Forum › There's Weird Voices Coming from the Room Next Door! discussion

joined Mar 18, 2018

...Go on~...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Well those two are friends with benefits, so this case isn’t really poly since none of them are in an actual relationship yet. Imo the MC may end up with the long haired chick

You literally have almost nothing to go on, and both people are interested in her sexually, don't mind sharing, and at least one has expressed romantic interest in the manga (in her thought bubbles), and you're trying to say 1 will be picked over the other? This is like, trying so freaking hard to avoid polyamory. If both of her neighbors are dating her, even if they aren't dating each other, that's polyamory, and that definitely looks like where this is headed.

i think you misunderstand. Madeleine said it isn't polyamory because they aren't a couple but just Friends with benefits meaning they're just friends having sex and not girls actually going out together. I think that for Madeleine, polyamory imply that all the characters are in love relationship and not just sex relationship. And please, don't freak out on anyone who don't see polyamory ending here. Not everyone like polyamory like you do and prefer traditional couple. I mean yeah,the polyamory ending look very possible here and yeah someone said they gonna have threesome so it's probably how it will end but it's only the 1st chapter so anything could happen.

last edited at Jan 21, 2020 11:03AM

joined Feb 25, 2013

This is great, I love Suzuki senpai's stuff. The doujin version of this is also excellent.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

If I want to read about the thrilling adventures of a superlesbian who seduces all the straight girls and turns them into a yuri harem, that's my beeswax, dammit!

Iono-sama Fanatics?

I think Yurika's Campus Life is more like it.

Oh, I know:

She Gets Girls Every Day

This one, this one!

Haha, if we are talking schoolgirls, then you can't do better than Touma-kun. She turned the whole faculty into her own happy lesbian harem.

(And don't get me started on the things she did with her schoolmates, lol.)

Lol
I believe we could include Yamada Kaoru from Virgins' Empire. She had already lost count of her conquests, and we have seen her seduce a cute girl in two minutes flat. Literally: they met for the first time, and two minutes later they were necking! (And she hadn't even asked for her name!)

Oh but lately she's been badly hit by the cliché trope of "Casanova no girl has ever resisted falls madly in love with the one girl who rejects their advances!" Nobody's perfect...

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Oh but lately she's been badly hit by the cliché trope of "Casanova no girl has ever resisted falls madly in love with the one girl who rejects their advances!" Nobody's perfect...

I wonder where that one trope comes from? The idea that if you want to win the heart of an irresistible womanizer who has all the girls in the world at his/her feet, the right way is playing hard to get. Imho it doesn't seem to make sense... but maybe it's just I don't get it.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I wonder where that one trope comes from? The idea that if you want to win the heart of an irresistible womanizer who has all the girls in the world at his/her feet, the right way is playing hard to get. Imho it doesn't seem to make sense... but maybe it's just I don't get it.

It's a power fantasy. The idea of being so desirable that someone that everyone desires desires you, and you alone, and that you aren't succumbing to them. It's even more common in het romance, especially like western het romance, the idea of someone who is super powerful, or super desirable, or whatever being hopeless about the main character.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

^ Yes, that's exactly it. A simple wish-fulfillment fantasy that qualifies as an older than dirt trope, as they prolly already had stories like that in ancient Egypt and China, hehe. In more recent literature, like het romance novels aimed at the female readership, you find this plot device pretty much everywhere... and it never seems to lose popularity, no matter how overused it gets.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Yeah as a fan of Urban Fantasy (which is almost-always also het romance) it's in basically every story with a female main character (and a good amount with a male main character) - you have the main love interest as someone who is super powerful and well-known, and all he wants is the MC.

God do you know how bad I'd love some good lesbian Urban Fantasy. That'd make my fucking year.

Dashing
joined Nov 19, 2018

Absolutely fantastic! Insta subscribed. Waiting for more!

joined May 1, 2018

The craziest thing about this series is that it's a Shonen Jump manga. Not the weekly one, but still freaking Shonen Jump. Yet it genuinely feels like a yuri comedy.

joined Mar 15, 2017

The craziest thing about this series is that it's a Shonen Jump manga. Not the weekly one, but still freaking Shonen Jump. Yet it genuinely feels like a yuri comedy.

As a consequence of being a web platform, not a magazine, Jump+ is loose about what can belong there, so it's not crazy at all.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2019-02-11/weekly-shonen-jump-editor-in-chief-hiroyuki-nakano/.143096

Overseas fans may not be so familiar with this, so what exactly is the difference between Weekly Shonen Jump and Jump+?

Weekly Shonen Jump is a print magazine with a long history. The works are mainly aimed at teenage boys. That's the strong focus we keep in mind for Weekly Shonen Jump. But with Jump+, things are a little looser. Some of the works are aimed at adults or at women. It's full of new and different styles of manga that you haven't seen before, fighting at the front lines. I think it's made possible by the fact that it's all published digitally instead of on paper.

Jump+ is where Otome no Teikoku is now serialized and Suito-to.

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Gud shiet

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

harem!?

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

harem!?

More polyamory then harem, if she ends up dating them both. Most harem manga the main character isn't dating any of the harem members. Also harems usually have more than 2 people.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Holy Hell...

Polyamory!

Now let's just hope this doesn't die in 5 chapters.

11987161_1662992157250246_4752483831939925755_n
joined Jun 20, 2014

i like this alooot omg XD

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Holy Hell...

Polyamory!

Supposedly there's 33 already so we can hope.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Holy Hell...

Polyamory!

33 is the last chapter. I do believe it's the manga is finished. I mean, 33 chapters for a Yuri threesome/poly is already big in itself. Before you ask me, i think it's finished because the updates were weekly and it's been a month since last chapter so it's normal to assume that is finished.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah as a fan of Urban Fantasy (which is almost-always also het romance) it's in basically every story with a female main character (and a good amount with a male main character) - you have the main love interest as someone who is super powerful and well-known, and all he wants is the MC.

God do you know how bad I'd love some good lesbian Urban Fantasy. That'd make my fucking year.

psst...*The Graveyard Sparrow* by Kayla Bashe

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Holy Hell...

Polyamory!

33 is the last chapter. I do believe it's the manga is finished. I mean, 33 chapters for a Yuri threesome/poly is already big in itself. Before you ask me, i think it's finished because the updates were weekly and it's been a month since last chapter so it's normal to assume that is finished.

What a joyous day to be alive.

Hot damn 33 chapters. Whew!

Hino1
joined Nov 17, 2018

looks very promising and i cant wait to see moreeeee

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well damn her neighbor is aggressive( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

First time i see ostrasized used in a manga. Had to check it to see what it mean. Love how "that make sense" is formuled as a question,as she see the point but still question his legitimity.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Well I don't like that.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

There's Weird Voices Coming from the Room Next Door! -> There's Weird Voices Coming from Wherever I am! And I'm making them!

To reply you must either login or sign up.