Forum › Dream-Colored Replica discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

The voyages were long, and your biological age would end up getting shifted compared to your actual age.

Mira bothered accounting for interstellar time dilation in a smut story? Now that's dedication.

That's also one of the wait-what parts of the setting I mentioned, as time dilation being actually relevant implies interstellar travel slow and inconvenient enough to render the whole premise of shipping bulk raw materials over such distances quite ridiculous. Just mine your local system of reference instead - plenty of stuff in the asteroids and whatnots, jeez.

To speak nothing of that half-baked mine scavenging business in the same context...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Edit: Is it really gay of pay, if the whole concept of gay is meaningless?

I think it's just because we don't have a Prostitution tag and Gay for Pay is the closer one we have.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

ALL HAIL MIRA!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Interesting. The whole story could stand on its own without the sex.

And I think the soldie girl is getting jealous of Ayame x Shion relationship and it's going to blow up later down the line.

joined Nov 21, 2018

The voyages were long, and your biological age would end up getting shifted compared to your actual age.

Mira bothered accounting for interstellar time dilation in a smut story? Now that's dedication.

That's also one of the wait-what parts of the setting I mentioned, as time dilation being actually relevant implies interstellar travel slow and inconvenient enough to render the whole premise of shipping bulk raw materials over such distances quite ridiculous. Just mine your local system of reference instead - plenty of stuff in the asteroids and whatnots, jeez.

To speak nothing of that half-baked mine scavenging business in the same context...

I have no idea how time dillation works. Does faster than light travel make you older or younger?

joined Jul 26, 2016

I have no idea how time dillation works. Does faster than light travel make you older or younger?

Neither. (Presumably, anyway, given FTL travel is reeeeeeally iffy according to real-world physics.) It's the difference in subjective passage of time - in contextually relevant terms, for each year that passes in a spacecraft traveling at Ludicrous Speed several go by outside it. And the closer you get to the speed of light the closer the difference approaches infinity...

Classic narrative takes on the topic I'm personally familiar with include Poul Anderson's Tau Zero (a damaged Bussard ramjet can no longer decelerate and "rides the lightning" all the way to the next Big Bang) and Joe Haldeman's The Forever War (interstellar warfare with relativistic space travel produces all kinds of strangeness); Soukou no STRAIN was a relatively recent anime exploring some of the same themes (also probably the most way-out-there adaptation of F. H. Burnett's classic A Little Princess).

...actually come think of it, anime and manga are no strangers to the idea in general. Just off the top of my head Hoshi no Koe and the positively ancient GunBuster also took it for a spin to greater or lesser degree.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 9:50AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

But that wouldn't be a Mira work.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Another epic work from Mira, after Earth Girls, this is my favorite! I will be waiting for the continuation ~ incredible plot, loving through Barriers!

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

This is fantastic! I like this plot way more than Earth Girls. I’m on board! Subscribed! Here’s hoping for a happy ending, or at least a satisfying end. I’ve got some tears prepped in either case.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I love Mira's ambition in the setting here. Establishing science babies and a gay-by-default cast is fun.

I do wonder if trans dudes are a thing in this universe. I would imagine so, but maybe they're just kinda rare?

joined Jun 12, 2019

the plot is actually a bit interesting

Images
joined Sep 30, 2018

So promising! Great work with creating a sexy ass maid!!! I luv her, hope she gets fixed. But ending up with Rachel X Ayame isn't too bad as well :)

Images
joined Sep 30, 2018

But that wouldn't be a Mira work.

It's not Mira if it doesn't have sex, out of this world- sex

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

SOMEWHAT AUTOMATED, NOT PARTICULARLY LUXURY, GAY SPACE CAPITALISM.

Damn, they're a bit off the goal there.

joined Jun 21, 2018

I was waiting for this be translated. I can finally understand this hot, sticky mess of a series!

20220104_023724
joined Feb 11, 2013

Poor Rachel jealous af

joined Sep 6, 2018

Mira never disappoints! The si-fi setting this time is pretty good... she’s done some research into this. I’d be impressed if this was made into an animated movie.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

this is wild. subscribed. hope it has a happy ending.

joined Aug 1, 2019

It's one of those things involving special relativity but to simplify it. When you go really fast, like approaching the speed of light fast, time goes slower for you and faster for everyone else so you travel forward in time. The faster you move the further forward in time you go which makes it look like you don't age while the rest of the universe does.

It doesn't really become relevant till you've been traveling at, at least, half the speed of light for a few decades though.

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

I hope they can fix Shion, pretty good plot overall.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I dunno how to feel about this one, it felt really messy. We'll see where it goes I guess.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Another Mira series?! gasps then splooshes
.... I had a feeling the NSFW tag looked a bit underated next to a manga by Mira... sweats
Loved all of the previous works, sci-fi Yuri by Mira sounds like a dream come true. I'm loving the plot so far, its just started and I foresee some mind fuckery happening with this whole thing going on.... My brain is already in overdrive from how the android she loved pretty much has someone else's soul in it now which also happens to love someone else....some very ergo proxy shit going on!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

this is so epic that it almost hurts. came for the yuri, got a ridley scott film

Heck, yes!!!
I was thinking the same thing.

Reading this is like watching a space adventure sci-fi movie.

In fact, they totally should make a movie with this!

Flag-001
joined Jan 30, 2018

I hope they can fix Shion, pretty good plot overall.

The way I see it either they fix her or Ayame has to learn to accept Shion is gone and she has to move on with her life.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Boy, this is giving all kinds of vibes. Halo, Star Trek, a bit of Lovecraft. With a lot more boobs, though. I think that would be Mass Effect, then.

Last time I met an AI called Tycho I had to go through many hoops across time-space/dimensions/dreams(?) in order to kill it. I think. I didn't really understand what was going on then. Sweet dual shotguns, though.

But man, this needs an anime. A movie trilogy could cover each volume just fine, while expanding on a few sequences, without sacrificing the sex scenes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.