deadly child killing bombs don't fit with harmless wannabe evil yuri villians. :o

joined Oct 17, 2014

Ugh, I always forget half the story between updates. So was the bomb from those dorky female villians or another evil organisation? That's the first time it got dark (as I remember it) and deadly child killing bombs don't fit with harmless wannabe evil yuri villians. :o

There's only one evil organization. Also, it got dark when X almost killed Makoto and drove Hina insane.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Yah, the vibe I get is that X gives no F's, while the rest of her generals are kinda just bumbling around and barely following orders, becoming less threatening the more time they spend in the "filthy human world."

carlosraruto
Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Cool Down is just... the best. Give her a girlfriend dammit!!!

But she would just try to ship her with someone else!

joined Dec 5, 2019

Yah, the vibe I get is that X gives no F's, while the rest of her generals are kinda just bumbling around and barely following orders, becoming less threatening the more time they spend in the "filthy human world."

yup, I get the feeling X is the real manace here, the generals were cold and uncaring towards humans too but I feel they are warming up and changing their ways the more they interact with said humans

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Wahey

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Stop calling X evil because she's an albino. She just needs to find herself a nice (human) girlfriend then she'll probably mellow out.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Chapter 7.5 in a nutshell:
Fanboy rule #1: "Don't ship yourself with others, 'cause you wanna ship them"

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Does that include alternate versions of yourself like Okita and Okita Alter as well?

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

moar we need moar new characters!!!11

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

This story is fine, but it needs to up the yuriness between the two mains. Otherwise it's just bad marketing, because first it introduces its self as a yuri hero story. But then it's just a hero story with a mess for a plot.

K11
joined Apr 26, 2020

Its pretty weird having these fights and people dying while just chiling with the enemy later on. But its cute, thats good enough.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

This went dark again FAST

To reply you must either login or sign up.