46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Now that's specific.

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

^Holy shit LMAO

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

When I spot a new work from Itou Hachi I immediately think "should I use a VPN before I click that?" Even though this is definitely one of her tamer works, I still feel the need to scrub my web history and maybe burn my laptop after having read this.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Hm...the art is cute as always, but that lover's thing wasn't enjoyable to me. Dating dumb little kids isn't the same as truly fictional (somewhat) adult lolis with a more mature mind I guess.

Still, fiction doesn't hurt anybody...I just don't like this one.

78519a80bda4a346c682b1a92a6a70883ccaf876ac706c027e9425ec84be03c5
joined Nov 28, 2017

There´s no salvation for my soul, Why itou whyyy??

joined Jun 19, 2014

Nothing makes me more uncomfortable than Itou Hachi's work, and yet, I keep clicking.

I have noticed this while reading this one and it had happened in some of Itou's previous works too. Usually, the child's idea of what love and a lover is, is not what a real actual child thinks of it.

Example here:

We have been together since the day I was born, that's why
"I like you, Kotori-chan. Please become my lover."
I was so surprised when she said that.

Do actual kids even fathom the concept of a lover?
I don't think this is what a real kid's reaction is like, or am I just out of touch with how the new generation thinks?

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

I don't think this is what a real kid's reaction is like, or am I just out of touch with how the new generation thinks?

Pretty sure they don't unless an adult literally exposes them to it. And if they do understand, most likely than not, they're reaction is 'eww gross'. Kids have more than enough attention that they wouldn't need a lover. The only reason people get lovers is to distract themselves from the stressors of adulting; teenagers because of hormones. At least, that's what I think.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

If you're a young kid, there's nothing strange in having a baby crush on a big brother or big sister figure. Especially if it's someone you have known since you were a child in diapers; someone who has always been really nice to you, played with you, paid lots of attention to you, etc. etc.

Think Schroeder and Charlie Brown.

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

I have noticed this while reading this one and it had happened in some of Itou's previous works too. Usually, the child's idea of what love and a lover is, is not what a real actual child thinks of it.

Well most children would most likely tell their parents if some adult (even ones they know) asked them to be their lover but her portrayal of children susceptible to predators are probably accurate. It's not like they actually know what they're doing. The child simply trusts the adult they've known and loved. Then they do what the adult wants them to do because the child wants to please them and "they're an adult and they know better".

I think Itou Hachi's works clearly shows that the children don't know any better. Just children being children.....and that's why she does these. I worry for Itou Hachi really.

last edited at Feb 4, 2020 7:21PM

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

It's about to get spicy here. It feels like most doujins with this kind of work is bound to have controversy. Whether someone like this or not Itou's art is always cute.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Itou hachi is weird she makes really amazing stuff I like to reread many times and she also writes 'Getting to pick your lover's very first bra is the best' not that I'm trashing her loli works it's just dangerous

Act
joined Jun 9, 2018

I wonder if she's just gonna put her attention towards some other pre-menstruation single mother's child once this one grows up.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

FFS... I used to love Hachi-sensei's works but dammit lolicon is all she ever draws, is not even interesting anymore

joined Jun 12, 2019

Cough, well, okay, lmao
On a positive note, I really like Chii-chan's design, and her hair's really cute. In fact, I find her and most of Itou's adults/older girls really pretty

20220104_023724
joined Feb 11, 2013

It was interesting to read that Germany decided to ban this chapter from the yuri anthology manga.
Kinda weird to have a released anthology that is different from the original (and probably all other international releases)...

joined Jul 8, 2019

MagiMaki :

Hm...the art is cute as always, but that lover's thing wasn't enjoyable to me.

Much in agreement with you, this also wasn't enjoyable to me. Well, that's what the "close tab" button is for.

Most of Itou Hachi's best works either feature no lolicon suff at all, or feature very soft stuff like "Master and Me" where the adult discovers that the younger one loves her and chooses to return the feelings, often in an explicitly chaste way like in "The twitter of girls and waking of shyness". Not saying that those are Hachi's best works BECAUSE of that; just pointing out the fact that many of his works happen to be done that way, which skirts around the worse implications of the lolicon tag. So it was a rather sudden surprise, expecting the above but finding instead a tale of "adult actually TELLS a very young girl to be her lover" - which falls straight into said worst implications.

Let's just say that I hope Hachi's future works be more of the former style.

identification-projection-preheterosexuality
Please%20actually
joined Mar 13, 2018

Itou Hachi being in touch with the new generation is the nightmare scenario.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Very cute and adorb. Thanks for the translation.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

This is his/her style now, that fluffiness ship has sailed and she/he either don't care about backlash (if there's any) or is doing because this kind of story raise eyebrows and he/she enjoys it that type of reaction.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

LOL at the Charlie Brown x Schroeder reference, heehee, reminds me of a Japanese doujin artist who drew the Peanuts in anime style, and one pic was Charlie Brown as a harem show MC surrounded by his harem, which included several of the girls and Schroeder too. xD

joined Feb 22, 2018

This is his/her style now, that fluffiness ship has sailed and she/he either don't care about backlash (if there's any) or is doing because this kind of story raise eyebrows and he/she enjoys it that type of reaction.

So much handwringing. Do you know how much loli and shota hentai exists? (A lot). Compared to that this is VERY tame and conscientious. I'm not advocating, it's just the baseline is so depraved that this is actually an improvement.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Wouldn't be an Itou Hachi thread without people complaining about loli stuff.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Sure, other even more extreme content exists...but that doesn't make this one any better. Difficult topics in a tasteful manner can work, but her new works now all feel like some kind of horror scenario where a naive child gets trapped by an adult. >.<

Yuzumori-san was well-made and still had believable young characters. Hm...I gues she really draws what she personally wants now.

To reply you must either login or sign up.