Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Personnally, I find this one kind of simple. Not really involving in emotions.

It could be just any other classic shoujo, with a boy in lieu of Yori and it would be about the same. Never any character ask themselves "how will it come across to other people, my classmates, or my family, if I enter a same-sex relationship?" They just focus on the feeling of "love", forgetting everything that comes with these relationships. It's fine, since it's not a story about coming-out, but it just makes it more of a fantasy than anything else.

Bloom Into You touched a bit on this subject, but this one never does. So I can't really relate to the character or feel anything on their behalf. It would be a better world if gay people could focus on their feelings and not mainly on how society will judge them, like this one, but sadly, it's not our world.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It would be a better world if gay people could focus on their feelings and not mainly on how society will judge them, like this one, but sadly, it's not our world.

I think that's a big part of the appeal of this kind of yuri manga (which one user somewhere has dubbed "mango")--lots of stories depict a wish-fulfillment fantasy world (even ones full of monsters and demons), so why not ones where the exhausting day-to-day struggles of non-conforming loves are just bracketed out?

Tough-minded explorations of present-day reality are also welcome when done very well. But for me present-day reality itself is hard enough to deal with, so if I'm going read adequate-but-run-of-the-mill stories, I'll take them with a large helping of warm fuzzy cuteness.

And Himari and Yori are pretty adorable.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Extra out Again with the big information put in the extra story. After Aki being in love with Yori in the first extra. Now we found out that Momoka is dating the first singer of the band, the one who leave before Yori come in. Seem like the author like to drop bombs in the extras

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The author have a knack to drop those bombs in extra. Aki having a crush on Yori in the first one and now Momoka dating(?) the old singer of the band. It's almost like the author forgot to put in the regular chapters and had to put in the extras.

joined Dec 18, 2018

The author have a knack to drop those bombs in extra. Aki having a crush on Yori in the first one and now Momoka dating(?) the old singer of the band. It's almost like the author forgot to put in the regular chapters and had to put in the extras.

Alternatively a tease for a future plot line.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Heh. Mangaka and their kitties!

joined Jun 12, 2019

Idk I kinda feel bad for Aki and see her point

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Maybe Himari is already in love with Yori without realizing it, but the way the author describing it doesn’t look like that at all. If you still need to ask yourself whether you’re in love with this person or not, then you aren’t.

Without meaning at all to downplay your obviously painful and very understandable experience, there’s a significant difference between your situation and the one in the manga.

Himari is the first to “fall in love at first sight” (her words) with Yori—she’s completely taken with her, she seeks her out, and she consistently wants to be with her. She’s immediately got a strong emotional investment in Yori—the question is about the kind of love she is feeling, or might come to feel. She doesn’t start out wishing in general terms for someone to love her, then Yori presents herself and pressures her to generate special feelings for her—Himari’s feelings are already “special,” although not (yet) specifically “romantic.”

Himari is portrayed as being extremely enthusiastic but also very naive. She doesn’t know what romantic love is supposed to feel like, and the most recent chapter is pretty explicit about the issue it’s posing. You’ve got the following qualities, where you:

• Want to be with the person
  • Miss them when you’re not with them
  • Think about them a lot
  • Want to do things to make them happy
  • Don’t want anyone else to be more special to them than you are
  • Think about kissing and otherwise being physically intimate with them

So is the last one essential to romantic love and does it inevitably come along with the others, or is it something a person can come to feel over time?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

As usual... it just so happen that all girls in this club are gay.

Screen%20shot%202020-03-21%20at%203.08.23%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2019

....Another important introduction in an extra of all chapter....

last edited at Feb 8, 2020 12:32PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Aki-nee has some magnificent trollfaces tho ' -')

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Alternatively a tease for a future plot line.

It's pretty much the yuri equivalent of when a new character gets teased in one of the Kamen Rider movies.

joined Dec 5, 2019

once again side girl is better, poor Aki

Ye
joined Apr 1, 2018

I do really like the story so far. Seems like there's a lot of debating in the comments about how it holds up.

I think it's a nice and simple story, don't know much about the author though, so I cant say much on that end. I think something about it comes off as kinda emotionless to me though? If that makes sense. Like I get the whole plot point of Himari not understanding love, but it does seem kindaaa like it's only there to stall on the plot (because they're most likely gonna be together in the end).

Idk I think it just gives off the same vibe as the plenty of other yuri stories I've read before, doesn't have anything going for it that differentiates it is what I'm trying to get at I think, not that that's necessarily a bad thing. I do like the story though and the arts really good, not tryna shit on it just some hot takes of mine. I do look forward to seeing more.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Aww cute extras~

last edited at Feb 8, 2020 7:10PM

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

I am still totally excited to see more!

joined Apr 1, 2013

Omg the Extras page is so cute i wish this manga becomes an anime it would be the best anime its so cute and i love literally every single character including the bad ones.
So the blonde haired girl i assumed she would become a bitch or be evil and try to sabotage Himari's attempts but she was very honest she is right she has to decide her feelings otherwise she will lose Yori and technically shes just wasting her time i get the concept though shes conflicted about love because she hasnt experianced love before but then there's an actual Love Triangle thrown into the mix . I consider this as a first crush type ordeal and its interesting to see this. Its good we got to see some backstory about Yori how her mother has passed away tragically and she use to be lonely or depressed and they never expected her to find Love again . Im just glad that Blonde girl isnt toxic i assumed she would turn into a real bitch but she is speaking logically and with reason. Sure she said the truth to Himari but at least she openly spoke to her about it.

Omg the Extras page is so cute i wish this manga becomes an anime it would be the best anime its so cute and i love literally every single character including the bad ones.

If it doesnt become one, i will cry

joined Oct 12, 2015

nice turn really what this story need to push forward. The singer look stunning too. Love this series

joined Apr 18, 2018

It was recently announced that the manga's two-volume available so far was reprinted, which means there's a demand for it.

https://twitter.com/takeshimaxfj/status/1226017509570007045?s=19

Don't forget to buy the manga too to show off your support.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It was recently announced that the manga's two-volume available so far was reprinted, which means there's a demand for it.

https://twitter.com/takeshimaxfj/status/1226017509570007045?s=19

Don't forget to buy the manga too to show off your support.

iirc there will be an english edition published later this year.

Edit: Yep, First volume is for Fall this year. Edited by Kodansha Comics.

last edited at Feb 9, 2020 6:52PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nya-chan posted:

Aki is unfair. It's not because Himari would eventually reject Yori that Yori would automatically go out with Aki later. First, she didn't confess, but if and when she does, she will put Yori in the exact same situation Himari is. She wants to be the one to "make Yori happy", but she would eventually make her miserable. And she's putting the pressure on Himari to reject Yori for her own selfish desire when she doesn't have the courage to confess.

I think you may be misreading Aki's actions. If you look at the things she says it seems more like she's putting pressure on Himari to get her to make up her mind rather than spinning her wheels. It seems like she doesn't have much hope of going out with Yori even if Himari rejects her.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

And this is a bad thing because...?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I can understand that much. I've never been a fan of the "all girls are gays" trope in Yuri.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

I see no problem here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.