Forum › Touma-kun discussion

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Oh wow, That was annoying. Glad it's over

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

That nurse was just lying to herself, if the extreme thought, "If only I was born 15 years later." is just for being with a girl, then she is obviously not gonna be happy with a man. She sees getting married as an escape route to growing up, when really, she's walking in an unhappy circle of childishness. She's gonna come to her senses and wake up in her 40's neck deep in regret and self-loathing.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Such a weird manga... It's kind of hard to tell what the author's intention is. Touma-kun seems to make everything around her worse, but she's not a villain or a malicious actor. Some of the stories had a strangely dark vibe with no resolution. The nurse chapter, especially, almost felt like a horror genre near the end. Is this, like, a criticism of femininity in Japanese culture or something? IDK, I feel like I'm missing something. Very strange.

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Still not sure what to think of this one.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

"Just remember: don't fuck your students."

I'm sure Touma would say:
But they're so cute.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well shit

2%20-%20jmdagff
joined Aug 31, 2014

I liked it because you only "love" Touma :9
We can see she was happy always doing what she wanted until the end.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Ah shit, I'm gonna miss this weird thing

last edited at Oct 4, 2019 7:30PM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

I need to re-read the whole stuff. I feel like I've missed something...

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Moral of the story: Living for other people can lead you to live a lonely and empty life because you will always be living for other people, but never for yourself.

This theme is exemplified both in Touma and some of the girls she pampers.

I don't really think Amano Shuninta is Japanese Ayn Rand... actually, maybe she is? Her treatment of Love and Reason in Philosophia are eerily reminiscent of Rand.

Needless to say, that's an ill-thought-out, childish moral of a selfish ideology and utterly false.

last edited at Oct 11, 2019 12:37AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Jeez, overreact much?

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Can't tell if I'm happy or sad that it's over? Either way, it was a really interesting story, to say the least

joined Jan 24, 2020

I've liked a lot of the stuff by Amano Shuninta that I've read, but this is mystifying. I feel like it was allegorical or symbolic in some way, but if that's the case I can't figure out what the symbolism is at all. Something to do with the expectations around femininity? Maybe? It basically just sort of stops without any obvious conclusion or resolution. I feel like this whole manga was either something which would make complete sense if I knew what the allegory was about (but it's kind of a flaw in the work if it's that hard to figure it out), or else it was basically the mangaka spinning her wheels for nine chapters.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I've liked a lot of the stuff by Amano Shuninta that I've read, but this is mystifying. I feel like it was allegorical or symbolic in some way, but if that's the case I can't figure out what the symbolism is at all. Something to do with the expectations around femininity? Maybe? It basically just sort of stops without any obvious conclusion or resolution. I feel like this whole manga was either something which would make complete sense if I knew what the allegory was about (but it's kind of a flaw in the work if it's that hard to figure it out), or else it was basically the mangaka spinning her wheels for nine chapters.

Something about living life for yourself, I'd guess, and being stuck in the past. Pretty depressing overall, and not that great.

joined Mar 31, 2015

For some reason that chapter sorta gave me a horror vibe.
I think Touma is a succubus.

Agree.

pandevouring
Mitsuki%20kaicho%20small
joined Jan 1, 2021

My thoughts on this are that Touma is a tragic character who unwittingly hurts others.

Without having any ill intentions, she uses her social currency as a pretty and charming prince to instill an anxious and competitive relationship with approval in countless vulnerable kiddos. I don’t think Touma ever really worked out what was fucked up about it, but with Karen’s second chapter in particular, we see the human cost. It’s like gambling, yk? A huge cost for an occasional short, dizzying high once you catch Touma’s eye.

I only really appreciated this story once I cooled down. My, Touma was aggravating! We didn’t get any characters rejecting her outright, either- but that’s what it’s like being a teen girl desperate for approval, no?

last edited at May 29, 2021 8:03AM

joined Dec 13, 2018

communism lol

joined May 30, 2022

"Karen"(可怜) means cuteness in Japanese and classic Chinese

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So many Dynasty series get hammered for being "cliché" and for using familiar tropes in the same old way, so I was glad to see a series that was trying to do something a little different, even if the outcome was sad for the characters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.