Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

"Sh-Shimamura, can we start calling each other by name? We've been married for ten years..."
"Huh? Isn't my name a bit difficult to keep saying? Shimamura is easier, Adachi."
"O-Okay..."

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

This thread is getting out of control.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I am not sure about this. I have a strong feeling that Shimamura will be the aggressive one once they're in a relationship. She's a top, I bet. Lol

You know I actually feel the opposite. To date the dynamic has always been "Shimamura defaults into a doting big sister type and Adachi is the fumbling backwards introvert" but now that Adachi is starting to come into her own, and make strides toward betterment on a personal as well as relationship level, I feel like the roles will eventually reverse.

Adachi is going to be the doting, confident, "lemme be your reliable big-sister-type" one, and Shimamura is eventually gonna let herself be the one spoiled and coddled a bit. I mean, Shima has already demonstrated several times both in action and words that she really likes Adachi's hizamakura. And I'm okay with that because that idea screams "FREAKING ADORABLE" to me--calm and content Adachi petting relaxed and happy Shimamura's hair while she's all curled up with her head in her lap.

FREAKING ADORABLE I say.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Shimamura, volume 19:

"Wait, you mean you LIKE ME like me?? Why didn't you ever say so?!?"

Immediately turns into a bumbling embarrassed shy girl for the rest of her life

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

I am not sure about this. I have a strong feeling that Shimamura will be the aggressive one once they're in a relationship. She's a top, I bet. Lol

You know I actually feel the opposite. To date the dynamic has always been "Shimamura defaults into a doting big sister type and Adachi is the fumbling backwards introvert" but now that Adachi is starting to come into her own, and make strides toward betterment on a personal as well as relationship level, I feel like the roles will eventually reverse.

Adachi is going to be the doting, confident, "lemme be your reliable big-sister-type" one, and Shimamura is eventually gonna let herself be the one spoiled and coddled a bit. I mean, Shima has already demonstrated several times both in action and words that she really likes Adachi's hizamakura. And I'm okay with that because that idea screams "FREAKING ADORABLE" to me--calm and content Adachi petting relaxed and happy Shimamura's hair while she's all curled up with her head in her lap.

FREAKING ADORABLE I say.

As a side note, Shimamura considers Adachi to be reliable, IIRC. I remember she was thinking of that in the last chapter of volume 4, but perhaps at other times, too. Seems our young ball of unstable gay is pulling her weight already!

Also, indeed, this is Adorable.

Ezgif.com-crop(1)
joined Jan 11, 2020

Man, i don't even interested on shimamura pov. This is one sided af

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Man, i don't even interested on shimamura pov. This is one sided af

=>Say its one sided
=>Don't want to have the other POV to know if it is really one sided

I don't know about that one chief. You can't say it's one-sided since we didn't have Shima's POV for a long time and afaik last time we had Shima's POV, she was mostly thinking about Adachi and even in the last chapter, she seem to be consider of Adachi.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I'm interested in seeing if the idea some people threw out that Shimamura has become more conscious of Adachi since the latter's outburst and that she's been acting strangely is correct, which would require her POV.

Ezgif.com-crop(1)
joined Jan 11, 2020

I'm interested in seeing if the idea some people threw out that Shimamura has become more conscious of Adachi since the latter's outburst and that she's been acting strangely is correct, which would require her POV.

Really? Shimamura become more conscious? Am I missing that much detail? I think i need to put my heart more when reading this.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

So far it's only based on a few hints people have noticed such as Shimamura willingly arriving half an hour early at her date with Adachi and covering her chest in the swimming pool's changing room. It's possible she hasn't simply been able to brush off what Adachi told her over the phone.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

So far it's only based on a few hints people have noticed such as Shimamura willingly arriving half an hour early at her date with Adachi and covering her chest in the swimming pool's changing room. It's possible she hasn't simply been able to brush off what Adachi told her over the phone.

While her unusually early arrival could simply be explained as her not having much else to do (we all know how much Hougetsu puts her free time to good use, after all), yeah, the swimsuit thing is suspicious. She reeeeally didn't seem to do that the last time she went to the pool; as I remember it it wasn't that clear, and I could buy it if it turned out there was nothing peculiar about her having her swinsuit under her clothes, but it seems unlikely.

As other evidence that she's acting strange, there is whatever she wanted to tell her in the last chapter, and her saying to herself "what is this?" when she met Adachi for their date, which the latter believed to be about the whole situation, rather than the flowers.

last edited at Mar 5, 2020 9:59PM

joined Jan 25, 2017

I mean, even before this whole blowup/makeup, Shimamura's been growing visibly fonder of Adachi for a while, even in her own perspective. Remember how the last volume ended with her just gazing fondly at Adachi during idle moments in class and monologuing to herself about how much she likes looking at Adachi? Or all the times she's straight up said how much she likes using Adachi as a lap pillow? Or how she'll be thinking about Adachi when Tarumi's trying to take her on a date? Shimamura's spacy and distant and odd in some ways, but it's clear that she's fond of Adachi in a way that she isn't with other people.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

I mean, even before this whole blowup/makeup, Shimamura's been growing visibly fonder of Adachi for a while, even in her own perspective. Remember how the last volume ended with her just gazing fondly at Adachi during idle moments in class and monologuing to herself about how much she likes looking at Adachi? Or all the times she's straight up said how much she likes using Adachi as a lap pillow? Or how she'll be thinking about Adachi when Tarumi's trying to take her on a date? Shimamura's spacy and distant and odd in some ways, but it's clear that she's fond of Adachi in a way that she isn't with other people.

The problem with Shimamura is that in one chapter, she seems so fond of Adachi (like the ending of last volume) but then she immediately reverts back to being uncaring in the next chapter. There is no consistency on her side, that's why we still see it as one sided.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

In vol. 6, I hope 1) Adachi continues to take steps away from monomania, and 2) Shimamura has any development at all. More Shima POV please.

P.S. Thanks for translating volume 5 sneikkimies. I'm really enjoying reading this on my Kindle. ^^

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I'm still in volume 4 chapter 2, I wonder how much I'm missing out.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Yeah it'd be nice if volume 6 was very Shimamura heavy.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Don't worry, I'm sure Shimamura will show up again eventually...<3

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

My, could this be it? The mysterious future-seeing power known in the legends as "QC"?! :o

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

makes wavy fingers ... perhaps...

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Yes please. I miss Shimamura so much.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

"Eventually"... You sure know how to choose your words in a way that sounds more worrying than reassuring. :D

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I think Shimamura is more of a power bottom. Cuz I'm pretty sure Adachi will be the one to "provide service".

If you think that it is typical for a relationship to have "one to 'provide service'", you are destined for a string of frustrated breakups.

Most couples -exchange- "service", or one side gets incredibly frustrated at the other.

joined Oct 5, 2016

twist ending: Adachi and Tarumi start flirting and fall in love. Years later they both laugh about that mean Shimamura girl and wonder whatever happened to her.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

let me guess the first half of volume 6 is Adachi's POV while the later half is Shimamura's?

bitchesbebroke
Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-vijden3cpybzpq
joined Feb 27, 2020

twist ending: Adachi and Tarumi start flirting and fall in love. Years later they both laugh about that mean Shimamura girl and wonder whatever happened to her.

please n o

To reply you must either login or sign up.