This
joined Jan 17, 2017

F

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

oh my god :(

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Fuck this story. It's painful for no reason. There is no positive take away. All bitter no sweet at all.

Kozakuramin%20copy%20(phone)
joined Jul 6, 2018

Thank you, I am sad now.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Well, here's a reminder that you miss every shot you don't take

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Also a reminder that you don't know which shots can be taken

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

You know who can get married in Hawaii? Women can. To each other. Secret plot point?

I thought bout that too. Had to search up 'can gays marrynin hawaii' to confirm as well. Seems really ambigious tho with that ending

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

depress intensifies

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

You know who can get married in Hawaii? Women can. To each other. Secret plot point?

I thought bout that too. Had to search up 'can gays marrynin hawaii' to confirm as well. Seems really ambigious tho with that ending

The "I guess she was secretive about some things" bit could be taken as support for this interpretation.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

It really does be that way

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Good, sad and too short.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Shit... I've overlooked the Angst tag... I'm not ready for this... My heart...

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Sad sad sad.
The “Aaaaaaangst” tag isn't enough. We need a “Bad End” tag or something.

joined Jul 20, 2016

WHAT IN THE FUCK???

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I don't understand why everyone's freaking out over this one. It's a really great concept and, like one person said, it addresses an idea that's fairly common, and experience that's (honestly) almost universal, but is almost never talked about. In just ten pages, this story zeroes in, starting from page one, on this idea and does not let go.

It doesn't feel tragic to me 'cause no one dies like in Philosophia (I'll never recover from that thing) and there's no connection. The story is entirely about MC. her love interest isn't even a love interest, or a character, until the last page. Ogawa's first appearance is a head with "OGAWA" written across the face in lieu of facial features. Ogawa isn't a person, she's a concept. She's unrequited, unexpected love, and that's all she's meant to represent.

Personally, the emotions I felt were directed at MC, not at Ogawa or even a presumed, potential relationship. Because it's not real. What's real is the feelings MC has. Deserving of the Aaaaangst tag, not Tragedy or WTF am I reading? I think the story does exactly what it intended to do and it's impressive that it managed to do so in so few pages. The mangaka clearly knows what they're doing. I enjoyed it, but I don't really feel sad. Feel sad for what? If anything, this is a moment for growth for the MC. But we never got to know Ogawa. I don't care. I just think it's an interesting story with a likable MC who is easy to empathize with. I wish her happiness in the future.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

How can you even fall in love with a woman you've drinken a couple of times once a month? a mystery

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

eh, I've seen way worse on this site

joined Sep 1, 2017

I don't understand why everyone's freaking out over this one. It's a really great concept and, like one person said, it addresses an idea that's fairly common, and experience that's (honestly) almost universal, but is almost never talked about. In just ten pages, this story zeroes in, starting from page one, on this idea and does not let go.

It doesn't feel tragic to me 'cause no one dies like in Philosophia (I'll never recover from that thing) and there's no connection. The story is entirely about MC. her love interest isn't even a love interest, or a character, until the last page. Ogawa's first appearance is a head with "OGAWA" written across the face in lieu of facial features. Ogawa isn't a person, she's a concept. She's unrequited, unexpected love, and that's all she's meant to represent.

Personally, the emotions I felt were directed at MC, not at Ogawa or even a presumed, potential relationship. Because it's not real. What's real is the feelings MC has. Deserving of the Aaaaangst tag, not Tragedy or WTF am I reading? I think the story does exactly what it intended to do and it's impressive that it managed to do so in so few pages. The mangaka clearly knows what they're doing. I enjoyed it, but I don't really feel sad. Feel sad for what? If anything, this is a moment for growth for the MC. But we never got to know Ogawa. I don't care. I just think it's an interesting story with a likable MC who is easy to empathize with. I wish her happiness in the future.

You don't get why people don't like this story. Well I 'll explain it. The story's sole purpose is to bum the reader out. There is nothing positive about the ending. No silver lining. No nugget of wisdom or character growth just the depressing realisation she discovered her feelings to late to do anything.
No it's not a tragedy , or a wtf. Just a sad heartbroken woman, who missed her chance before she even realised she wanted to take it.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

You don't get why people don't like this story. Well I 'll explain it. The story's sole purpose is to bum the reader out. There is nothing positive about the ending. No silver lining. No nugget of wisdom or character growth just the depressing realisation she discovered her feelings to late to do anything.
No it's not a tragedy , or a wtf. Just a sad heartbroken woman, who missed her chance before she even realised she wanted to take it.

I feel sorry for anyone who looks at a story like this and sees that .

Fwerpng
joined Jul 25, 2017

The thing that really jumped out to me in this story is that it reminds me of sooooooo many stories about self-realisation of being gay, particularly from older generations people who didn't grow up with much awareness and exposure to queer culture - by being in love with somebody but only realising they felt that way when that way when they were confused as to why they felt so broken when they left or got together with someone else.

Hino1
joined Nov 17, 2018

this is how i felt when the girl i liked (my bff) started dating an asshole...
i'm cool now tho
kinda

joined Sep 1, 2017

Why? Enlighten me. What emotion am I suppose to feel after reading this story? What is the sweet that makes this bitter sweet, and not just depressing?

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 1:49PM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Why? Enlighten me. What emotion am I suppose to feel after reading this story? What is the sweet that makes this bitter sweet, and not just depressing?

It's depressing, and that is the point, but that doesn't mean its only purpose is bumming the reader out. It's meant to show something that happens, and it is bittersweet, because she came to acknowledge her feelings, and she's going to be able to realize them better later - the person she loves is happy, too, which is a good thing. To me at least, bittersweet isn't meant to say the ending isn't sad, it's meant to say that there's the hope of happiness still there. It's a story about not recognizing your feelings and watching the person you love be happy with someone else, it's hardly without any possible joy in her future, and this might directly help with that.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Off the top of my head it could make you feel empathy or a pang of recollection of a real life incident you had. Or make you reflect on people peripherally present in your life. The feeling I got was something to the tune of "shit, that could definitely happen to me, why am I so shy".

joined Sep 1, 2017

Off the top of my head it could make you feel empathy or a pang of recollection of a real life incident you had. Or make you reflect on people peripherally present in your life. The feeling I got was something to the tune of "shit, that could definitely happen to me, why am I so shy".

If I didn't have empathy for the mc, the story wouldn't have had any impact on me at all. And it sounds like it ended up bumming you out on an even deeper more personal level.
Look I was a bit bitter when I first wrote my original review. The other stories were light and airy, this story felt like a slap in the face. It's my fault for saving the angsty one to last. I stand by my statement though this story is ment to be sad, an nothing more. I just acknowledge that it serves a purpose. Like listening to sad songs after a breakup. It helps people who just need to feel sad. However it could definitely be unwelcome to someone who is not looking for it.

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 9:43PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.