Forum › Ogawa-san and I discussion

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

However it could definitely be unwelcome to someone who is not looking for it.

That's... why it's tagged Angst?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Agreed. But in my defence, not all Angst tag story have sad endings. I was convinced right up to the last page, of this story, that the wedding talk would turn out to be just a unfounded rumor, and the pair would end up together. I think the let down added to my initial bitterness over it.

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 10:02PM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Agreed. But in my defence, not all Angst tag story have sad endings. I was convinced right up to the last page, of this story, that the wedding talk would turn out to be just a unfounded rumor, and the pair would end up together. I think the let down added to my initial bitterness over it.

Yeah a "happy ending" tag would be nice for being prepared for things without it, but that's gotta be balanced against spoilers. I know some mods are for tags that spoil and some against, it's a tricky situation.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Yeah a "happy ending" tag would be nice for being prepared for things without it, but that's gotta be balanced against spoilers. I know some mods are for tags that spoil and some against, it's a tricky situation.

Oh well. At least it was a short one shot. I would have been really bummed if a series I was reading took a twist and ended like this.

Kikaluna Uploader
Ef2_zi-u4ae1h8g
Noca Scans
joined Nov 20, 2017

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

joined Mar 15, 2015

At least she doesn't live with her, like in My Unrequited Love.

It's worth noting that in My Unrequited Love, Uta and Kaoru had a close relationship for many years before Kaoru married Reiichi, whereas Ogawa views the protagonist as a coworker and maybe a friend. Much of the drama in My Unrequited Love involves Uta trying to come to terms with her feelings and find out what, if any, place she has in Kaoru and Reiich's lives, whereas in Ogawa-san and I, it's most likely that Ogawa and the protagonist were never very close (at least not as much as the protagonist thought), hence why the former never told the latter about her marriage. Both stories do have the "unrequited love" aspect, but the execution seems quite different.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

This was sad, but well-written. I liked it.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Oooooh, I didn't know this one. Definitely bittersweet.

But gosh, why are so many of Nega's stories about girls getting dumped or having unrequited loves?

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

You know who can get married in Hawaii? Women can. To each other. Secret plot point?

That would be an even bigger gut punch for the mc.

To reply you must either login or sign up.